#46 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:27 PM

That accident with the expanding foam is shocking!  :cry:  :ohno:

I really feel for you mate. That must have been heart breaking.

Good job on fixing it though. I don't know if i could have.

Do you know how the can managed to explode?

Look forward to seeing it all fixed up.

Ben

#47 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

it was actualy three cans that didnt work, but the last blew up in the walve. It was a kind that you take the nozzle and push it hard to activate it and then fold it to let the foam out. Howewer the freakin can didnt get that. So when i pushed it it went KABLAM!! And flew away over the parkinglot. The mini was the car that got the worst stains by far. 
But i dont even want to think on what would hapened if the can whould have gone the other way and would create a foamparty in the studio.. All synths, guitars,mixers and stuff would have been worse to repair i think.

Luckily i usually take stuff that goes really bad kinda easy. Nothing to cry about, it wont help anyway.. I drove the car into the garage and went to croatia for a week before i did something about it.

#48 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

I am so glad that i took the extra time to rebuild the bonnet to a mk1. I also ordered the grille and modified it a bit to fit "deeper" in the hole in the front. The insurance guy who obviously hasnt got laid in ages gave me and the paint guy a real hard time. He wanted to let someone polish the car. But we convinced him that it wouldnt work, and he gave up.

I also ordered some stuff to fix the emission problem. (rich)
So when this stuff arives i have changed:

* tempsensor
* Oxygensensor
* Catalythic converter
* Everything regarding the spark
* Crankshaftsensor

* everything regarding vacum
* gaskets

Now lets hope for the best.

jsgv.jpg
Its getting there
tpk6x.jpg
I realy hate this f*****g glue/foam.
qmlv.jpg
mk1 ftw!!

1osa.jpg

Lovely chrome polish.. I am so tired of this now so you cant even begin to understand.
oseg.jpg[/URL]

To be continued..
oseg.jpg[/URL]

Edited by LosLandenos, 30 June 2014 - 11:29 PM.

#49 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:38 PM

Here is a closeup on the grille.

x09uc.jpg

I also bought a couple of 4 inch peep mirrors from california that is meant to be mounted on the roof. I bought a couple of nice looking English flags in Enamel that will be covering the holes from my old mirrors.

I really hope this will work now!!!

I am aiming on run with 13x8 inch wheels and will make a couple of Mexico arches wider.
I have high hopes now for this car.

#50 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

That paintwork is fantastic.

It has actually all been fore the best i guess. Now you have a lovely new paintjob!

Ben

#51 Redjohnno

Redjohnno

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Looks fab, keep the pics coming!

#52 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

Thanks guys!

It was that lovely time again. "the postman of human kindness" ( a bit B Braggish i know) was here with a package from California!!

flr5.jpg
I dont know if its the same for you, but new stuff is so awesome that it overides any other obligations.. "ohh sorry hunny did i promise to cook you a nice dinner today. that suck i guess you have to go to mc Donalds now. Buy me some to and drop it off at the garage" So i was off like coyote hunting the roadrunner " beepbeep peooow!!!" 

I actualy have a coyote in my mini bought at a second hand for 0,15 pounds..
ao6d.jpg

He now lives in our Suzuki Swift were he is part of a large vodka and beer smuggling gang. Sneaky bastard....

Nuff about that.

I tried to mount those hotrodmirrors with mixed feeling. They are made to fit a buick electra and a couple of more yanke cars.

nqru.jpg

They looked cool, but if the not where to intefere with the door they went sky high!

n07q.jpg

And so far front in the rail so it just wouldnt look like a quality install.

h6g4v.jpg

4h31.jpg

The original clip was as you can se faaaaar to thin. I thought about to weld a new one but thought that if i was going to rebuild it i wouldnt rebuild a universal mount anyway?

ezca.jpg

So i gave that litle baby a bit of grinding love and dryfitted it in the door. My neigbour the came home whining over his new piercing in the lip. Man up!!
Hold this mirror this is serious!.. Something like that wa said... I think...

