:wub:

#557 Will16

Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:58 PM

mate, this is pure heaven, looks pukka! Love all the little bits and trinkets, awesome work  :thumbsup: 

Nice one on Players too, I may well see you at LeMans in mine  :whistling:

#558 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:04 PM

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!!! Really appreciate it!  :proud:

Looks awesome! I hope mine gets to this point someday! Live all the little touches you did! Might steal some ideas! lol.

By all means go ahead mate! haha.

love the dashpot covers mate, never noticed them before

Thanks mate! They're a new addition. Had the stickers custom made by sticky fingers and just got round to putting them on 

Looks perfect, even without the spacers.

Stance is spot on (cue the arguments)

oooooh that's dangerous territory on this forum!  :lol:  I doubt any purists would have made it this far into my thread anyway, they would have burst into flames on the first page haha.

mate, this is pure heaven, looks pukka! Love all the little bits and trinkets, awesome work  :thumbsup:

Nice one on Players too, I may well see you at LeMans in mine  :whistling:

Cheers buddy! You going this year? 

#559 RaulSims

RaulSims

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:57 PM

Amazing, nothing else to say. Just one question, how to achieve that fabulous stance? Or how can you ride like that? =P

P.S. the first question was serious, i would really like to know :)

#560 alittleawkward

alittleawkward

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

unhealthily fresh. This is goals.

#561 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:50 PM

Amazing, nothing else to say. Just one question, how to achieve that fabulous stance? Or how can you ride like that? =P

haha thanks man, I guess the trick is just wide arches, fat wheels, and lowered as much as you dare  :lol: I do have tubbed rear arches and heavily trimmed front arches so that helps. Believe it or not I actually get no rubbing at all, even on full lock!  ;D  

#562 RaulSims

RaulSims

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

haha thanks man, I guess the trick is just wide arches, fat wheels, and lowered as much as you dare  :lol: I do have tubbed rear arches and heavily trimmed front arches so that helps. Believe it or not I actually get no rubbing at all, even on full lock!  ;D  

That is really amazing.. You must have done quite a bit of cutting and welding for sure..

I'm really trying to get something like yours, but no quite there.. What is your suspension set up?

Here is a pic of mine, and a little video done with a friend..

#563 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

That is really amazing.. You must have done quite a bit of cutting and welding for sure..

I'm really trying to get something like yours, but no quite there.. What is your suspension set up?

Thanks mate! Yeah there was a fair bit of cutting and welding haha, My suspension if fairly basic, just Hi-Los all round, wound down nice and low, with adjustable spax shocks. The main thing is that I've actually raised my subframe slightly by solid mounting it straight to the crossmember, so that makes a difference! I've also chopped my bumpstops in half.

Your car is stunning man! Loving the banded steelies!!  

#564 RaulSims

RaulSims

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 03:47 PM

Thanks mate! Yeah there was a fair bit of cutting and welding haha, My suspension if fairly basic, just Hi-Los all round, wound down nice and low, with adjustable spax shocks. The main thing is that I've actually raised my subframe slightly by solid mounting it straight to the crossmember, so that makes a difference! I've also chopped my bumpstops in half.

Your car is stunning man! Loving the banded steelies!!  

Thanks! I love yours as well, mostly the way it sits.. It has a mean look. I've a similar set up, with hi lows and adjustable gaz all round. but this is as low as i can get without the wheels rubbing on the body of the car. I've to say that i didn't cut anything in the back, just on the front to able to turn the steering wheel all the way both ways. Congratulations on your mini, it is different like it should.. like all minis should.

#565 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:12 AM

Bit of a dreary update here... I've been planning on writing a sizable update on a lot of things I've done recently, but today has put me in a bad mood so you'll have to wait I'm afraid!  :whistling:

Decided to have another fettle with the engine as it STILL won't run smoothly, and to my horror, I've started hearing a very distinctive knocking noise coming from the bottom end occasionally on idle... I'm hoping it's just me being paranoid, but I fear that my ebay special engine is about to backfire on me... (no pun intended... well maybe slightly).

Anyway, I'm lacking a lot of love for this car at the moment, and I'm sick of faffing about with trying to get it running when I've exhausted all my knowledge, so enough is enough and it will be getting booked in at Revivals59 in Thriplow, where hopefully they can finally diagnose the problem and then fix it. It's getting to the point where I'll throw money at just about any solution! If my fears are correct then this may turn into an engine rebuild which will be a right pain in the neck, and not quite what I was planning on!  

That's enough moaning for one night!  :bah:

#566 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

Good luck Chris and chin up. :-)

#567 mini-fvr

mini-fvr

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Local Club: Long Island Mini Enthusiasts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

so sorry hear your having trouble. really puts damper on the vibes..  ever think about going honda?

#568 Jared Mk3

Jared Mk3

Has a small thing but it does make a difference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
  • Local Club: MOCKZN

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

Sorry about that . . . Don't let frustration get in the way of what you have accomplished so far with the car  =]

#569 RT2002MCS

RT2002MCS

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

Throughly enjoyed reading the whole project tonight, great dedication and commitment and a very unique and personalised mini.

#570 Will16

Will16

Wants a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

Ah man, that sucks about the bad vibes, but you've done so much cool and trick bits on this don't loose complete faith! I feel you on loosing love, exactly how I've felt with mine past couple months, just think about when it's done and how sick it'll be ;-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users