55 replies to this topic

#31 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

Here is the pic of the driveline layout, I have now cut the rear subframe down to a rear beam and its still WAY too heavy for what i want so ill be making my own type of beam to suit. Also after looking at the car more closely the rear 1/4 panels and the sills are coming off and new ones being put on. The rear 1/4 panels will go on AFTER i have sand blasted the shell though. I am waiting on some Zinc primer that i can brush onto the bare metal once ive blasted it to keep it good whilst i mess about with the rest of the shell.

Attached Files

Edited by stevenford_uk, 23 October 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#32 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Pictures please

#33 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Forgot to press the "attach file" button :shy:

#34 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

Looks like an e39 diff to me, how sad I would know that

Cheers

David

#35 domdee

domdee

Formally known as dominicdee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Local Club: hull clubs on FB

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

want to see more

#36 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

It is indeed an e39 LSD. I'll post up some more pics when I start cutting the bulkheads etc, I'm off on hols next week so won't be any progress for a week or so.

#37 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

Bk from my jollies now and still NO STEEL!!! I'm getting no reply by txt, phone or email either now, looks like the cheap steel from the mate of a mate who works at a local engineering firm will not materialise.
Steel stockholders in Stoke will supply but it's a bit more expensive than I'd hoped for.
I guess I'll start cutting the front bulkhead & do the miglia style conversion to that whilst I'm trying to sort the rest of my steel.

#38 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

I've just been reading and apparently some bloke has done a similar thing as I'm doing with the type e gearbox on an MK Fury kitcar. However he has reversed the drive to the T-e gearbox & is running the bike engine to the "output" shaft of the T-e box & the "input" of the T-e box to the diff. He runs in 4th for normal running and shifts the T-e box into 3rd to lower the revs for cruising. I was struggling to see how that would work but it's clear to me now and it's a superb idea, I can remove 1st & 2nd from the T-e box and still have an overdrive box that is less than 20kg. I will need to rig up a support bearing of some kind for the "input" shaft of the T-e box which will now be going to the prop.
I managed to secure a gear lever for the T-e box from eBay last night for £15 delivered. So once I get that I can start testing the T-e box.

#39 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

This guy has done a similiar thing this time using a hewland gearbox

http://www.ebay.co.u...-/111203797915?

Cheers

David

#40 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

I received my gear lever for the Type e box yesterday and turning the box around and running it backwards will work for a simple solution for my overdrive box.

Im also going to try and get the grinder out tonight and cut the front bulkhead for the miglia conversion.

Pics to follow.

#41 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

I tell ya what! Life doesn't half get in the way of projects. I've not managed to do anything except for mark out what i'm doing to the bulkheads and I have transposed images of an aprilia rsv motor onto the front of a mini and whilst it looks awesome it may be too tall to fit inside the engine bay and may encroach on the NS front wing top. So i have a backup donkey.......2005 Honda Super Blackbird motor, its no-where near as tall, 35bhp more, 15,000ftlbs torque more and unfortunately its 20Kg heavier and doesn't have a dry sump or a slipper clutch. I would prefer to use the Mille lump but with its height i may not be able to.....I'm hoping that this weekend i can grab the RSV motor and get it offered up into position to see what the positioning and clearance is like.

#42 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

does anyone know what the 05 fuel injected blackbird engine weighs? I cant find any info on the weight of it and i'm not going down to the workshop (16miles away) just to weigh mine.

#43 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

does anyone know what the 05 fuel injected blackbird engine weighs? I cant find any info on the weight of it and i'm not going down to the workshop (16miles away) just to weigh mine.

They are about 90 kgs

Cheers

David

#44 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

That includes all ancillaries and oil

#45 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

If you decide to use the blackbird motor, I have a few car specific things for sale, mk sprocket adapter, westfield sump baffle

Cheers

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users