7zjb.jpg

So i drilled a hole thru the door from both sides. The hole from the inside is so that i can reach the screw.

w5p3.jpg
mklh.jpg

I was realy happy with the result. This looked realy cool i think. Not to much like  a ratrod.

3gct.jpg

It is starting to look evil now i think.

I made a type of bracket covered with rubber and the mount is realy solid and feels lik somthing that is there to stay and it dont woble at revs..

To be continued...

#53 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

After a nice bbq for me and my wife ( im realy a nice guy not an A-hole tha i described earlier) i went back to the garage to see if i can get any wiser in the problem with the emissons.. My mini is acting like a oceanliner in emissons when the evil MOT guy put his emisson-pipe up the minis bum... And i dont blame her..

But i got news that my minisportpackage will arrive on thursday. Unfortunality i have work that day with photo a wedding. So my Lovely wife agreed to work from home that day to catch that UPS bus..

Nice.. she is a keeper!

Although its a SPI we did a expriment and mounted a strobelamp to check the ignition and it was all over the place.. we couldnt get a clean reading.
I then knocked on cranksensors contact..
8bl96.jpg

and then it was stable!!!
Reved that baby up.. Bad again! knocked it.. good! Im so glad i have a new one on the way..

7485.jpg

This is a sparkplug that i changed last winter!! a bit rich mixture.. I have a new cat to so its all good.

Hope i will sort this out now.. I have soon replaced everything..

so back to polishing again.....

k9zp.jpg
4s9r6.jpg
cmbz.jpg

I might install a beer fridge in the garage? 

Edited by LosLandenos, 08 July 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#54 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

love it, love it, LOVE IT

#55 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

As above this os a lovely build thread, i've just read through from the begining and you really are a top detailer with the ability to do the nitty gritty work of welding aswell.

Oh and your English is fine, i'm English and trust me there are people who live in the UK who can't speak much proper english themselves!! :lol:

Keep us updated,

Cliff

#56 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the kind words. i was about to do something today but my thermometer inside shows 57% humidity and +26,7.. Outside temp didnt even work i guess the transponder melted. So the only cold place in this house is the studio so i think i will seek shelter there and create som Ambienttracks or such..

#57 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

It turned out to be a kinda productive day anyway..

After taking seege in the studio i did a whole lot on a ambient/drone set that is meant to be performed live sometime this fall i hope.. 

After that i found that one of my cat had puked all over my sneakers..

But i dont blame him...

48cc6d.jpg

af2aff.jpg

His brother and him dont like hot weather..

So i went out and in a weird kinda way canalized my anger to something creative...

Good isnt it??

059e13.jpg

I finaly took my first step into changing windscreen on my Ibiza.. The guys who work with it doe it cleaner.. But not nearly as cool as this..

Then i changed the cathalythic converter and changed all the vacumhoses and dryed out the fueltrap with air..
0b3ea1.jpg
The car sounded awesome without cat and exaust.. The cat looked awful and im happy that i changed it.

It feels like it is running leaner now but i will wait for the rest of the parts to arive..

Tomorrow i will work as a wedding photographer all day so i have to clean all cameras and lenses now..
On the bright side it is well paid..

#58 BusheyTrader

BusheyTrader

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Local Club: Nope

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Loving the rebuild with the Scandinavian attitude!

I worked in Copenhagen for 18 months a few years ago. The tax man in Denmark has a different attitude to cars there. Someday we'll tour Scandinavia for the summer again.

Great job, keep it up.

Adam

#59 LosLandenos

LosLandenos

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

Thanks man! 

I really happy with how i turned out.
By taxman i assume that you mean MOT-guy? I was actually thrown out by a MOT-guy when that A-hole lifted the car in themanifold.. He was on me and my car like a pitbull and i told him what i thought about him.. 
It was the first time i have got thrown out by a MOT-guy.. Hopefully the last..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users