334 replies to this topic

#301 ToM 2012

ToM 2012

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

Phoned the police, explained all. They just told me to wait for action fraud again! Ugh. Becoming tiring.

dont want to sound nasty or anything but i think you wont see a penny back now. police will only get bored of it and wont do nothing as what have they done so far? have you heard anything? or phoned? the scumbag? 

#302 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

I know now that I won't get any back. I got a text saying that I tried to phone but I never did. Last time I tried anything. Don't want to speak to them to be honest.

#303 Willthewelder

Willthewelder

Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Local Club: Colchester Mini Club

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

It's not the value of the fraud. We pay our taxes to fund the police force. They have a legally bound duty to investigae it...

#304 korky

korky

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

Having just read through all of this I really feel bad for you mate. I guess you are just left to walk away and learn from it. If it were me, I would get someone to track that phone number and make this guy's life hell but yeah..

#305 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

There is still time for all of this, but I will let the police do something if they do first. Don't want to do anything that will go against me.

#306 Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Local Club: Surabaya Mini Club

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

It's not the value of the fraud. We pay our taxes to fund the police force. They have a legally bound duty to investigae it...

^^^ This. I'm surprised that people suggest that you should just roll over and accept your fate.

This piece of trash stole from you and even if the police don't have adequate proof for a conviction, they need to have this turd on file, because as sure as the Lord made little green apples, he'll be doing it again - he has got a taste of how easy it is.

If nothing else you need a crime number so you can try to get info from his bank.

I have just had the laugh of my life....the action fraud hotline offers language services, and of all things basa jawa....they have no money to investigate fraud by translate the website into boso jowo.....for those interested, we have one national language here in Indonesia, bahasa Indonesia which is pretty close to Malay language...in the whole 16000 odd islands there are well over 700 languages and javanese is just one of them. We speak it at home, mixed with bahasa Indo and English, but for the police to have a translator on hand when they have no money is absolute madness.

#307 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

3rd attempt at trying to get this information printed and sent to me. So far the last 2 times have said they would phone me back after speaking to their manager, this person has just said the same. There is no good me just telling the police the weights without proof.

UPDATE - Just had him phone me back, they can't send it me. The police need to request it. UGH. 

#308 Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring

• Banned
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

The longer it goes on, the colder it gets, you've either to roll over and give up, or change up a couple of gears with your attitude towards the woodentops.

If these clowns won't step up - make an appointment to see an inspector and make it quite clear you'll make a complaint against him (he has a vicarious responsibility for his baby woodentops).

You'll get nowhere without police intervention.

#309 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

There's no way they were ever going to give you his details that's an offence in itself. The best they could do is confirm the payment and check his personal data on their system against what you can provide. If there's reason to suspect the account is held in a false name it's their duty to do something about it. If it is pucka, the police will be able to investigate if a fraud has occurred. You could try making a civil case out of it, and get the summons served via the Halifax.

#310 Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring

• Banned
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

He has to show fraud, and if he can show that the account was used in. The police already have grounds to investigate fraud, they need to be forced to do so.

Halifax won't want anything to do with someone like him -

http://www.consumera...ed-due-to-fraud

#311 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Just a quick update, after 4 weeks, nothing has been done, Police don't want anything to do with it. I am now going through the trading standards way as this seller is in breach of contract. I will now send him a letter explaining that he is in breach to the address he supplied and see if I get a reply. I have been down to my local police station too and they don't care. I am just being thrown round in circles.

Edited by thebullet, 03 July 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#312 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

What have action fraud said or done?

#313 tmarmsi

tmarmsi

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

At least you have his bank details as proof of purchase through your money transfer unless its a dodgy bank account, wouldn't of thought so (not sure what Halifax's security checks are like) so if worst comes to worst you have all his details if you need to take it further.

#314 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Action Fraud can't update and havn't got back to me, Police reckons they have chosen not to investigate. Girlfriend now says she is not with him and won't put her life at risk by giving me any information, I will have to sort it out when he comes out she says....

#315 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Contact your forces police and crime commissioner!

I don't understand how they can CHOOSE not to investigate, they have a duty to investigate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users