68 replies to this topic

#31 craig 1010cc

craig 1010cc

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

The interior looks like its worn well, wouldn't have thought it was a 70k car looking at those seats.

The rust in the boot though, if I was going to fix it with the corner (and it looks like its in part of the seam too) the valance would be coming off as well. You could patch it, but if I opened the boot to see patches, i'd start to question to what standard it had been maintained (which is a shame as the rest of the shell looks to be really good)

#32 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

The interior looks like its worn well, wouldn't have thought it was a 70k car looking at those seats.

The rust in the boot though, if I was going to fix it with the corner (and it looks like its in part of the seam too) the valance would be coming off as well. You could patch it, but if I opened the boot to see patches, i'd start to question to what standard it had been maintained (which is a shame as the rest of the shell looks to be really good)

alright I see what you mean, yeah seats are fine, the picture makes the corner look really bad, where the back side of the light is, it's really not bad, I will give it a whip eat some point and take another photo, if you seen it in person you would see it's just the mounting bit that needs doing, and also if it was rust free it would be worth over 5.5 in my opinion, 4.5 is cheap for what this is, the lowest id go would 4 and that would be with the boot as it is, if someone bought this for 4 and sorted the rust they would own a really decent car

#33 baggy33minis

baggy33minis

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Local Club: none at the moment

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

ill go 2500

#34 garethleesmith

garethleesmith

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

I wouldn't give a penny over 3100 I've seen lots of these on Ebay and other car sites, everything has its price and if this was worth 4500 then it would have been snapped up straight away, its a very nice copper sport but with work needed its just not going to get that high

#35 garethleesmith

garethleesmith

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Cooper*

#36 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

Thanks for the input, yeah this hasent been snapped up yet, no one has been to view it, I am think about sorting the boot myself, it's not really a big deal I just haven't got the time, I am a welder by trade and have all my own gear to do the job, like I said it's just a time thing, been having second thoughts and there's a chance I'm going to get a rental garage, sort the boot, MOT it and try again, just before I do that I may put it on eBay with a reserve of 3800, slowly dropping the price, I have used this car, washed and polished it numerous times, and I know it's worth more than what you think, I have seen it in the flesh, you haven't

#37 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

ill go 2500

sorry mate no, I'm loosing money on this car as it is I won't loose even more

#38 MaxAndPaddy

MaxAndPaddy

Spamela Anderson

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts
  • Name: Elvis
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

Check you're pm's  >_<

#39 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

Check you're pm's  >_<

I have replied mate

#40 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

Check you're pm's  >_<

I have replied mate

#41 rolesyboy

rolesyboy

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

Your car looks nice but if you bear in mind most body shops charge £80-100 an hour it would be reasonable for them to charge say 10 hours to drop the subframe and associated parts then chop out the rot. Inevitably looking at the pics the work is going to become more than anticipated. There is astrong possibility that the area under the petrol tank will be in a similar state. Cost of boot repair panels and say a rear valance at best say £100 . Weld in place to a respectable standard, fill, seal prep and paint. Then reassemble the lot bleed brakes etched. Lets say best ways 10 hours. So £800 in labour. £100 panels and paint. VAT £180. You can see where people are coming from. You often see Cooper Sports at £5000 and more but invariably they stay on sale at Mini dealers for 12 months plus. If you want strong money ie £4500 then do the welding yourself and make it a quality job. Looking at the rest of the car you might be in with a shout. Good luck with your sale.

#42 domdee

domdee

Formally known as dominicdee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Local Club: hull clubs on FB

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

people want everything for nout these days. stick to your guns shagger!

#43 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Yeah I got a qoute of £240 for the welding doing and painted, so that blows most of the comment out the water, yeah I could save money doing it myself but I do it for a living and don't have much time, thanks for the luck anyway mate, and the next comment, yeah people who are buying slate the vehicle as much as possible, av had people saying it needs a full floor, don't be daft

#44 benspickup2011

benspickup2011

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

I personally would happily pay up2 3500 for it. Although it needs some work, it is after all the last of the proper minis!

#45 benjib1990

benjib1990

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

I personally would happily pay up2 3500 for it. Although it needs some work, it is after all the last of the proper minis!

i did get
Offered 3300 but I declined and said 3500, but they declined that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users