#31 CCX

CCX

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

My MPi was sold new by SMC Rover of Slough, one of (if not the) biggest Rover dealers in the country at the time. It was first registered on 1st March 1999 (the first day of the 'T' registration) by the dealer itself, so I think it was a dealer demonstrator. It has some expensive options on it so that seems likely. In the wallet with service book etc, there is still an original dealer membership card (giving the owner free servicing) with the first private owner's name on it, and a business card for the sales rep that sold the car.

My local dealership and where I used to spend a LOT of time waiting at the parts desk. In fact I probably sat in your car while waiting a few times! I don't know about them being the biggest dealer but they did have one of if not the highest turnover of Minis in the country at the time your car was born. I don't remember them having a blue regular Mini demonstrator to drive but they had a blue one on the shop floor for a while and a Volcano Orange one. I was there a lot in '99 as we started our first rebuild of the car we still have that summer. They had a Paul Smith demonstrator that they were trying to push on us once, my girlfriend (now wife) got so close to buying it. She filled in the finance forms and everything but chickened out during the cooling off period. We were still kids and it seemed like a huge financial commitment. Does your car have a full length sunroof? All the ones they used to have in the showroom had a Webasto I seem to remember. Does it have zip decals?

It has neither, but then when I bought it the side decals were missing so the zip decal could have been fitted new. It has the walnut door cappings, leather cooper seats and sports pack. 

#32 Mk1Dave

Mk1Dave

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

Mine was brought from wadham stringer aldershot. It became westway nissan a few years later. And was traded in for a micra. I brought it of them for £45. This was 2001/2 sold it two a friend who had it till I brought it back 10 months ago.

#33 minimaxie

minimaxie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

I've got full service history on my MPi.... I'm going to have to dig out the service book somewhere in my cupboards! I seem to remember a sales card still in mine, never given it a thought until now. Will see if I can post some pics when I find it

#34 surfblue

surfblue

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Mine was originally registered 14 LAO in June 1963, a Carlisle registration (Since re registered AAO 773A, also Carlisle). Anybody know who the local Morris dealer would have been way back then?

#35 stickycreambun

stickycreambun

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

IMAG2827-1.jpg

I had to go and dig them out, I was wrong Oscar always was and always will be a westcountry mini (Bristol plate too) :proud:   Find it very funny I used to live two mins down the road from the address, pretty sure this was an Audi place when I was there...now its nasty newbuild flats/chain coffee etc.

IMAG2829.jpg

and my first mini Picadilly. Seems to still be a car dealers of some sort, and an MOT station.

Edited by stickycreambun, 14 March 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#36 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

Mine came from Cyril Griffiths, Nutley in East Sussex.

I am currently in the process of trying t find more information.

#37 mr3speed

mr3speed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:52 PM

I live near there and remember it being a rover garage!!! mine was from Kingsbury rover in Hampton.

Mine is also from G.Kingsburys in Hampton. My dad worked there for many years.
Still have the sticker on the rear screen

2D5A6C34-EC48-4C7B-BD96-32EE9385328A.jpg

Edited by mr3speed, 09 October 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#38 Stu1961

Stu1961

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Local Club: Still Looking

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:43 PM

Mine was a new 1982 1000 HL in Cinnabar Red (OOC109X)  from Colliers in Tyseley/Acocks Green , Birmingham. I think they were on the Warwick Road. One of my biggest regrets selling it.

#39 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Local Club: Minimus Maximus

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:25 PM

My first one was sold new by Harts of Honiton in Devon, hundreds of miles from where it lives now. I only have one dealer plate with the car so I had some more made up as close as I could as the dealer is now a Renault garage.

My second mini was new from Sunwin Rover literally 10 mins from my house. The old lady owned it for about 15 years and traded it in at the same dealer for a Micra. I have one number plate for that aswell but the dealer is long gone.

#40 Richey

Richey

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:43 AM

Mine was sold at a Rover dealership just down the road  :shifty:

#41 bigell

bigell

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Local Club: Minis 'n' Oatcakes

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:25 AM

Our 1991 Mini Neon was from Edwards of Stratford (Rover dealer) and it looks like its now a Guy Salmon Land Rover dealer. Will take pics of original sticker still in the car and other bits we have.

#42 TMW.Racing

TMW.Racing

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

Still have the sales invoice for mine! Mine was sold on 1/8/85 by Church View Garage in Darlington, and looking at the history it stayed in the original purchasers family for about 20 years!

Seems it no longer exists as I can't find much info on it, but it is in the dealer guide book for the car as an Austin Rover Retail Dealer

#43 DeanP

DeanP

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Mine was a new 1982 1000 HL in Cinnabar Red (OOC109X)  from Colliers in Tyseley/Acocks Green , Birmingham. I think they were on the Warwick Road. One of my biggest regrets selling it.

Our Mini 35 came from Colliers Acocks Green. The Rover showroom is now a Japanese car showroom.

Hoping the linky works:

https://www.google.c...!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by DeanP, 02 August 2016 - 09:46 PM.

#44 Stu1961

Stu1961

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Local Club: Still Looking

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:52 PM

Our Mini 35 came from Colliers Acocks Green. The Rover showroom is now a Japanese car showroom.

Hoping the linky works:

hjtps:[email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script>,-1.8319252,3a,75y,334.75h,91.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1st5ZmRaVc9WfAX24e31qUzg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by Stu1961, 04 August 2016 - 11:09 PM.

#45 govig

govig

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:57 PM

My Spi Sprite was supplied new by Mylchreests in the Isle of Man. They are still in business although in different premises selling Jag, Land Rover and Mitsubishi ,now. The car has just passed 8,000 miles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users