334 replies to this topic

#16 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

So last night he text me saying that the courier wouldn't cover cameras (he text me this Wednesday aswell) and because they refunded the extra cover they cancelled the courier, he asks if Royal Mail would be better, I then realised it was a bank holiday this weekend. He wanted me to look for a better courier and gave me his address which ties up to where he said he was from prior to me buying the camera.

I then said, Royal Mail is fine but then thought.

I asked him if I could pick it up, someone needed to be in the house anyway to give it to the courier. I only live 50 mins away from Nottingham.

I then said that it would either be this or a refund as I need the camera ASAP really and I can then make other arrangements.

Hmm no reply since last night.

Strange

#17 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

If he won't let you collect then alarm bells will ring as that is definitely a sign of something dodgy!

#18 mini-luke

mini-luke

Postman Pat

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Royal Mail SD could by my choice but it's starting to seem distinctly dodgy

#19 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

He just text me saying already posted, he has given his dad my number and will be in contact with me later with tracking numbers etc

#20 silve1999

silve1999

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Local Club: MiniFreakz, Brighton Mini Club

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

good luck buddy!! :-)

#21 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

good luck buddy!! :-)

Thanks! At least if I can get a tracking number I can see where it is

#22 JustSteve

JustSteve

Puke-Boy!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

So last night he text me saying that the courier wouldn't cover cameras (he text me this Wednesday aswell) and because they refunded the extra cover they cancelled the courier, he asks if Royal Mail would be better, I then realised it was a bank holiday this weekend. He wanted me to look for a better courier and gave me his address which ties up to where he said he was from prior to me buying the camera.

I asked him if I could pick it up, someone needed to be in the house anyway to give it to the courier. I only live 50 mins away from Nottingham.

I then said that it would either be this or a refund as I need the camera ASAP really and I can then make other arrangements.

Strange

Im from Nottingham if you need somebody to pickit up or anything. Just give me a shout!

Obviously you would then need to trust anpther party :lol:

#23 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Strange

Im from Nottingham if you need somebody to pickit up or anything. Just give me a shout!
Obviously you would then need to trust anpther party :lol:

Thank you very much for the offer, I will see how this plays out. If this messes up I'm going to ask for a refund.

Cheers

#24 Brad_Raybould

Brad_Raybould

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Local Club: Bostin' Mini Club

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

I'd hate to be in your situation and I can fully understand that you're worring about it. £1000 is a lot to lose (it is to me anyway) and I wouldn't let it go.

Hopefully it is a genuine buy but if he keeps pushing it back like this, it may start to sound a bit iffy.

Good luck getting your camera!

#25 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Thanks for the confidence guys, well there is no excuse now. The delivery companies won't mess up twice in a row, if they do, it must be very bad luck. If nothing comes from this, I will take the full refund that he offered. 

What is keeping me going is the fact he is texting back. If he had vanished, and his phone wasn't ringing I would be worrying alot more. 

#26 firstforward

firstforward

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

YES!

#27 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

YES!

:)

#28 JimminyBob

JimminyBob

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Keep calm, chances are it'll all turn out okay and you're worrying over nothing.

#29 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Keep calm, chances are it'll all turn out okay and you're worrying over nothing.

I keep telling myself this, one minute I think oo everything will be fine and then the next i'm just really down about it.

#30 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Local Club: Stone mini club

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Well atleast you know his address now so if the worst happens you can turn up at his house and demand your money back :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users