#1066 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

When i first started seeing my current girlfriend, i stayed over one night. we went out in the rain and got soaked. when we got in, i had to wear a pair of her pyjama shorts and a t-shirt.

Lets just say, ladies pyjama shorts are not designed for men.. [clears throat]

She found it very amusing

I wore tights once as part of a costume for a wedding (yep themed wedding). There is no space in them for your manhood. Someone afterwards told me that you could buy male tights which would solve the problem. I wish I had been told this beforehand.

#1067 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

When i first started seeing my current girlfriend, i stayed over one night. we went out in the rain and got soaked. when we got in, i had to wear a pair of her pyjama shorts and a t-shirt.

Lets just say, ladies pyjama shorts are not designed for men.. [clears throat]

She found it very amusing

I wore tights once as part of a costume for a wedding (yep themed wedding). There is no space in them for your manhood. Someone afterwards told me that you could buy male tights which would solve the problem. I wish I had been told this beforehand.

Never worn tights, but leggings are surprisingly comfortable and warm under a pair of jeans, suggested by an ex once to stop me from freezing to death while working on the car.

But then following on from that. How does wearing an item of clothing suddenly make you 'gay' and why do larger females seam to insist on wearing bikinis that barely cover anything :X

#1068 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

But then following on from that. How does wearing an item of clothing suddenly make you 'gay' and why do larger females seam to insist on wearing bikinis that barely cover anything :X

I have no interest in what people think about the way i dress (not that i dress weird or anthing...) I was off out one morning up the town and it was freezing cold. Couldn't find my beanie hat so i work my girlfriends which was florescent pink. Got some looks but don't care.

while on that subject of not caring what others think, i was driving up to see Carlos_W  2 days ago and was driving through his village singing along at the top of my voice to Neil Diamond, 'Beautiful noise' with the windows rolled down. I was getting funny looks and although up until that point i wasn't aware that i was singing out loud to a naff song in front of people, i didn't care. Why should i? It's funny to me.

#1069 Miniminx71

Miniminx71

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

I have no interest in what people think about the way i dress (not that i dress weird or anthing...) I was off out one morning up the town and it was freezing cold. Couldn't find my beanie hat so i work my girlfriends which was florescent pink. Got some looks but don't care.

while on that subject of not caring what others think, i was driving up to see Carlos_W  2 days ago and was driving through his village singing along at the top of my voice to Neil Diamond, 'Beautiful noise' with the windows rolled down. I was getting funny looks and although up until that point i wasn't aware that i was singing out loud to a naff song in front of people, i didn't care. Why should i? It's funny to me.

He he. I was doing that with Fleetwood Mac's "Monday Morning" today. Such a happy song but so 70's cheese.

#1070 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

Years ago, when the school of rock film came out, i bought the soundtrack album.

One of the songs on the album from the film is when jack black does a vocal solo ('it's time for my solo') if you know it.

I was driving up the motorway with a car full mimicking him along to it at the top of my voice. my girlfriend at the time was cringing but her mates loved it!

#1071 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

Why do Irish people end sentences with things like 'so i do' or 'so you are' or 'so it is'

Ben

#1072 sledgehammer

sledgehammer

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

Why do Irish people end sentences with things like 'so i do' or 'so you are' or 'so it is'

Ben

T' be sure , T' be sure

#1073 Miniminx71

Miniminx71

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

An old Irish neighbour of mine used to refer to himself as "himself". He'd phone up and say "it's himself here". And sign Christmas cards from "Himself and Rocky" (the dog). Used to make me laugh.

#1074 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

An old Irish neighbour of mine used to refer to himself as "himself". He'd phone up and say "it's himself here". And sign Christmas cards from "Himself and Rocky" (the dog). Used to make me laugh.

That made me chuckle.

I knew someone that used to answer the phone and when asked if that was Mr..... on the phone, he would reply 'this is he'

#1075 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

Why do people have 'telephone voices'?

#1076 Miniminx71

Miniminx71

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

The other one that baffles me is people from Bristol when they say things like "where's my keys to?" when they can't find them. Or "where's my jacket to?". Not having a pop at anyone from Bristol but I just think it sounds odd.

#1077 dprac1ng

dprac1ng

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

The other one that baffles me is people from Bristol when they say things like "where's my keys to?" when they can't find them. Or "where's my jacket to?". Not having a pop at anyone from Bristol but I just think it sounds odd.

They just forgot the word 'got...' XD It's logical though. It saves breath.

#1078 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

Ben

its just what we do....so we do!

il stop now, so i will!

#1079 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

Ben

its just what we do....so we do!

il stop now, so i will!

We spent some time visiting my other half's nan in a nursing home and there was an Irish nurse there who kept referring to my girlfriend and her mum as 'lads' in conversation for instance 'what we will do Lads, is just turn her onto her other side, that sound ok lads?'

Is this common with Irish people?

My Girlfriend was insulted until i explained that it was probably an Irish thing

By the way, i am not taking the pee, i think Irish accent is beautiful.

ben

#1080 M J W J

M J W J

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

This was my status yesterday but why do people advertise stuff they don't have in stock.

I have rang about 6 different companies trying to get hold of a set of koni front shocks for my vectra. No-one has them in stock yet all of their websites say they will deliver in 2-3 days.

After a few more phone calls I eventually ordered some bilstein B6's but not everyone had them in stock despite their websites saying they did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users