334 replies to this topic

#1 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Basically, because I am a motorsport photographer i am always looking around for new equipment, this really good deal came up on a camera after putting an advert on gumtree. He phone and and after much talk I went for it, it all seemed legit and the bloke was lovely (even wanted to stay in contact and do future work) He gave me so much confidence. But I might have been scammed.

First off I was an idiot to Bank transfer the money too him, (we both use Halifax) but in return he gave an Invoice that explained everything, photos of the item and a screenshot of him booking delivery of which I got a tracking number that worked. 

He said he was going on holiday last Tuesday in this country and will have his phone on him so I could text him as much as I like... 

So I have been texting him, he took a while to reply, but he did and it kept giving me confidence, we had chats on the phone and he was saying all about the scams online and how it wasn't in his nature, he wasn't clever enough etc etc and I genuinely believed him. 

Today was the day the parcel was meant to be picked up from his house that he said his dad was going to be there. 

All the tracker has said all day was:

23/05/2013 Parcel due for collection on 23/05/2013 between 09:00 and 18:00

I messaged saying I was worried that it hadn't changed he said I have all the right to worry and that if anything did go wrong he would refund me my money anyway, again this gave me confidence seeing as though surely he wouldn't go through the time of giving me an invoice with his name etc on, bank details, even the bank company and booking a Courier where surely the tracking number leads to his address? 

I have tried to phone him and text the last couple of hours but no answer or reply, now I am sure he is just on holiday having a good time but I am worrying. 

As I said we had loads of genuine chats about stuff and he never even forced me into the sale, said I can if I want but if I don't it just wasn't meant to be. He was honest and everything.

Now I hope this is just the tracker being slow or there was a reason why it wasn't picked up, but the company won't tell me why because I am not the account holder. 

What do you guys think? I am stupid sometimes...

Fill me with confidence please haha.

#2 silve1999

silve1999

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Local Club: MiniFreakz, Brighton Mini Club

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

whats the parcel company?

#3 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

It was Parcel2go.com through Pallet force.

#4 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Local Club: Stone mini club

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Id give it a few days atleast, ,doesnt sound like a scam but i guess you never know. 

#5 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

He is nice as pie on the phone and I told him about when I lost some money before and never got it back and he was gobsmacked. 

I have phoned him about 8 times tonight with no answer, maybe I should stop pestering him. 

#6 silve1999

silve1999

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

yeah i would give it a rest until the morning.....

Im not sure i understand your arrangement though why is a parcel being delivered to him?

why did you pay for something he didnt have to sell?

where is it on the tracking and where is it going to?

do you know where he lives?

have you tried to find him on the internet... if its a scam hes probably done it to someone else and they are posting about it on a forum somehwere too! :-)

#7 OllieTheWelder

OllieTheWelder

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

Give the poor bloke some time...

#8 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Ok, perhaps I am not explaining myself properly.

I paid for an item and we agreed to split the delivery charge. HE booked the delivery company and gave me a tracking number and told me to track it using that. 

He phoned me saying he had the camera I wanted etc and would sell it to me for this price etc so I bought it. 

All it says on the tracking at the minute is...

23/05/2013 21:30:14 Parcel due for collection on 23/05/2013 between 09:00 and 18:00

And I did ask for his address but he never sent it to me, he also said to add him on facebook but I can't find him.

He told me earlier this morning the email wouldn't go on the lack of signal so would find a bar later and send it to me. Nothing as of yet. 

#9 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Local Club: Stone mini club

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

He is nice as pie on the phone and I told him about when I lost some money before and never got it back and he was gobsmacked. 

I have phoned him about 8 times tonight with no answer, maybe I should stop pestering him. 

Just relax and tell yourself its all going to be ok! But seriously hes probably out having some fun on his holiday :P

#10 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Give the poor bloke some time...

You can understand my panic of sending a £1075 in a bank transfer and then there being the signs of it not turning up. 

#11 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

Id give it a few days atleast, ,doesnt sound like a scam but i guess you never know. 

I did this a few times today...

I feel bad when I keep pestering him and say sorry when he rings and says he is fine about it. 

#12 silve1999

silve1999

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

i'm sure it is nothing but it does sound decidedly dodgy to me!

#13 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

I do hope not :( 

#14 silve1999

silve1999

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Im sure it is fine, I'm just usually assuming everyone who i give money to is screwing me over, which is why i prefer the barter system ;-)

#15 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Well I will give him some time and then I will see... I know a fair bit of info about him. Hmm. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users