68 replies to this topic

#16 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

2k I think is an insult..just my opinion..
Good luck with the sale..

yeah ano, probably thinks I'm daft! I've seen rusty mpis fetch 2!

Edited by The Matt, 09 February 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#17 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

It was meant tongue in cheek, but same again it's a buyers market at the moment, so if you need to sell quickly then you have to consider every offer you get however absurd... and I bet it's the only offer you've had so far.

i know for a fact if it was you selling it you wouldn't sell it for 2k so al just wait and maybe al get a better offer

#18 PeteClark

PeteClark

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Being a newbie, it's too much for me !
(The work not the price)

#19 mini-geek

mini-geek

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

I sold a earlier one than that that wasn't in as good condition for about £4500 a few years ago..

I'd say it's worth it.

You'd be best getting that welding done on the boot floor as it's just going to put people off..

#20 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Is the mileage listed or have I missed it?

#21 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

Is the mileage listed or have I missed it?

its around 70k mate

#22 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

I sold a earlier one than that that wasn't in as good condition for about £4500 a few years ago..
I'd say it's worth it.
You'd be best getting that welding done on the boot floor as it's just going to put people off..

i see what you mean but if it was to do the welding I'd be looking closer to 5k and I wouldn't be budging atall, it you have seen any of these with the rust atall they are over 6k I am selling this for 4.5k as it needs the work, I got quoted £200 to sort the boot floor and paint it

#23 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

Being a newbie, it's too much for me !
(The work not the price)

if you think a bit of welding in the boot floor is too much then good luck!

#24 mini-geek

mini-geek

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

I'd say it's worth it.

i see what you mean but if it was to do the welding I'd be looking closer to 5k and I wouldn't be budging atall, it you have seen any of these with the rust atall they are over 6k I am selling this for 4.5k as it needs the work, I got quoted £200 to sort the boot floor and paint it

I was suggesting that it was a fair price to ask...

#25 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

I sold a earlier one than that that wasn't in as good condition for about £4500 a few years ago..I'd say it's worth it.You'd be best getting that welding done on the boot floor as it's just going to put people off..

I sold a earlier one than that that wasn't in as good condition for about £4500 a few years ago..I'd say it's worth it.You'd be best getting that welding done on the boot floor as it's just going to put people off..

yes I know mate, I think it's a very fair price, just the welding part you said I'd be better doing, it would drive the cost of the car up, so for 4.5 it's fair, even for someone else to sort the rust or even do it themselves

#26 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Some honest feedback based on when I sold my MPI last year.

1st thing, the detailed pic's of the normal rust spots will help you no end, I wish all the minis advertised had them :)

The issues with yours is that its up on miles, has a short MOT, the lack of history with it and the rust in the boot floor.

Pic's of the boot floor detailing the rust would help, on mine I ened up having teh entire boot floor replaced to get teh job done properly (along with a new valance) which was about £1k's worth of work (and repairing this will prob be needed for the MOT).

How long have you had it for? The pic's of the front end do make it look in very good condition, and at 70k I woudl be amazed if teh orginal panels are in that good shape still. Also, what is the gearbox like, any 2nd gear chrunching/ jumping out of gear? What are the valve stem seals like? Pics of the interior as well will help

To get the sort of money your after, I think you really need to get the boot floor sorted properly and a fresh MOT on it and then its a waiting game (This time of year is cr@p for selling minis). I was in a hurry and ended up selling my restored Cooper Si sportpack for just over £4k to a dealer in London.

#27 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Some honest feedback based on when I sold my MPI last year. 1st thing, the detailed pic's of the normal rust spots will help you no end, I wish all the minis advertised had them :) The issues with yours is that its up on miles, has a short MOT, the lack of history with it and the rust in the boot floor. Pic's of the boot floor detailing the rust would help, on mine I ened up having teh entire boot floor replaced to get teh job done properly (along with a new valance) which was about £1k's worth of work (and repairing this will prob be needed for the MOT). How long have you had it for? The pic's of the front end do make it look in very good condition, and at 70k I woudl be amazed if teh orginal panels are in that good shape still. Also, what is the gearbox like, any 2nd gear chrunching/ jumping out of gear? What are the valve stem seals like? Pics of the interior as well will help To get the sort of money your after, I think you really need to get the boot floor sorted properly and a fresh MOT on it and then its a waiting game (This time of year is cr@p for selling minis). I was in a hurry and ended up selling my restored Cooper Si sportpack for just over £4k to a dealer in London.

this definitely doesn't need the whole boot floor replacing nor the valance, it is the sides which is a typical place, I can source a picture to whoever is looking to buy, I have had this car since may and shortly after I bought it, I had the gearbox rebuilt, I did have an invoice for it but seem to have miss placed it, I paid £960 towards the rebuild, it doesn't slip out of any gears no, and as for the valve stem seals? There is no smoking issue with this car, , I do apologise I thought I had uploaded pictures of interior, I will try get some tonight or tomorrow,

#28 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

image-3.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-5.jpg
image-6.jpg
image-7.jpg
image-8.jpg
image-9.jpg
image-10.jpg
image-11.jpg
image-12.jpg
image-13.jpg
image-14.jpg
image-15.jpg
As this picture is quite hard to make out, it's the boot floor hinge panel, you can see its dirty in there and I rubbed the dirt away with my finger revealing paint..... image-16.jpg
image-17.jpg
image-18.jpg
Feel free to ask questions or make offers, I will consider sorting the boot floor out if there is someone with the right amount of interest

#29 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

image-12.jpg

Well... that's an MOT fail waiting to happen... and if I were you, I'd pull the fuel tank out and see if it's done the same the other side.

#30 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

image-12.jpg

Well... that's an MOT fail waiting to happen... and if I were you, I'd pull the fuel tank out and see if it's done the same the other side.
thats true, but it's not hard to repair, and no your not getting it for 2k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users