185 replies to this topic

#181 DenZal

DenZal

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:27 AM

read this whole lot an thats a wicked project ya done a great job :) i got a jet black too lol they rock :cheese: not been a update for a while is it all going smoooth?

#182 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 08:37 PM

Well time for an update been quite a while since ive told everybody whats going on. Basically i had to abandon it to sort my other mini for the ring and get some money together before i started uni on its just resting in the garage for now. The shell is 99% finished just need to do abit of fettling to get the tailgate to fit better and it just needs a little finishing all over before paint. The current plan is to finish the shell over my christmas break and rejoin the restoration class i was doing before so i can use the spray booth and oven there. So then i should have it all sprayed up and ready for mechanics by my summer break summer.
My jet blacks going to spend all winter in the sudent car park and its already taking its toll on the dodgy front end so i imagine its gona be hanging off by next summer, so im going to gut the jet black (as its got loads of really good bits) and put everything into the pickup. So thats, engine box and all ancilliarys, master cylinders and brakes, all the suspention but not the subframes, quickshift, cage, buckets and harnesses, lights and spots, everything that i can make perfect really.
Im going to add miglia archs over some 10x7" split rims (i'll be making those as part of my course) and new cromework and other shiny bit. Should be done by nurberg next year!...............then i can start on the jet black :thumbsup: its never ending.

#183 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:31 PM

hmmmm, well things didnt really go to plan over christmas. I ended up with a nice dose of shingles so didnt get anything done, but on a plus side i finished my first simester exams last tuesday and ive managed to get a few things done :rolleyes: now all thats left is to replace the struts above the rear wheel archs and its paint time! Unfortunatly i wont be able to do much till easter now but that give me time to save up for paint. Just need to pick the colour :lol:

Attached Files

#184 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:46 AM

Just need to pick the colour  :lol:

Oooo chris, what will it be? :rolleyes:

#185 clarks.2006

clarks.2006

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:17 AM

Green! lol

#186 Pickup76

Pickup76

Ring Runner 2005

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:48 PM

not sure about the colour really, im abit of a fan of black minis but ive seen an australian works mini sceme that i might go for as ive never seen it in this country... hmmm we'll see

Attached Files

Edited by Pickup76, 05 February 2006 - 01:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users