Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

yes but it is still a mini forum and everything minis, yes there are no pictures of the bmw mini so it should say classic minis. and its not from one person saying to try elsewhere this happens virtually once a week, if it happened once or twice it could be forgiven but obviously something needs to be done and its been debated before so there is an obvious issue here which needs to be resolved

So we all have to change because some people are too lazy to check out a forum before going HELP me! If you spend even two minutes looking at the forum it is very obvious that this isn't a Forum for New MINIs, if they were the 'enthusiasts' that they are claimed to be surely they would be involved in other sections and not just go 'BMW want to charge me £xxxx and I don't want to pay'? What would happen is that these people would get the answer they want (or not) then never come back again and put nothing into the forum or the classic mini world. If they are enthusiasts of both then they will join more than one forum, like the rest of us with DIFFERENT cars do. It's not rocket science.

EDIT: Just read the how many drive both thread. In two days there are 10 members that drive both so far. So we are talking absolutely tiny numbers compared to the overall number of members.

#32 andy159

andy159

Speedy fingers.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

i would say yes it obvious we are a forum for classic minis, and i dont think that they are enthusiasts but they have the potential to be and if there was a MINI section it would stop all this hassle time and time again. and they are lots of classic mini owners who do exactly the same as above

#33 creakyjaws5533

creakyjaws5533

My jaw needs oiling. Where's the WD40??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

They have the potential to be MINI enthusiasts not mini enthusiasts the MINIs don't have the same character as the mini people don't stop and wave and MINI drivers but will with the classic this is what make it different and a unique car on the road everybody has a classic mini story and the amount of people I work with who i have conversations with about their old minis is amazing the MINI wont have this as it is a new car and should be involved with the history of the proper mini it has a name that is the same very little is similar

Edited by creakyjaws5533, 31 October 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#34 Shep76S

Shep76S

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Local Club: L&SMOC

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

We have run a Bini for 11 years, I would rather TMF stays classic only and politely redirects to MINI2.com

#35 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

We have run a Bini for 11 years, I would rather TMF stays classic only and politely redirects to MINI2.com

This is exactly what we do, it happens every few days. It just seems that some people have taken it on themselves to have a go today. The world is a strange place.

#36 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,777 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

the MINI wont have this as it is a new car

Some of are old enough to remember when the classic Mini was a new car and nobody waved because there were so many others on the road! :lol:

#37 creakyjaws5533

creakyjaws5533

My jaw needs oiling. Where's the WD40??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

the MINI wont have this as it is a new car

Some of are old enough to remember when the classic Mini was a new car and nobody waved because there were so many others on the road! :lol:

That's what I'm saying the classic mini has character now whereas the MINI is being used by most a sensible car whilst the mini is a bit of fun and a project for the weekends which makes it more unique

#38 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm not sure who has been asking for a MINI section recently, so I'm a bit puzzled as to why people are upset about something that wasn't requested. I also do hope that I have not been interpreted as a troublemaker, although I think I might have been and I am sorry that I have annoyed Clive which was not my intent.

Mab01uk is absolutely right about saying the policy which was stated on several occasions was to allow TMF members with MINI knowledge to be allowed a little time to answer the OP's query before redirecting to other MINI forums. We are not inundated with MINI questions, so where is the harm in that?

I do not feel that it is too much to ask, as per that policy (personally, I don't remember it changing or being told it had changed) to allow TMF members to answer the odd MINI question.

#39 HarrysMini

HarrysMini

I do not have short legs!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

I'm not sure who has been asking for a MINI section recently, so I'm a bit puzzled as to why people are upset about something that wasn't requested. I also do hope that I have not been interpreted as a troublemaker, although I think I might have been and I am sorry that I have annoyed Clive which was not my intent.

Mab01uk is absolutely right about saying the policy which was stated on several occasions was to allow TMF members with MINI knowledge to be allowed a little time to answer the OP's query before redirecting to other MINI forums. We are not inundated with MINI questions, so where is the harm in that?

I do not feel that it is too much to ask, as per that policy (personally, I don't remember it changing or being told it had changed) to allow TMF members to answer the odd MINI question.

Well said, agreed.

#40 andy159

andy159

Speedy fingers.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

i believe i may have been the last person to ask for a MINI section as it helps sort out the MINI posts which would allow TMF users with MINI  knowledge time to answer the queries before other people, does that seem reasonable and sensible?

#41 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

i believe i may have been the last person to ask for a MINI section as it helps sort out the MINI posts which would allow TMF users with MINI  knowledge time to answer the queries before other people, does that seem reasonable and sensible?

This is like Groundhog Day, as mentioned above see here: http://www.theminifo...-section/page-2

#42 andy159

andy159

Speedy fingers.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

oh i do like that analogy i do think the film needs to be re-watched

i e the problem is still happening and we are still going back to the start and so another way to resolve it is needed.

#43 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Or there is no problem and anyone posting gets politely referred to somewhere more suited to helping. The Groundhog Day is the same minority hoping that shouting loudly and often enough will change the minds of the majority.

#44 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

And for anyone who hasn't seen the thread, in the words of Sonikk:

The consensus is still no and will continue to be so this thread has now run its course. Closed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users