#31 Hrimfaxi

Hrimfaxi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Love keeping up to date with this, good stuff mate.  

#32 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

Thanks guys!

finally i got the car to the wheelshop!

esy6.jpg

I had some issues to adjust the minisport camberbrackets in the rear. I think ill have to make the hole bigger for more adjustment and weld adjustmentscrews to make it easier. But i wont bother until i restore the whole rear subframe..

I couldnt get it in the right ridehight because of the sportspackarches.. I think i go for group5 or mexicoarches nextyear. I feel like cutting a couple of mexico arches up and make my own style eith fiberglass or carbon. I found a car on internet with 8*13 wheels on!!! I want thoose, does anyone now where to find thoose wide rims to my mini?

#33 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Ohh i forgot.. i hae time for mot on friday morning.. The only thing left is that i have no windshield washerfluid.. I acidently throw the pump and (container???)
so i think i will mount a custom with two pumps. one pump will spray water on cars laying to cloose behind me..

#34 minisilverbullet

minisilverbullet

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts
  • Name: Craig

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

I had à nightmare trying to adjust the mini sport brackets too.

#35 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

I will defenitly modify those brackets or buy new ones.
The car failed once again on emissons :(
But i think its some vacum leak because i saw that the co and hc changed when i touched some connections.

Other than that my brakelight didnt work and i have to adjust the left rear brake. 
In sweden some larger workshops can fix the problems so you dont have to return to MOT. And i know a guy who works on a workshop that can do so.

Now the car is in desperate need of a wash then its of to a streetcar meet next weekend..
I will update with pictures..

Edited by LosLandenos, 29 March 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#36 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

So me and my wife did the shakedowntest with the mini this sunday. We wen about 80km to a friend. This friend is truly awesome because he has a real pizzaoven in the garage. So we baked a couple of pizzas.. 

But thats not the point....

When we arived the freakin car wouldnt start. The battery was dead and it didnt seem to charge properly. My alternator and battery is new so i couldnt figure out why.
So we did put a charger on the battery and boroved att battery from my friend to get back home. The thing was that i had the headlights on on my way home on the freeway and when it was completly dark and no roadlights the car died.

There we was in a black mini in the midle of the night with no lights.. Both me and my wife both thougt that is this how we are going to die?

So i did put on the jumpercables on the fresh battery and it did last the whole way home.

Today i checked the status of the wiring loom..

8lrd.jpg

!!! I think i found the fault...

9g0q.jpg

So i i thought that i might as well make a better wire for it.
the cable is of caraudio quality

vksi.jpg

I am as i said before a sucker for shrinktubes.

After this repair the car charges 13,8 volts on idle..So i am real happy now. I washed the car and drove it today:
1lf8x.jpg

The new chassi is awesome.. Now its quick as hell in th corners.. But i think i will adjust the damper so they are a bit softer.
My gaz dampers are set to :

front: 17 klicks from zero
Back 16 klick from zero

front camber 1,5

toe out 0,2

rear camber 1

toe in 0,2

what setup do ypu guys run on??

#37 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hi..

I just sold my useless piece of mazda junk!!! In the ad i wrote that the car had a cdplayer. But whe i tested it it didnt work... and the car was already sold so i had to take one from my mini.. But i didnt like it anyway. It didnt fit so it did not go all the way in.
So i took a trip to my favorite caraudio shop who also is my sponsor for my caraudiobuilds.

I found a pioneer that i liked.. Its not a cdplayer so ite not that deep.

eqrg.jpg
716n.jpg

Also cheap and have aux in on the backside wich i like and usbcable. It also connects with blutooth to my iphone and has handsfree phone.

So i started right away..

cdt3.jpg
6ghw.jpg
tofx.jpg

i think it fits like a glove.. i will make a litle plate instead of the ashtray where i can conect my usbmemory.
I have a pair of 6*9 under the backseat but will replace the with something else.
The shop wanted me to build with Focal speakers 6,5 in the doors, and a 8 inch sub, and a 4ch  Alpine amp.
They will check with focal if they could giv me a price below the price that the shop buys it for.

The sad thing is that i used to small washers to mount the shockabsorbers in the front.. Today i found that one was lost!!! I haven noticed it, the bushing was there thou. So i have to order a new one.

