4 replies to this topic

#1 mrd

mrd

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:18 PM

my MOT is on friday :D so i have been going thoue what is needed for my mini to pass but then if found that my rear lights dont work :D i cheched the bulbs and they look fine and the front lights work. i'm at a loss what the proble is?

#2 dklawson

dklawson

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,923 posts
  • Name: Doug
  • Local Club: none

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:43 PM

Start with the simple things. Check that the bulbs are in fact "good". Do your brake lights work? If not, check that you have a good ground connection for the lamp housings. When you know you've got a good ground connection use a volt meter or test lamp to make sure that voltage is traveling to the back of the car. If you don't find voltage at the rear you must check the harness at the front of the car up to and including the switch to find out where the break or loss of voltage occurred. Once you know the bulbs work and the ground is good, there is no substitute for chasing the wires from the back to the front.

#3 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:14 PM

Which rear lights?

Siggy

#4 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:06 PM

have a look at the fuses, first simple task!
the earth is on the nut securing the lh boot hinge, have a quick look to see if the wires have snapped.
failing that and you have checked the bulbs, or using a volt meter see if you have power at the connectors, check the connectors in the engine bay, underneath the lh wiper box, they sometimes corrode so they may need a good clean to get a good connection.
hope this helps :wales:

#5 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:52 PM

if the indicators aint working wiggle the wires around the switch gear there might be a loose conection thts why my horn didnt work. or the relay for the indicators might have gone hope ive hellped

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users