#61 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Local Club: Stone mini club

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

When is he supposed to be heading home from his holiday?

#62 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

When he phoned me yesterday he said he was on his last day and that he would give me a ring at midday to let me know if it had been posted or not and to tell me what is going on. 

I need to know before I head to work so I can book time off AGAIN. 

#63 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

I have still heard nothing but I have every finger crossed that it will turn up tomorrow. I'd be so so happy.

#64 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Any luck?

#65 CurtisNewlol

CurtisNewlol

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

No offence, but if I were worried about losing out on nigh on £1.2k, then I really wouldn't care about petrol money!
Get yourself down there and put your mind at rest either way.

But I do hope it all gets sorted for you mate, good luck

Curtis

Edited by CurtisNewlol, 28 May 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#66 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

I guess you are right. Ill see what happens today, I just can't believe how he can promise me all these things over text and phone and then not reply or nothing shows up. Really doing my head in now.

#67 Captain Mainwaring

Captain Mainwaring

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Local Club: Surabaya Mini Club

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

I guess you are right. Ill see what happens today, I just can't believe how he can promise me all these things over text and phone and then not reply or nothing shows up. Really doing my head in now.

No disrespect, but that's how people con you.

I had a twit of ebay try and tell me that my payment hadn't cleared, to the point where I was threatening Paypal with court recovery - only when he saw that he buckled and admitted that "there must have been some sort of mistake" - that was less than 50 notes and I was ready to make his life hell.

I don't know what camera you bought - but I hope you enjoy it....I bought a 7D and a second hand iPhone 4S last time I transited in Singapore - I don't have the best of lenses yet, but what a wonderful camera - everyone can be a professional with it if you are used to the "old" style SLR's....

#68 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Already have a 7D :) love that camera with my 300mm f4 Prime on it. I just need a second body that is full frame so this is for a Canon 5D Mkiii, meaning I can then do better driver and car portraits and grid shots with the Mini 7 Racing Club who I am working for.  

#69 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

So I told him that if I didn't recieve anything today it would be out of my hands... 

I got this text after.

Right i'm back, the camera is here. We will post today and you will have a tracking number before 5. Sorry for previous issues... dad is useless... holiday ruined by the courier. Lets start a fresh. Tracking number before 5, camera tomorrow. 

So far no tracking number but he said till 5 so let's wait and see.

#70 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Sounds promising, fingers crossed :P

#71 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Personally i think the guy is a saint for putting up with this.  My text would have said something more along the lines of 'holiday ruined by inconsiderate and impatient buyer failing to take the bank holiday into account'.  Genuinely no offence is meant but I think you really have been all over this guy's back by the sound of it, quite possibly all based on nothing more than paranoia that you are feeling as a result of being stung in the past.

Edited by Dan, 28 May 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#72 thebullet

thebullet

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

You are entitled to your opinion. 

Maybe I am. But what do you expect when he tells me it has been posted, then it's at home, then his dad has my number, then he wont reply, then he will phone me midday tomorrow and nothing turns up. Wouldn't you be suspicious. Bank holiday has nothing to do with is. 

It was meant to be picked up from his house last Thursday, that all went wrong. Said it was posted last Friday and would be at mine Saturday, no sign, Latest I would get it is tuesday, no sign. I understand there is alot going on. 

Well let's wait and see what happens, I'm sure you would feel the same way if you were getting alot of false promises, booking time off work to collect things that aren't turning up. 

#73 silve1999

silve1999

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Local Club: MiniFreakz, Brighton Mini Club

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

to be honest anyone that excepts 1k payment for something and then buggers off on holiday deserves all this crap if he is being legit then he shouldve concluded any business before holiday, its his own fault its ruined.

#74 Moggyton

Moggyton

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Have you heard anything?

#75 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Have you heard anything?

I was wondering the same. No response doesn't bode well though does it. Hope it works out for the OP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users