#61 andyt

andyt

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Local Club: cooper register

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

My 91 mayfair came fro Merritts of Amersham.

#62 Mini-Mouse

Mini-Mouse

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

According to the paperwork, my thirty came from Fairways in Gravesend. After reading on another forum from 2006, it sounds as though it has long closed down!

#63 Alice Dooper

Alice Dooper

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Local Club: Minis in Northern Ireland

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

Ours was the demonstrator car at Charles Hurst Rover garage on Boucher Road Belfast. They sold her when she was 1.

The Rover dealership has closed but the garage is still there with several dealerships on site. Includes Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jaguar and Land Rover now!!

#64 spraybeater

spraybeater

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Local Club: Mcr

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

My current restoration , Coachbuilt Clubman just been looking through paperwork 

came up with this! shows original dealer with the date and reg no

And it appears after its conversion,

fullsizeoutput_333_zpspfuxq4ax.jpeg

It was supplied with a cherished number which I have not shown .

can't find any trace of Garage it is my intention to physically check 

soon

Edited by spraybeater, 19 March 2017 - 07:04 PM.

#65 Lordcroker

Lordcroker

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:37 PM

Westridge Garage, Ryde, Isle of Wight. They are still going and when I rang a while back on the off chance that they might have an old dealer sticker I spoke to the Sales Manager who looked my car up in their old ledger. It turned out that he actually sold my car back in 1989 when he was a junior salesman and was delighted that it is still on the road!

#66 Quincy Sparks

Quincy Sparks

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Local Club: BHMC, MCR

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

Got bored of hunting the interwebs for clues from the scant paperwork that came with my Cooper, so have finally sent off my V888 to the DVLA. Will see what comes back.

Couldn't find a chequebook in the house, so bought a Postal Order, which made me feel about 8 again :)

#67 mattmiglia

mattmiglia

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:12 PM

Got bored of hunting the interwebs for clues from the scant paperwork that came with my Cooper, so have finally sent off my V888 to the DVLA. Will see what comes back.
Couldn't find a chequebook in the house, so bought a Postal Order, which made me feel about 8 again :)

Is original supplying dealer info that can be requested on a V888?

#68 Quincy Sparks

Quincy Sparks

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:56 PM

Is original supplying dealer info that can be requested on a V888?

Yes, along with former owners. Got my info back, turns out the Cooper came from Beadles in Eltham - anyone got a dealer sticker? :)

#69 vitessesteve

vitessesteve

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

Yes, along with former owners. Got my info back, turns out the Cooper came from Beadles in Eltham - anyone got a dealer sticker? :)

Try this one:
500x151.jpg?1407856887

available from: http://www.stickyfin...cal-V1-X-2.html

Edited by vitessesteve, 04 May 2017 - 04:11 PM.

#70 Quincy Sparks

Quincy Sparks

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

Try this one:500x151.jpg?1407856887available from: http://www.stickyfin...cal-V1-X-2.html

Thanks - I found that one, but it's later than my car (1990) so might end up making my own with the earlier Rover logo and an 081 phone number :)

#71 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:06 PM

Hi All,

I made this up for my own car, as it was supplied by Stewart and Ardern, I have a few extras which I have put on ebay, as thought others might be interested.

https://www.ebay.co....tm/132846413446

I have read that Stewart and Ardern probably never made a dealer sticker like this, but I didn't like the ones on ebay so made this one up.

#72 minitravellerman

minitravellerman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Local Club: Minis In Northern Ireland

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:29 PM

My '64 Morris Mini Traveller came supplied from Donnelly's of Caledon (Co Tyrone). The dealership expanded and they moved to Dungannon (town a few miles away). They are still in their Dungannon site but have increased massively and are now LandRover, Jaguar, SEAT, Vauxhall and Honda there now. 

The Caledon building is still there but empty.

Attached Files

#73 Richey

Richey

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:11 PM

Mine was Dutton Forshaw in Preston, which I believe may have been taken over but the site is still there.

#74 Russ_IW

Russ_IW

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:45 PM

Westridge Rover Garage, Ryde, Isle of Wight (Now MG, Mitsubishi & Skoda).

Got the original sales receipt. It stayed on the island for nearly 20 years just down the road from the garage in Ryde, before a short 2 year holiday in Southampton before I found it on eBay by chance and brought it back to the Isle of Wight.

I even met the original owner and her family at a Mini event last summer.

From the same garage, I test drove a brand new Cooper, red with silver roof & stripes, back in 2000 (would have been one of the last I guess) but decided against it as the loan was too much (for a 19 year old) - Still kick myself now.........

#75 leyland73

leyland73

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:38 AM

Trying to track down an original dealer sticker and any information about the supplying dealer for my Clubman, it came from Ralph Grant and sons in Leicester, I’m the 3rd owner, the couple I bought it off in 1994 had purchased the car as an ex demonstrator from the dealer. The car never went further than the village in which they lived, although they told me once they had driven to see a sister in Northampton. Lovely couple, both were in their late 70s the wife was giving up driving, it was her car, the husband still drove a Golf Vr6! and was looking forward to space I the garage for his train set!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users