199 replies to this topic

#181 Nino

Nino

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

Got it out in the sun one day. i start to love this colour more and more. :)

IMG_2833_zpsyawno6mg.jpg

IMG_2835_zpsj40ulyzc.jpg

i bleed the brakes aswell, to my kinda not surprising discovery, the the stainless still pipes just didnt want to stop leaking. so the only thing i could think of was copper washers. they did the job nicely !

IMG_2841_zpsjixrjmzk.jpg

IMG_2842_zpshyn5grrv.jpg

IMG_2845_zpsnpy1alxt.jpg

IMG_2849_zpsgffh8ahg.jpg

Assembled my shifter.

i only bought the chaep mini spares quick shifter, bacause you cant fit the original knob to the KAD shifter. hope this wil do it, if not them im getting one from KAD

IMG_3183_zps9q6g9en0.jpg

IMG_3175_zps55gsea8r.jpg

IMG_3184_zpsanoiq52y.jpg 

im starting to run out of space at home. :D

IMG_3132_zpskszvnin6.jpg

Put the sender in the tank.

IMG_3186_zpspj8mu4vt.jpg

IMG_3188_zpsjwhvaxfl.jpg

#182 Nino

Nino

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:11 PM

Im trying to figure out a way to mount my mirror. cant seem to make up my mind. i would perfere not to use a bracket, if possible.

IMG_2769_zpsf2kt3ejw.jpg

IMG_2770_zpsignmdxjb.jpg

IMG_2771_zpshqrax2vi.jpg

IMG_2776_zpsc792lvhd.jpg

in goes the tank. - had a little help from the Doggo. lol

IMG_3201_zpsyniwhwsi.jpg

IMG_3202_zpsdyo7oumc.jpg

IMG_3204_zps0ldpcnyp.jpg

IMG_3176_zpsabj3dxfh.jpg

IMG_3178_zpsw2lrdwzq.jpg

IMG_3179_zps8lk4w5sr.jpg

I still have a few photos left, but im done for today :) - i will post them next week.

cheers.

#183 NZMini1275

NZMini1275

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

It's looking great
I really like the look of that wrinkle paint

#184 Sleeping Park Lane

Sleeping Park Lane

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:01 PM

Looks great outside in the sunshine.

Your dog doesn't look too impressed with you though :)

#185 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:49 AM

http://www.aronline....-world-denmark/

Nino is this a UK built Dansk Oversøisk Motor Industri A/S import? ....if so wouldn't it have had that Mascot boot badge fitted.

The door cards that came with the car are the same as in my '75 (they were changed to a different design later in 1975) but the seats seem to be a slightly different design.

http://www.minipassi... range 1974.pdf

Came across a link (which i can't find now!!!) showing Danish Minis having the indicator bulb in the front headlight (& the UK indicator with clear glass acting as the side light) - very odd.

Why do French Bulldogs always seem have that haughty expression ....i've discovered the Danish nickname for the Mini used to be  'The Dog House' -Bad Nino!

Edited by Itsaminithing, 28 June 2017 - 11:49 AM.

#186 Nino

Nino

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

Looks great outside in the sunshine.

Your dog doesn't look too impressed with you though :)

hahaha shes just as impressed as her owner, the missus, about the amount of time i spend on this car lol

#187 Nino

Nino

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

http://www.aronline....-world-denmark/

Nino is this a UK built Dansk Oversøisk Motor Industri A/S import? ....if so wouldn't it have had that Mascot boot badge fitted.

The door cards that came with the car are the same as in my '75 (they were changed to a different design later in 1975) but the seats seem to be a slightly different design.

http://www.minipassi... range 1974.pdf

Came across a link (which i can't find now!!!) showing Danish Minis having the indicator bulb in the front headlight (& the UK indicator with clear glass acting as the side light) - very odd.

Why do French Bulldogs always seem have that haughty expression ....i've discovered the Danish nickname for the Mini used to be  'The Dog House' -Bad Nino!

hi itsaminithing

Yes that is correct. Danish minis originally had a mascot bagde on the boot lid. i can stand them and i dont like to see them on minis.

just a stupid Danish showroom idea. - yes i hate it so much that i blew mine to smithereens. haha

regarding the front indicator, im not sure. some of the early cars could legally have clear front indicators without orange bulbs,but i cant remember when it changed and what happend instead.

they were also called the dog house in sweden, because they was so small. crazy nickname if im honest haha.

Shes not as bad you think. when im working on the mini, shes always there, not more then 2 meters away. she does have a real company personality. :D

#188 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:06 PM

I used to have a cat that was exactly the same, always wanted to be near me. Lost count of the number of times i locked her in the car as she would fall asleep on the parcel shelf waiting for me to finish working on it.

By the way love your cats -especially the one reading the Paddy Hopkirk Accessory catalogue.

Any updates???

By The Way -please don't use those mirrors :ohno:, they might be correct for mid-70's but in my mind they just don't suite the style of a MK3. I'm going to be using Tex M50311 mirrors fitted on the doors with modified (non-Mini) arms.

#189 Nino

Nino

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

I used to have a cat that was exactly the same, always wanted to be near me. Lost count of the number of times i locked her in the car as she would fall asleep on the parcel shelf waiting for me to finish working on it.

By the way love your cats -especially the one reading the Paddy Hopkirk Accessory catalogue.

Any updates???

By The Way -please don't use those mirrors :ohno:, they might be correct for mid-70's but in my mind they just don't suite the style of a MK3. I'm going to be using Tex M50311 mirrors fitted on the doors with modified (non-Mini) arms.

haha, poor cat. - they are just the best. :)

thanks.

Well yea i was gonna do an update, buut i cant see any of the photos anymore. ?

#190 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:13 PM

Any updates???

thanks.

It's strange, there's a few threads on here where I can see the pictures on my S7 Edge but not on my Windows 10 desktop; yours is one of them.

#191 Nino

Nino

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

Any updates???

thanks.

It's strange, there's a few threads on here where I can see the pictures on my S7 Edge but not on my Windows 10 desktop; yours is one of them.

hmm thats most of all annoying but odd.

I just checked my iphone aswell. - aaand it shows the photos aswell. ?

is it some kind of windows update thats needed maybe ?

#192 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

Any updates???

thanks.

hmm thats most of all annoying but odd.
I just checked my iphone aswell. - aaand it shows the photos aswell. ?

is it some kind of windows update thats needed maybe ?
That's what I thought but I have the latest update.

#193 Nino

Nino

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

soooo, have this Photobucket issue been solved yet ?

#194 Northernpower

Northernpower

Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

Not really, its just a temporary fix. A lot of the members including myself now use imgur.com Its much quicker and easier to use.

#195 Nino

Nino

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

Not really, its just a temporary fix. A lot of the members including myself now use imgur.com Its much quicker and easier to use.

Thank you!

i will have a look at it, so i can finish this thread. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users