326 replies to this topic

#16 Archived2

Archived2

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

If there are any ideas for helping this guy please count me in!

#17 kezzkitkat

kezzkitkat

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Thats bad luck especially at this time of the year sorry to hear that hope you get back on your feet soon
And count me to help as well

Edited by kezzkitkat, 25 December 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#18 miniman267

miniman267

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Local Club: mendip minis

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:31 AM

I'll try help so sorry to hear this I hope you get back in your feet and every mini is salvageable

#19 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 minis

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Count me in for help any ideas?

#20 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • Local Club: Club Lotus

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

I suppose the Mini is the least of his worries if he has lost his house? If I can help in a small way count me in.

Jason

#21 666junky

666junky

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

im happy to help too, home related or mini.. anything to help out a friend!

#22 mininuts

mininuts

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Clan

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Gutted for you too mate.

Great ideas to help you out, I would be more than happy to help one way or another.
Perhaps the TMF mods could organise something 'official'.

Edited by mininuts, 25 December 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#23 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hi Guys.

Im genuinely touched reading your replies and have tears in my eyes.

We have only just moved here and have not yet sorted out insurance however the landlord has buildings insurance.

We are staying with my partners family until a cleaning crew and workmen come in to clean up the mess.

Everything is covered in brown sludge and we have had to just throw all of our possessions in a skip. its heartbreaking.

I have had a look at the mini but where i have left bits i was working on bare metal from the other day as i ran out of primer, it has rusted immediately and the floors are full of thick sludge.

I will get it out when i can but my daily has floated across the driveway and into the garage door ad i can't mve it.

When i do get it out, i will try to steam clean the shell and dry it best i can and perhaps end up having it dipped or something.

I can't find some things yet but the Mig is done for, as are powr tools. Hand tools are ok but need cleaning. i will try to sort out the parts but i don't know what will go again and what will need replacing.

I will get photos up within the hour when i can get some taken.

Thank you again for your very kind words and offers and i'm sure i can get this sorted out in the end.

Merry Xmas

Ben

#24 creakyjaws5533

creakyjaws5533

My jaw needs oiling. Where's the WD40??

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Any parts I have that you need your more than welcome to have i hope you get everything sorted this is a horrible time of year for this to happen

#25 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all having a nice day  :-)

I have taken some photos but i have lost my phone and digital camera in the flood so i used my mother in law's cameraphone so the pics have come out grainy and dark. 

I managed to get some of the mini but its hard to with all of the things we have had to move into the garage.

DSC02233_zps074b8628.jpg

DSC02239_zps53a3a687.jpg

DSC02234_zpsd3a0b4cc.jpg

DSC02232_zps6bdf578d.jpg

This is what remains of the boxes of parts.

DSC02240_zps638ff0a2.jpg

This is my car. It was completely submerged until the fire brigade drained the property.

DSC02230_zpsf223eb52.jpg

DSC02231_zpsf1ff20ac.jpg

And some of the flat.

DSC02243_zps80787541.jpg

DSC02241_zps50124084.jpg

And the culprit for this disaster.......

DSC02245_zps7d031ab0.jpg

They closed the footpath because it was blocked but never came back to clear it. 

We will find who is to blame for this and they will be sorry.

Cheers

Ben

#26 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Your car looks very fixable mate, do not worry! Hope your Christmas is going as well as possible, all of our thoughts are with you at these times and I'll try and kick start something to help you get a little bit of money.

#27 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

I have created a fund via Paypal. Admin and Ben both have the login details. Take a few minutes out of your own Christmas day to share with somebody who really needs it this Christmas. 50p, £1 or £10... it all helps! and if you can't, please share the message via forums and Facebook.

[email protected] for all donations. Thank you!

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 25 December 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#28 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

I can't believe how nice everyone is.

Thank you for this, i really appreciate the thoughts of everyone especially as we have never even met!

Craig, thankyou for taking time on your christmas day to make these arrangements for me.

Words cannot describe how touched i am and i can't begin to think of the words to use to thank everyone involved.

I am sitting here blubbing like a baby while typing just thinking of the way people are willing to help a stranger especially at christmas.

We are slowly picking up the pieces and the highways agency has just arrived to clear the brook that runs alongside our property and the cause of the devastation.

I have to go for now as my laptop is about to die and i didn't manage to save the charger! Only just managed to grab the laptop as the desk capsized!!

Thanks to all and Merry Christmas.

Ben 

#29 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

I can't believe how nice everyone is.
Thank you for this, i really appreciate the thoughts of everyone especially as we have never even met!

Craig, thankyou for taking time on your christmas day to make these arrangements for me.
Words cannot describe how touched i am and i can't begin to think of the words to use to thank everyone involved.

I am sitting here blubbing like a baby while typing just thinking of the way people are willing to help a stranger especially at christmas.

We are slowly picking up the pieces and the highways agency has just arrived to clear the brook that runs alongside our property and the cause of the devastation.

I have to go for now as my laptop is about to die and i didn't manage to save the charger! Only just managed to grab the laptop as the desk capsized!!

Thanks to all and Merry Christmas.

Ben

You aren't a stranger, you are one of us. Just because you haven't physically met some of the people on here doesn't mean they don't know you at all. If we can't help someone at Christmas the it would be a sad world we live in. Merry Christmas!

#30 Bartje

Bartje

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Zuid Holland

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

Living in Holland I've seen the results of flooding and it's devastating to see what water can do to someone's life and posessions.

Did a donation, hope it helps a little bit to get everything sorted, despite this disaster I'd still like to wish you a merry Christmas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users