#1 Gazzadangerjacko

Gazzadangerjacko

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Hi guys hoping you can clear up some confusion here

I'm getting my mini back on the road after a few years being laid up, the mechanical fuel pump is leaking so am going to install facet solid state pump I already have for it, I understand it needs to be wired via the oil pressure switch through a relay, but isn't the standard oil pressure switch normally closed so once oil pressure has been reached the switch opens and breaks the circuit causing the oil pressure light to go out!

And is the pressure switch in effect on the negative side of the bulb so it wouldn't be a live feed instead negative earth switched by the pressure switch!

How can the circuit breaking be used to switch the relay to supply the pump and then when oil oil pressure drops and the circuit makes which cuts the power to the pump?!

Am I overlooking something obvious,ive seen a few wiring diagrams online but all have 3 terminal pressure switches?

#2 KernowCooper

KernowCooper

Sparkie

• Mini Docs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Local Club: Kernow Mini Club

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

All answered here a few mins ago http://www.theminifo...tric-fuel-pump/

#3 Gazzadangerjacko

Gazzadangerjacko

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Hi yeah these were the threads and wiring diagrams I had previously looked at.

So basically from what I can make out you can't use the standard oil pressure switch a tee piece and an additional 3 terminal oil pressure switch is required

Or the simpler route is to forget using the oil pressure switch all together and use an inertia switch?

Am I right? How were people wiring electric fuel pumps before inertia switches just with the additional oil pressure switch set up?!

Thanks guys

#4 The Principal

The Principal

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

You can use the exisiting oil pressure switch with a changeover relay, if you want to keep the oil pressure warning light use a double pole relay

relay1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users