23 replies to this topic

#16 Retrominisprint

Retrominisprint

Previously known as madmodz

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

I will try and get some pictures up tomorrow, as I promised someone else last week! Just never got round to that one.

The engine is a tight fit, but it is not too bad. At the moment the car is not sitting as low as it should be, I need to modify the knuckle joints to get it to actually sit as it should! Still, some pictures should give you an idea.

Brill, appreciate it massively!! 

#17 TrialsLife

TrialsLife

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Local Club: BAD MC

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

So as you can see in the following pictures, I have been trying to tackle the wiring. All the redundant wires that are no longer needed have been removed, and I am halfway through moving most of the wiring from the engine bay to behind the dash.

The pictures make it look worse a job than it actually is as there is a lot of ecu harness wire still to cut down to final size.

madmodz - I took a few pictures of around the engine, and one of the clearance for the sump, although bear in mind the car still needs to be lowered another inch. I am running on 10's at the moment.

DSC_6749.jpg

DSC_6750.jpg

DSC_6748.jpg

54d69b1a-7f0f-4f8c-a559-14f5bc7d6560.jpg

59637e46-29d2-431e-af6f-3f091f46e2e1.jpg

97c378e1-0319-4e7c-beb3-ee438da48e06.jpg

DSC_6754.jpg

DSC_6753.jpg

DSC_6751.jpg

#18 Retrominisprint

Retrominisprint

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

Wow this has helped no end!! Really appreciate it!! Is your front end standard length? Sorry for all the Q's. just having issues with my bloody sprint with regards to what engine i want and can fit haha! Sure the minus has a similar body chop to mine!!

Looks a great base to start from though, as you have most of it all there!! Will be watching with envy :P

#19 TrialsLife

TrialsLife

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Yes, its a standard length front end, but as you can see by the pictures the radiator is actually bent to fit in.

The minus has a 3 inch body chop below the windows, so that means 3 inches less height in the engine bay. At the moment the timing belt itself touches on the bonnet which is something I will need to take care of at some point.

Yeah its nearly there, all that is left now is getting some driveshafts, plumbing the brakes in, fitting a roll cage and mapping the ecu. Can't wait!

#20 Retrominisprint

Retrominisprint

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

Yes, its a standard length front end, but as you can see by the pictures the radiator is actually bent to fit in.

The minus has a 3 inch body chop below the windows, so that means 3 inches less height in the engine bay. At the moment the timing belt itself touches on the bonnet which is something I will need to take care of at some point.

Yeah its nearly there, all that is left now is getting some driveshafts, plumbing the brakes in, fitting a roll cage and mapping the ecu. Can't wait!

It will be awesome!! Mine was thrown on ebay over the last few days as i was disheartened by finding out it looked a nightmare to get a standard engine to fit (didn't realise it was a common problem with these GRP cars)... Then i was thinking if im going to the effort of building a sub-frame to get an a-series to fit, i may as-well fit something more worthwhile..... about an hour or two after googling id stumbled on your thread!!! 

The only other problem i need to get around is what pedal box set up to go with!? My minis a non-servo set up anyway, and looking at your pictures it looks like a standard non-servo set up potentially could fit... Il be watching this thread with great interest!! Guessing you got a bargain on it, as i can see a hell of a lot of money in the car already going by the pictures!

#21 mm man

mm man

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Wow this has helped no end!! Really appreciate it!! Is your front end standard length? Sorry for all the Q's. just having issues with my bloody sprint with regards to what engine i want and can fit haha! Sure the minus has a similar body chop to mine!!

Looks a great base to start from though, as you have most of it all there!! Will be watching with envy :P

I am sure the sprint has a roof chop and the minus has a lower body chop so quite different

#22 Retrominisprint

Retrominisprint

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

I am sure the sprint has a roof chop and the minus has a lower body chop so quite different

I wish you was correct, but i have one sat in my garage at the moment along side a 'normal mini', the sprint has both a roof and body chop... Think their is around 3-4" cut out of the whole height (spread between the window and bodywork) There's some info on a metal copy here http://www.minisprin...76_MW_Nov12.pdf

Edited by madmodz, 18 April 2014 - 09:35 PM.

#23 TrialsLife

TrialsLife

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

Well, I have got the engine running. A fair leak on the exhaust manifold is playing hell with my AFR reading, so need to get that sorted.

Still cant drive the thing anywhere without driveshafts mind!

#24 Retrominisprint

Retrominisprint

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

Well, I have got the engine running. A fair leak on the exhaust manifold is playing hell with my AFR reading, so need to get that sorted.

Still cant drive the thing anywhere without driveshafts mind!

Sounds good!! Seen some shafts on ebay recently for a mini with a c16xe engine, can dig out the auction number for you as im sure they didnt sell?

Edited by Retrominisprint, 19 May 2014 - 09:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users