#31 Alice Dooper

Alice Dooper

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Local Club: Minis in Northern Ireland

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

Looking really well. The replaying looks great.

#32 Twilton

Twilton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:50 PM

I popped back up north for the weekend and got a couple more jobs ticked off the list. Got my plumbing just about done, need to finish off with the heater and fuel tank. Also spent a good time at the wiring, which is mostly in good shape, but needed some attention with the new Aldon Electric ignition. I've about got it there just needs so bits retaping, i've got some of that tesa cloth tape, that I might give a go.

I also replaced the float jet and needle, along with butterfly in the carb (I pulled out that anti stall thing in place of a nice plain coin).

IMG_2362.jpg

Made up the banjo from some aeroquip.

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

I'm not too happy about this nearest pclip I might spin it so it's up the other way, I couldn't remember at all the route of this wire as its been dangling around for so long now.

IMG_2372.jpg

#33 Twilton

Twilton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

Brum.... Brum. Running like an absolute treat, apart from the bloody thermostat deciding not to work!

IMG_2859.jpg

A couple of changes to the engine bay, I was planning of giving my cabin air intake some treatment with the hot air gun, but in the end opted to move the coil using a bracket I made. Also bent up a bit of steel fuel line, I wasn't happy with the long rubber pipes and configuration.

Need to get my rear subby blasted, powder coated, then we on the home straight.. that and I've stuck a spanner in the works.

I've bit the bullet and got my self a set of twin HS2's.

Oh and the misses reckons I need to change the original headlining... I think the stains add a bit of charm.

Edited by Twilton, 04 August 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#34 Twilton

Twilton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

Cable that I've ran over from front to back, this has the power to the fuel pump and a couple of future proofing wires.. I'd like to add a rear fog/rain light and theres an amp trigger wire as well. This goes across the back off the dash and pick's up the tacho etc..

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

I'm wondering if minispares will give me some extra discount if i return all these haha!

#35 blueovalcraig

blueovalcraig

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

I really like this car, considering spraying mine nightfire red when I eventually get to that stage.

#36 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Local Club: Northwest Casual Classics

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

IMG_2444.jpg

I'm wondering if minispares will give me some extra discount if i return all these haha!

Thought it was a wad of cash at first :shy:

#37 Twilton

Twilton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

I really like this car, considering spraying mine nightfire red when I eventually get to that stage.

You should! I'm well happy with how it's turned out.

#38 Twilton

Twilton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:18 PM

IMG_2444.jpg

Thought it was a wad of cash at first :shy:

Well... technically it is...  O_O

#39 Tda321

Tda321

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:50 PM

Great work, that colour is very nice.

#40 mini_matt_106

mini_matt_106

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

Love the 3year break but you came back! Haha that colour and the interior is gorgeous v

#41 Twilton

Twilton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

Great work, that colour is very nice.

Thanks!

Love the 3year break but you came back! Haha that colour and the interior is gorgeous v

Yeah man, the time just disappears!

#42 Twilton

Twilton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Something shiny for the min-bin showed up.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

:shades:

#43 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

Oh and the misses reckons I need to change the original headlining... I think the stains add a bit of charm.

I painted a few old head linings in household emulsion paint, I used a small roller and they looked great and last all the time I had the car (about 3 years), when I sold it the headlining was as good as the day I did it.

Alternatively you can fit a new headlining, they aren't hard to do you just need to take your time and of course you need to take out the front and back screens.

#44 Twilton

Twilton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

I painted a few old head linings in household emulsion paint, I used a small roller and they looked great and last all the time I had the car (about 3 years), when I sold it the headlining was as good as the day I did it.

Alternatively you can fit a new headlining, they aren't hard to do you just need to take your time and of course you need to take out the front and back screens.

That's a great idea! I wish i'd done that years ago!

Fortunately, I had already had the windows out with the respray, although I did put them back in.. thinking I could get away with the headlining. Anyway I took the leap this weekend and replaced it, wasn't too bad, took about 6hours or so with a little bit of time to settle (my patience) and the lining. I'll get some photos up

#45 Twilton

Twilton

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

Goodbye my old friend (43years of service)

IMG_30301.jpg

I triple layered some laminate underlay, I was looking at 15mm closed cell foam but it's expensive, the underlay I found in the garage and as a bonus it weighs hardly anything!

IMG_30401.jpg

Nearly finished, trying to cast shadows to find any wrinkles!

IMG_30631.jpg

Don't have a better one of it finished  :teehee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users