#31 lowridermini

lowridermini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Local Club: jester mini club

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:11 PM

It looks cool my cousun had a mini 1000, and he sprayed it black whith skulls on the doors, it looked ace my hornet is going to be black, because it stand out whith the chrome

#32 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Local Club: Birmingham Mini Owners Club / Bruuuums Mini's

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:17 PM

ive gotta have a repair job done on my gt as someone mashed my rear quarter and light cluster, so itll need a respray, figured it'd cost a fortune to blend in the blue so was seriosuly debating doing a matt finish, only downfall being everything is blue, right down to the inside of the doors, engine bay, inside of the boot, all metal is blue, so i dont think it can be done easily without stripping th ewhole car and engine!!
boo hoo!
is it pourous or is it a good water repellant, does it need lacquering afterwards or polishing or anything, any info is greatly appreciated guys

#33 Feeble

Feeble

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:09 PM

Why not paint it matt blue! ;D

#34 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:13 PM

the inside of mines still red...lol

the shell will be getting scrapped over the winter so i just gave a coat of matt black so it was all one colour, it was annoying me being red/white/yellow.
I doubt i'd do another car in matt black, i quite enjoy washing me car and waxing it so its nice and shiney. cant do any of that with this paint, plus the fingerprints on it are a right pain in the tits.

#35 Yeti

Yeti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Local Club: I don't play well with others

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:16 PM

Im thinking of doing my pickup in matt black, but i was going to get as much stainless metal work as possible (wing mirrors, bumpers, etc), so i can rough them till they look satin, i spent several months a few years back working in a whare house and they used to do stainless radiators and some of them were satin, they were done in a workshop on machines, but we had fixtures that we had to do ourselves with brillo pads. No chome for me! satin and smooth all the way.....

Yeti

#36 Feeble

Feeble

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:51 PM

Having a matt black car will double as a chalk board! :-

#37 Yeti

Yeti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Local Club: I don't play well with others

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:06 PM

double as a chalk board....... hmmmmm could have a point there...... i could re colour my car every week! Im not very good at staying in between the lines though..... and on a diffrent note crayons rule!

Yeti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users