Photo

Look what this moron has done to his car.

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46 1976 clubamn

1976 clubamn

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Local Club: None yet

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:05 PM

another reason why we love minis so much. goes to show you don't need to spend £1000s to wup some ass.

good going mate, give em hell :D

#47 P91MER

P91MER

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:03 AM

Just for the record, i had a bird in a 16V clio intimidate me in brum on saturday, so we had a little race and it was dead level in 1st gear, then i changed to second and it just lurched forward and overtook her!!! nice.

Then after her, i had a lad in a goldey corsa kepted on reving his car up next to me, so i whipped him aswel!!! this both happened at traffic lights, and i went on green, and they both went on amber!! cheeky fast cats.

Rich

#48 D4N

D4N

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 02:16 PM

Nice. its a 106 and is a little OTT :D

#49 Spoonz

Spoonz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:21 PM

that has been paintshopped to do that, and its not a very good one, zoom in , the edges dont connect evenly.

i would just laugh if i saw someone with that on anyway, lol

Spoonz :D

#50 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:42 AM

No it is real. I took the pic myself on my camera phone.

#51 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 04:57 PM

i saw it the other day with my own eyes so its deffinately real.

#52 hatchet

hatchet

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:26 PM

Those 106 GTi's (if it is a GTi) are actually very quick :grin:

I recon its a 106 SaD GiT

#53 Race Dave

Race Dave

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 05:24 PM

Guys Guys Guys has anyone actually Driven NOT JUST RACED a saxo vtS or 106 gti...... we have a vts as a daily driver it will pull more in 4th than the mini will do flat out yes the minis a fair bit quicker than it on acceleration. but i have to say the saxo is a reliable french poo box but a quick one. we also have another french pile of poo in the shape of a volvo turbo powered clio mk1 on 18's again the mini is quicker off the mark but the clio will do even more than the paxo. oh yeh the saxo handles better than the mini too. and before you all start shouting don't forget my mini has a power to weight ratio of nearly 170 bhp at the wheels per tonne has a lsd so gets the power down effectively but still feels unsafe at 115 !!!! the saxo will pull 120 in 4th Yes french poo boxes i'll agree 'specially ones modified by spotty teenagers but fast reliable fun straight out the box.

#54 Sam

Sam

Wish i was in T.O.W.I.E

• Members
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:32 PM

Christ, this is sounding like some of them threads on scooby net.

We often get berks signing up just to say "I beat a scooby in my Clio"..

Who cares ffs?

#55 hammoj28

hammoj28

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Local Club: Scottish Minis

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:47 PM

No way will a shitroen out handle a mini. Those saxos feel really unsafe in corners and I have seen them loose it a lot when pushed. Minis feel better and corner better than a shitroen!!! No offence by the way if you own a saxo, I just dislike them.

#56 tom

tom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:19 PM

Yea, If your Saxo with 18s handles better than your Mini, then I think there may be something wrong with it.

#57 Race Dave

Race Dave

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:07 PM

read it again the clio has 18s. the saxo is standard and yes i hope it doesn't turn into a usual scooby / ford style slagging off it was just a real life question from someone who actually owns both a saxo and mini. and yes the saxo does handle better belive it or not. also the mini is a fully prep'd tarmac rally car and it will not out handle the saxo FACT .

#58 mikesitalianjob

mikesitalianjob

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:12 PM

i beat my brother in law around a round about and off the round about down a dual carage way, he was driving a modified nissan 200sx S14. all until he changed gear and dissappeared into the distance wheels spinning and smoke from the tyres. mind you standard he could do about 100 in 3rd if not more. and my mini only does 105mph tops.

#59 hammoj28

hammoj28

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Local Club: Scottish Minis

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:56 PM

I still can't believe a saxo can outhandle a mini. Impossible I tell you!!! :cheese:

#60 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:27 PM

Big wheels on front wheel drive cars simply makes the car understeer, so you feel like you are drifting it. This makes you think it has better handling when really it doesn't. Take it to a track day you'll soon find out.

I'm not just saying that because I only have eyes for minis. Here is my clio on 17's with good dampers and lowered 40 on spax progressively wound springs.

Doesn't compare to a lowered mini on coil-overs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users