8 replies to this topic

#1 simini

simini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:00 AM

I have just had my golf back from the body shop and am not a happy chicken. :errr:
It went in with a small rust spot on the passenger sill and has come back with a bad colour match, overspray under the car and on the front mud flap. He has said he’ll fix this at his own cost (he’s not wrong)
I was planning to take my mini there for a complete respray, not anymore!!
This is the bit that really upsets me, he masked off the door and when he removed the tape he has pulled paint off the door. According to him it was due to rust, however being a mini owner I know what rust looks like and believe me there is non on the door. He is refusing to fix this at his own cost and wants further payment to rectify this!!!! I can’t believe it.
Can I name this Body shop or is that slander????
Any advice on what I should do?

#2 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:07 AM

sounds like you're still in discussion. In which case keep names to yourself right now. There's nothing more annoying (apart from insurance threads) where a thread turns into a slanging match because people don't quite see eye to eye. There is also a "garages good, bad and ugly" thread in the FAQ section that is the place to go when leaving a vendor review.

All you can do is get him to show you the rust on the door. If he's still adamant it's there, then what can you do? Just go blue in the face arguing really. I'd just get him to sort what he agreed, and walk away to halfords for a touch up pen to get rid of the marks until the full respray is organised elsewhere.

#3 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:24 AM

If your really unhappy speak to Trading Standards. I did this on behalf of MiniPixie when a garage screwed up her respray. They were very helpful, and personally I think the moment they received a letter from Trading Standards they'll do anything to get you off their back! However before they do anything you must give the garage a chance to put right what they did wrong, ie, leave contacting TS until all communication has broke down.

#4 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:50 AM

Jammy, your my hero! :errr:*

Good advice there me thinks.

#5 simini

simini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:03 AM

Cheers Guys, really appreciate all your advice. I'll keep you informed on progress.

#6 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:54 PM

Trading standards....... always there in your hour of need. Or many if its a duffed up paintjob!

#7 simini

simini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:47 AM

A quick update. Went to see him on sat, tried to sort it out in an adult manner. He couldn't of cared less.
I mentioned that I'd spoken to Trading Standards........"My sister will sort them out" was his reply.
"what is she" i asked "a high court judge". She works for the Federation of small Buisnesses was his reply.
To top it all off my mini project is on hold until i sell the Golf and have some cash, and i can't sell the Golf until it no longer looks like a drunk 12 year old has painted it.
Trading Standards have been really helpful, they are my new best friends.
I got to send him a letter and wait 10 days and then start court procedings.
I really hope he doesn't get away with it.

#8 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:18 AM

Glad your going about this in a sensible and proactive way! :ph34r:

#9 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members