#1 miniaddict92

miniaddict92

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hello ,

Having had mini's for the past 2 years + i have spent a fortune on them as everyone knows you end up doing . After having it off the road from about september 2013 and having seen how much i saved having it of the road i decided to sell it.

This was it before i traded it. started as a 998cc but swapped to 1275cc Metro hif44 carb with high lift rockers and countless little bits like interior wheels fuel tank wing mirrors grille the list goes on hence i had to let it go that and reliability was questionable

1239789_10151700480021429_1896973047_n.j

1003125_10151497444416429_1119710183_n.j

It never let me down on long journeys to the likes on MITP etc but round the doors it was hit and miss and was spending more time on the drive then the road and with working full time every weekend was spent fixing it which yes i enjoyed but i couldnt just leave it and come back to it as it was a daily driver so after a while it stopped being fun .

With my brother passing his test i didnt have the family car to rely on for work and i cant run two cars on my own so after 6 months of yer i will sell it i finally did in January and traded it for a 99 mk4 golf GTI turbo.

General Spec: 1.8L Ko3Turbo 3" downpipe decat   3 door now has over 200k miles 150bhp (Factory..at the moment ) Wind deflectors lowered on JOM coil overs JVC stereo Forge DV Soon to have Forge TIP and new anti roll bar with wheel refurb in the summer

It had some awful bbs style wheels on but since bought a set of fifteen52 snowflake alloys This is how it looks now

1069828_10152038799846429_1688887248_n.j

1538772_10151955041586429_1834377521_n.j

So far ive done:

Discs and pads rear

Air filter

oil change

Coil packs

CV Boots inner and outer

Door handles changed

Gear knob & gaitor replaced

Dashboard altered

Fifteen 52 Snowflakes 18x7.5 (maybe 8.5 cant remember )

I will get another mini im sure but it will be a toy like a hayabusa or vtec which i just cant afford to buy or insure

Just thought i would post as i don't own a mini but i still enjoy the forum . I do have plans for the golf and have got just as big a list as i had when i started the mini difference is the golf will start on the button and doesn't need much maintaining compared to the mini i had

cheers for the read

dan

#2 robminibcy

robminibcy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

very nice, fellow dubber here. Mines a tdi though as im covering galactic mileage! (usually collecting mini bits)

#3 miniaddict92

miniaddict92

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

very nice, fellow dubber here. Mines a tdi though as im covering galactic mileage! (usually collecting mini bits)

Cheers mate I knew i would get a dub thought early mk1 mk2 but wanted some modern electrics and mod cons and liked this alot.ha i know after stockpiling mini parts i spent some trips delivering parts on my way to shows still got some stuff left to shift.

mine was 198k at start of Jan and now 200k so im not doing ridiculous mileage so the petrol is okay bet your getting some high mpg from the tdi!

#4 jb93

jb93

TMF Noddy Badge holder officially.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Looks nice, love my 6n2 daily  :proud:

#5 miniaddict92

miniaddict92

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

cheers  was looking at getting one of those first but seen as insurance wasnt much difference got the golf   love turbo's now haha :whistling:

#6 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Mini looked cool, golf is alright I suppose :P

#7 miniaddict92

miniaddict92

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

cheers it was still got the yellow lenses wont sell them though took me ages to get a hold of !

#8 Retro_1985

Retro_1985

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Local Club: Chichester Mini Club

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

what is it with mini and golf owners, i also have both, but im always more of a mini man, my daily is my rat look honda d-series beast

miniratroof.jpg

and my other is my 1990 mk2 gti

golfgti.jpg

soon to have a 2.9 VR6 conversion :)

#9 robminibcy

robminibcy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Cheers mate I knew i would get a dub thought early mk1 mk2 but wanted some modern electrics and mod cons and liked this alot.ha i know after stockpiling mini parts i spent some trips delivering parts on my way to shows still got some stuff left to shift.

mine was 198k at start of Jan and now 200k so im not doing ridiculous mileage so the petrol is okay bet your getting some high mpg from the tdi!

I get around 50 average which is good considering how its driven usually! If you want a bit more power from yours ditch the air filter and refit the standard air box with OEM paper filter. Will help protect your maf as well.
my build thread is here: http://www.theminifo...golf-tdi-daily/

Edited by robminibcy, 13 March 2014 - 09:28 PM.

#10 Ace Alex

Ace Alex

Formally known as Pedal Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Cool :thumbsup:  Will you still be attending the Metrocentre meets?

Think I spotted your old Mini somewhere....can't remember where! :lol:

I have just sold my Supercharged Rover Cooper Sport at the weekend. Sad to see it go!

It's been 10 years of driving them daily for me! Similar thoughts to you on cost etc now.

I am slowly reducing my collection (1 sold, 3 remaining!) The '72 van will sell no problem. Planning to keep the Mini 40.

I've been looking at BMW MINI Clubmans recently......never thought I would consider a MINI. :lol:

Edited by Ace Alex, 13 March 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#11 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

looks nice, I own a MK3 Golf Wagon as a daily so good to see more peeps running VW's

#12 hols_kitty

hols_kitty

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Another mini and Golf owner here, mini is for the weekends and fun times, Golf R32 is for being sensible and getting to work reliably!

#13 miniaddict92

miniaddict92

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

I get around 50 average which is good considering how its driven usually! If you want a bit more power from yours ditch the air filter and refit the standard air box with OEM paper filter. Will help protect your maf as well.
my build thread is here: http://www.theminifo...golf-tdi-daily/

Cheers will look into that didnt have oem box so just got a clean filter when i got it. So will have to buy the whole thing. im getting about 33mpg to work but hammer down 25mpg haha will have a read i think

#14 miniaddict92

miniaddict92

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

Cool :thumbsup:  Will you still be attending the Metrocentre meets?

Think I spotted your old Mini somewhere....can't remember where! :lol:

I have just sold my Supercharged Rover Cooper Sport at the weekend. Sad to see it go!

It's been 10 years of driving them daily for me! Similar thoughts to you on cost etc now.

I am slowly reducing my collection (1 sold, 3 remaining!) The '72 van will sell no problem. Planning to keep the Mini 40.

I've been looking at BMW MINI Clubmans recently......never thought I would consider a MINI. :lol:

Yer i will be when they start again ! is it in april ?? yer he has replaced the wheels and put roof bars on i miss it but i want to drive it each day and mine just developed to many problems.

if i had the money i would of bought that one of you like a loved it !

Yer vans are easy to get rid i would love a collection like but no space which is also a pain in the arse.

Looked into bini's but nah i would be 'oh i wish i had a proper one' so couldnt and insurance for a cooper s was more expensive also a key facter still at 21. always loved the DUB dad has a mk5 gti remapped with little tweaks . would love a daily a mini and a mk1 golf that would be heaven !! :shy:

#15 Gerbil367

Gerbil367

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Local Club: GMOC

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

Sacrilege!!! Talking Dubs on a Mini site!! Now face the wall naughty fellows! haha :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users