Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Action Fraud can't update and havn't got back to me, Police reckons they have chosen not to investigate. Girlfriend now says she is not with him and won't put her life at risk by giving me any information, I will have to sort it out when he comes out she says....

Sadly this what I expected and it makes me sick. The Police are paid civil servants, to 'choose' not to investigate is disgraceful. I would right to the local paper and the chief inspector.

#317 Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Local Club: Surabaya Mini Club

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

And they wonder why there is an increasing lack of respect for the law from "normal" people - 

It's fraud, if they don't act....formal complaint. Make me puke and I'm glad not to have to look at the mess the UK has become.

#318 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

You can have some sympathy with the police, they have finite resources, but it doesn't seem like a lot of effort for them and the Halifax to put together the basic facts to see if there's a case to answer.

#319 Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring

• Banned
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

You can have some sympathy with the police, they have finite resources, but it doesn't seem like a lot of effort for them and the Halifax to put together the basic facts to see if there's a case to answer.

Not a lot I'm afraid. They seem to have infinite resources when it comes to easy to police and convict crimes (motoring springs to mind here) - but when it comes to something a little more difficult, then they run out of money.

Could rant on for hours about this, but it's coffee and papaya time.

#320 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

http://blackquack.co...y-xperia-z.html

Seems a new advert, still dealing even though I was told he was in prison?

#321 JimminyBob

JimminyBob

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

I doubt very much that he's in prison, probably a story to put you off pursuing it further.

#322 tractor

tractor

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Is that the name he used in the advert for your camera?

I should take this down the cop shop as it implies this is a series of frauds and so ups the severity from their point of view

#323 tractor

tractor

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Disclaimer - don't do this its proberly unsafe

If it was me I'd get my self a pay as you go sim ring him and make out you want to buy it, arrange to meet up, when you do meet ..... Well we can't condone violence on a public forum but I would get my £1,000 back one way or another

As far as I'm concerned once you step that side of t he law you take your own chances and should expect to suffer the consequences

Trac

Edited by tractor, 06 July 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#324 scotty_1987

scotty_1987

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Local Club: MiniBallers

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

Just read all the 22 pages of this thread, I feel so sorry for you dude, it's not fair that it's happened to a nice guy like yourself! I kept hoping as I read each page that there'd be a glimmer of positivity to shine through here but alas life's a *******!

I can't really give you any advice that hasn't been given already but, I will say never give up dude! Keep plugging away at the end of the day the pOlice do a job like anyone else...you don't get people in shops just giving up half way through a purchase so in essence why should the police give up before they've even damn well started!
Good luck pal
Hope it works out

#325 Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring

• Banned
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

He's not in prison - he knows how to play the system. 

Let's see how greedy he is :-)

#326 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

I could just update my action fraud report but it won't get me anywhere. I am just being thrown round in circle.

Thanks for all your comments guys.

#327 TheMiniDream

TheMiniDream

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

Keep fighting for it buddy!! Don't give in now. Try everything you have got... You know his address, his name, and you have a bank details and a number... What about paying this scum a little visit dress in a suit and pretend to be someone with some importance or maybe just a delivery guy... Deliver a so called important letter knock and ask for mark... I wouldn't give in!! £1000 for some a paper is a hell of a lot! Good luck mate!

#328 silve1999

silve1999

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Local Club: MiniFreakz, Brighton Mini Club

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

Keep updating your cases and doing everything by the book, maybe arrange a mate to buy a phone off him then you can turn up and confront him secretly video taping the meeting like a sun expose....

#329 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

Just updated my report. I have bought myself a new lens as I cannot now afford a body. I used a company and paid by Debit, even though everything is going to be ok. I still had that horrible feeling before pressing the button. 

In the next couple of days I will write this Mark a letter.

#330 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Local Club: Stone mini club

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Just updated my report. I have bought myself a new lens as I cannot now afford a body. I used a company and paid by Debit, even though everything is going to be ok. I still had that horrible feeling before pressing the button. 

In the next couple of days I will write this Mark a letter.

If you have his address and its not too far, i would consider going to his house and confronting him. Obviously verbally and being reasonable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users