#38 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

Hi guys!

Now i have been on my first carmeet with the mini, the weather was kinda crappy but fun anyway. In sweden the mini isnt that common, among hundreds of cars we were two minis and i parked where i think the mini suited best.
rvk0.jpg

The car had more attention than a 800hp supra that stood next to me. You simply gotta love a mini!!

But theres still wotk to be done. I have bought a new dash because of my laquer on the wood is faling of.

I also have to find all things that are rattling in certain speeds. It sound like a chromata orchestra on exctasy and it is making me loose my mind. My maniflof manifold is touching the floor so i think i have to cut it, bend it and weld it together again.
But other than that its a lot of driving.
5y8m.jpg

Now it time to visit the garage to adjust the rear brakes and se why my brakelight wont work.
My poor emissions seems to be vacumleaks s i will change all tubes and hope for the best..

Cheers..

#39 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,119 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Looks nice but I would be trying to find out why the wire shorted out.. They usually go when the battery terminals have been reversed or the main power wire has an issue(usually when the exhaust melts a section..) have a look before stranded again...

Oh and you didn't put wife's comments about the car that night on the the forum....

#40 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

Looks nice but I would be trying to find out why the wire shorted out.. They usually go when the battery terminals have been reversed or the main power wire has an issue(usually when the exhaust melts a section..) have a look before stranded again...

Oh and you didn't put wife's comments about the car that night on the the forum....

i now remeber why it shorted  out. i "folded" the alternator down one time when i was fooling around with the cooling system. The positve connector on the alternator grounded and did a couple of awesome sparks.. So it must have been then.

Sorry i didnt get that part with my wife, swedish you know ;)

#41 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

i now figured out why my brakelights didnt work. som former owner connected the stereocables on the positve lead before the brakelightswitch.. i found three cables connected to that single cable.. i think i will tare down the interior and make a new electricalsytem.. I realy hate those solutions. Why not do it right from the beginning. Its not even harder to do so??

#42 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,119 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

Was your wife happy about being stuck at the road side broken down with no lights?

#43 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Was your wife happy about being stuck at the road side broken down with no lights?

Not in any way.. but she loves our mini so they ar friends again now. One scary thing was that someone passed us when we drove off the freeway and called the cops. So 15 minutes later the police called me on my cellphone and wonder if i were ok because the bypasser told the police that i drove off the road and crashed.. But wait!! do you call the police when you see something like that?? dont you stop and try to help??
Scary.

#44 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

Sometimes i really hate my mini, and not in the way that you hate getting a cold but more in the way you hate Hitler. Even though its a bit harsh to compare my mini with Hitler when its not even equiped with a mustaschgrille.. 

Nuff about that.. My mini didnt pass MOT this time because of high emissions (it runs rich).
But the worst thing is that the car has to be repainted again!! 
While rebuilding my studio a canister with Joint foam (foam to insulate windows and doors??) exploaded and covered me and the mini with foam.

This destroyed the paintwork and i was so sad over the whole thing so i was about to give up.
My insurancecompany will take the damage at a cost of 300 pounds.
So the car is now at the paintshop getting the entire front, doors and roof repainted.
I will tak the oportunity to change the bonnet and grill to a Mk1 type. 

So now im waiting to get the car back from the paintshop.
I have ordered a "cat" and som sensors that hopfeully will get my emissions legal. If that doesent help i will seriously try to give the MOT-guy some money if he will let the car pass. Or kidnap his family and release them when the car is "clean" ;)

pics on the acident....

ygtnr.jpg
mwjzt.jpg
ja55.jpg
7bpj.jpg
jnpoj.jpg
0r8zv.jpg

But the funny thing is that i today bought tickets to me and my wife to London in July. It will be my first time.
I really hope that all thisbad luck ends soon or i will give upp and by a Fiat panda... Or such

#45 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

h2cz1.jpg
The bonnet was rusty under the grillesurrounding. Now it is in the bin and the bonnet is repaired and adjusted to fit better. I did cut it and welded it together again and ared happy with the result.
g3gr.jpg
lsun.jpg

Edited by LosLandenos, 03 June 2014 - 08:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users