Teesside's Latest Vtec Build.
Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:39 PM
So far, the old engine is out and gone, car is about stripped, front end is off, honda engine etc is in the garage ready and waiting for the subframe to arrive.
Pointless thread without a few pics, so here you go. :)
Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:44 PM
You're ahead of me already! Sounds like a solid plan though, hows the shell like? Do you need to do any repairs to it or is it just bolt everything on and paint??
Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:18 PM
Getting as much of the annoying bits out the way first, mainly because I don't have the allspeed gear yet, 2-3 week waiting time.
I've got the wiring all sussed now. Everything unneeded cut out and everything else labelled. I'll be using the standard mini clocks - after a lot of research here's my solution using a brantz br3 (seems better than sticking magnets on the driveshafts or reed switches on the back of the speedo etc)...
The standard honda electronic vss
Take out the 2 10mm bolts and remove the top half and drive pin
Fit 3 o-rings to act as a spacer for the brantz adapter
Fit the adapter
A Rover 216/Rover 416 speedo cable has the correct ends to fit the mini clocks and the brantz adapter
Then make a bracket to hold it in.
I haven't finished yet, but you get the idea for now. I'll add another pic when it's finished.
Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:08 PM
Got a long awaited Allspeed package delivered today, so things can finally begin!
Made a start by getting the subframe bolted up, and engine in position then spent the rest of the day trying to get the fiberglass front to fit nice... What a nightmare...
Anyway, here's a few pics from today.
Edited by DangerousDave17, 14 March 2014 - 08:09 PM.
Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:45 PM
Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:20 PM
Today's job was making a bracket for the alternator and doing some more fettling of the front end.
I've looked at alot of build threads and decided to design my own bracket locating the standard honda alternator in the wing.
Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:23 PM
Looking really good so far, how much did the Brantz adapter and metro Speedo cable set you back? Looks like a much better idea than the magnets
Worked at about £30 for the pair.
Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:34 PM
Just about everything is trial fitted now - and managed to squeeze it all in a standard length round nose! So the next step is to strip it all down and start making things look nice.
Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:43 PM
To start, I cut a section out the front cross member, then strengthened with 5mm steel plate.
Although this probably would be strong enough, I wasn't happy with it - So I used an upside down allspeed clubman cross member welded to the round nose one. This protrudes from the front, but is perfect as a number plate bracket, so won't even be seen.
Nice and strong.
Only thing left to sort is the grill clearance, it's very tight.
Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:02 PM
Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:55 AM
Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:18 AM
Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:12 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users