JonnyAlpha

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts
  • Local Club: Exmoor Minis

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hi All;

Probably asked this question before but cannot for the life of me find it. I have half completed a repair of the boot floor but now need to remove the subframe to weld / paint the underneath of the boot floor.

I am also going to renew the Left and Right Sills and Left Hand Front Floor Pan.

I have bought a couple of Heel Board Repair Panels in case I find damage when I remove the Sub Frame (I am sure I will).

Question:

If I am repairing the Left and Right ends of the Heel Board and also replacing the Sills what order do I do them, do I fit the sills before the heel boards ends or fit the heel board ends before the sills i.e what goes on top of what? Or does it not matter?

Thanks

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Heelboard ends first as you may have to do some repairs to the inner sill under the reinforcement bracket that attaches to the inner sill. This should be part of your heelboard end panel.

Then once the ends are done the new outer sill should tuck inside the heelboard end as the sill should have a joggled end. Don't worry too much if you cannot get it to fit the other option is to either butt weld it to the heelboard end or you could flatten out the joggle and then overlap the heelboard end.Then seam weld it.

#3 black olive

black olive

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

ive sent you a couple of linkys on the other thread about the jig mate :) 

#4 JonnyAlpha

JonnyAlpha

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts
  • Local Club: Exmoor Minis

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

Guy's sorry for not replying sooner, didn't subscribe to the thread and my Internet is intermittent at the mo.
Will do the Heel Boards first then and thanks for the Jig link, got some nice pieces of shelving rack supports that will do nicely for the Jig. Doing the rear end at the mo (rear boot floor, boot hinge panel and under rear lights) heel Boards, sills and left hand floor pan next.
Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rust repair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users