9 replies to this topic

#1 The Roadie

The Roadie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:07 AM

Hi, I am The Roadie, I am 16 and the proud owner of MiniStorm. MiniStorm is 1994 Flame Red Mini Sprite 1275 with single point fuel injection and electronic ignition, a mint interior and some nice extras such as white bonnet stripes, chrome bumpers and a stereo with Pioneer speakers. Its called MiniStorm because I am The Roadie for LemonStorm, my friends rock group, and they are very very good. Go on LemonStorm
I've always been into cars, being bitten at an early age as my dad is a motor trader, with a mint 1990 Mercedes 500 SEC and some of his friends have very interesting machinery. These range from a 1965 Eagle Engineering tuned Jaguar E-Type, through T-Series MGs to a Ferrari 308 GTB (early fibreglass model).
Dad used to have an original Cooper S 1071 when they were new (ish). He tuned it, fitting 2 2inch SUs, boring and stroking to 1150, high lift cam, reshaping the combustion chambers, polishing and porting it, Wood & Pickett arches over wide rubber. He said it was faster than a 1275 S!
My brother and sister also had minis as there first cars. My brother is also in the trade and promised me some bits of his old car.
I plan to modify MiniStorm. Eventually (like in a few years!) I want to get an MG Metro Turbo engine equipped with a T3 turbo and a Jack Kinght box, but for the moment I need some insurance, can anyone recomend a good company, like Adrian Flux?. Well some mods that will be on it in the next 12 months will hopefully be the peco back box off my brother's mini, 13x7 Starmags, Grp7 arches and a CD player. I can do the work myself, saving precious £££.

#2 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:20 AM

welcome to the mini forum! nice band u got here and a very nice sounding mini, u got any pics of mini storm :D

#3 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:35 AM

Welcome to the site!

Sounds like a nice mini, lets see some pics then! (And can you post a pic of the E-type please?)

I'll have to listen to the band after work. :D

Enjoy :grin:

#4 Pippy

Pippy

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:30 PM

Howdy - make yourself at home! :wink:

#5 Sunshine

Sunshine

Friend of TMF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:59 PM

welcome to TMF!!

sounds like you know what your doing!

#6 Jules

Jules

3 Gold Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:03 PM

Hey welcome to TMF!!!! :wales: :D

#7 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,428 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:05 PM

hello mate, welcome to are humble home,,,

make ya self at home,

#8 The Roadie

The Roadie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:13 PM

Thanks everyone, I'll post pics of MiniStorm, the E-Type and our Mini City E as soon as I get my digi cam back next week.
My dad's mates E-Type is a 1965 S1 Roadster (the most beautiful car ever built) tuned by Eagle with high lift cams, lightweight flywheel and stainless exhaust system. I'll ask him when he's next at the garage, he'll be cool about taking some pics. I can tell u from personal experience that its much more responsive than a standard E, its my dream car.
I forgot to mention that we also have a mint 1984 City E at the garage with a genuine 6100 miles from new. My dad sold it new, to an old guy who rarely used it, then got it back when he gave up driving. Its a timewarp car - were hanging on to it until it becomes collectable.

#9 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:26 PM

hello and welcome to the mini forum

#10 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members