Photo

Which Is Better - Lynx Ae Or Promotive Kit?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Matt1293

Matt1293

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

anyone have ideas if you can run a proper plate diff instead of the ATB Quaife unit?

#17 Custom_Minis

Custom_Minis

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

Have you not considered the Knight Motorsport R1 kit ? option to have a plated Gripper Diff

Tubular subframe as well.

search google and then eBay for R1 Mini kit

#18 Matt1293

Matt1293

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:33 PM

I have seen that kit, seems like a very good price and quality however it says it's only made for a clubman front. I want a total sleeper look with this "wolf in sheets clothing!" ;)

#19 roadhouse

roadhouse

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

I think they both look like really nice kits but I like the Lynx kit better, mainly due to sump clearance standard LSD. Planning to buy a kit from them when the time comes  :proud:

#20 Helldriver

Helldriver

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:52 PM

I think they both look like really nice kits but I like the Lynx kit better, mainly due to sump clearance standard LSD. Planning to buy a kit from them when the time comes  :proud:

fully agree on that, just ordered my cradle. 

#21 Helldriver

Helldriver

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:05 PM

Personally I prefer the promotive setup. The one issue is the ground clearance.
As for the argument of swapping engines back and forth I don't see any advantage with the lynx kit. If I was running an A series and an r1 for competition I would have 2 subframes built up and swap them with the engines, suspension brakes etc left on.
LSD as standard is a plus point for the lynx kit especially given the price of quaife diff!
As for the ecu or power commander both items are separate to the kit so either could be used with both conversions.

I think a lot of this will just be down to preference and mine may change by the time I get together the money to buy one!

if you swap the subframes you have to align the frame and the whole suspension every time new. Additional I don't need suspension/brakes etc. twice.

With Lynx I just take the cradle with r1 engine out, unplug the cables (cable looms and polestar ecu stays in as it is used with R1 and A-series) and exhaust at header. Then A Series in, plug the cables in and attach exhaust. Then via PC the A-Series soft on the polestar ecu and ready to take off.

John from Lynx created it especially like this as he is trying to get the r1 in the miglia race series and everything besides A-Series engine is the same on the r1 Miglia. If not then they will swap like I must if I want to race at BCT.

Edited by Helldriver, 21 November 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#22 roadhouse

roadhouse

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:34 PM

So you ordered just the cradle? I guess you can order individual pieces apart from the kit?

Edited by roadhouse, 21 November 2014 - 07:35 PM.

#23 Helldriver

Helldriver

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

So you ordered just the cradle? I guess you can order individual pieces apart from the kit?

yes you can order individual pieces. 

So I want to just swap in the engine with the cradle and check spaces/locations for some planed modification and get engine running. Project starts earlier then I planned due to I have some time off till end of january but buying some apartments at the moment. So need to stretch investments a bit on the timescale.

#24 roadhouse

roadhouse

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

Good to know. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users