60 replies to this topic

#16 Mini Mike

Mini Mike

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

In the attached photo there appears to be 4 possible locations for fuel lines? I have put a copper pipe in for a return and have an mpi fuel tank I'm just wondering which 2 are fuel lines and what are the other 2 for?

Attached Files

#17 Mini Mike

Mini Mike

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

I assume there should be another hose attached but where from/too?

Attached Files

#18 Mini Mike

Mini Mike

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

I found a loose wire with the top of what looks like a sensor attached to it and searched round the engine to see where it could be from. Any one have any idea what it is and if its important?? and yes its broken  :ohno:

Attached Files

#19 Mini Mike

Mini Mike

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

Enough of my problems! Although it has been raining on and off all day i managed to find a garage to hide in and get a few things done. I took the alternator mount and the front brace off of the engine and sub frame, stripped them of paint and rust and gave them a few layers of paint. They're now hanging to dry over night ready for some more progress tomorrow. I also had a look at my breaks which are unfortunately standard but i am very much so on the market for some better breaks if any one has any for sale! They came out of the mini in perfect working condition but the discs as to be expected are looking a bit tatty. I cleaned them and put them back on the car and put in the brake line joining the left hand side to the right. I also finished cutting the bulkhead box hole which looks horrendously large but seems to fit the box. Any one know any welders in Wiltshire that wouldn't charge me an arm and a leg? I also cut a hole for the wiring loom on the top right hand side of the bulkhead.

Attached Files

Edited by Mini Mike, 22 June 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#20 Andi-p

Andi-p

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

I found a loose wire with the top of what looks like a sensor attached to it and searched round the engine to see where it could be from. Any one have any idea what it is and if its important?? and yes its broken  :ohno:

These are pics of the oil pressure switch. Not very expensive to fix.

#21 Andi-p

Andi-p

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

I assume there should be another hose attached but where from/too?

Breathers that go to the original air intake system.

#22 Andi-p

Andi-p

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

In the attached photo there appears to be 4 possible locations for fuel lines? I have put a copper pipe in for a return and have an mpi fuel tank I'm just wondering which 2 are fuel lines and what are the other 2 for?

The ones in your left hand are the fuel pipes. The larger one of the the two is the feed and the smaller one is the return. I think one on the throttle body is a vacuum pipe for the servo and the other is a breather to somewhere. It may need blanking off.

Edited by Andi-p, 23 June 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#23 Mini Mike

Mini Mike

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

So the breather that went to the original intake system should go to the vx system as well? There is a big hole that looks like it needs filling! I shall leave the breathers on the throttle body as they are and hope for the best then :)

Attached Files

#24 Andi-p

Andi-p

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

That one is for the servo in the back of there :S

#25 Mini Mike

Mini Mike

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

My hands are still bleeding but its in! and it fits!! (just....) I had to cut away a lot of material from the drivers side inner wing for it to fit and I'm still not happy with the clearance so I shall have to cut away more material when the engine comes out for the welder. Other than taking a bit of time over that, it was actually fairly simple having dry fitted the subframe previously. I just set the engine and subframe where i wanted it on the ground and lowered the whole car down on top of it. Admittedly it took about 8 attempts but we got there in the end! (Definitely a 2 man job at least!! Thanks Gremlin  :highfive: ) I also had to cut away some of the triangular tab, again on the drivers side, to allow the inlet manifold and throttle body to fit but where on earth am i going to put an air filter? More worryingly is there is hardly any room for a radiator! I tried playing around with the radiator that came out of the mini to see if i could get it to fit in anywhere and even with the brake servo out there so little room as can be seen! I would really like to get the radiator, the coolant hoses and the wiring sorted just so i can see if it runs before taking the whole lot out again to get the box welded in and to neaten it up but its a very daunting task - there are so many wires and hoses that i don't know where to start! 

I finished today by attaching the steering rack and putting the wheels on as the mini hasn't been on all fours for a good few months now! It looks so close but i know its so far away from being ready  >_<

Attached Files

#26 Mini Mike

Mini Mike

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Theres a servo in there??? oh gawddd  O_O feeling like I'm in fairly deep right now.

#27 BenH

BenH

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Minis

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

this is the clutch fitting you need, was about £15 direct from vauxhall, literally just clips onto your current fitting, didn't get how it'd work at first but its fine!

http://img.auctiva.c...244696801_o.jpg

#28 Mini Mike

Mini Mike

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Thanks Ben! Any idea of a product code or similar? Shall order one promptly.

#29 Andi-p

Andi-p

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

you will be better getting the one i posted the link for as you will need the rest of the pipe to go in to the above unit as it is a push in fitting not a standard srew in type fitting

#30 Mini Mike

Mini Mike

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Good call Andi! Is the end of the set up you suggested the same as the one Ben posted?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users