54 replies to this topic

#16 Minimad100

Minimad100

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

My mum has a honda S2000, the seats are very comfy but also have enough of a bucket to hold you in!!!! Plus they will fit in a mini.....

#17 jackmason

jackmason

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

I tried a Cobra classic after wanting an upgrade from the standard but wanted some back support and with the "Lean back" style rear i found myself leaning forward and upright alot. I ended up buying these recaros from a friend and they have been fantastic.

20120225_133932smaller.jpg

They sit nice and low, are adjustable and the bolsters on the rear hold me in place nicely. Last year i went to italy for the IMM followed by tour or Italy (Rome, Venice, Turin) and these seats were brilliant the entire time.

Like roberts said above, these are more of a "luxurious sports model" style seat.

Im still looking for an actual "Bucket" seat for my mini for when i do track days, and the CMC (Chelmsford Motor Club) Targa Rallys so i can use a harness but i dont want it to wide. I will continue my search for the right seat...

#18 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

As a fairly big guy, 38" waist, Ive always found buckets a little too "figure hugging" for my delicate little frame  :shy:

#19 vx220

vx220

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

As a fairly big guy, 38" waist, Ive always found buckets a little too "figure hugging" for my delicate little frame  :shy:

When I put on a "little" weight, my friends told me DNA stood for "Dylans New Arse"

#20 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Mk1 mx5 seats possibly? Not exactly buckets but very comfy and space for the more mature driver (read lard arse).

#21 vx220

vx220

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Oi!!!

#22 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Oi!!!

not aimed at you mate, or the OP, just useful info for anyone who is circumferentially challenged ;-)

#23 vx220

vx220

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

Oi!!!

not aimed at you mate, or the OP, just useful info for anyone who is circumferentially challenged ;-)

It's ok, I am impossible to offend!

And to quote the great Alan Partridge, "it's fairly well concealed in casual clothing"

#24 Orange-Phantom

Orange-Phantom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

I've got the Cobra Misano seats in mine and absolutely love em!  I'm 6ft 2 and they are some of the comfiest seats I've sat in.  No back ache after a long drive is always a nice bonus!

Although my mate who is even by his own admission, well a bit rounded managed to trap his nuts trying to get in the car so maybe they are not for everyone!

And they fit in a Mini.  Just!

#25 CMcB

CMcB

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

bucket seats as a daily driver = bad idea. if you want bucket seats for track days, fit them for track days... its only two bolts per seat. 10min job to swap.

#26 cambiker71

cambiker71

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Local Club: Cambscustomclassics.com

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

I have a bucket seat in my daily driver, it was comfortable enough on the round trip to IMM Germany a few years back, but as somebody else said, you need to try a few and find out what fits you best as there seems to be several different shapes out there, I've found Cobra classics are really uncomfortable but a good friend of mine swears by them!

Mine's a Corbeau of some sort, that isn't too high on the sides so easy to get in and out of, passenger gets a standard seat :D

poppysnewseat.jpg

#27 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:11 PM

:lol:

#28 Anthony30

Anthony30

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:14 PM

Oi!!!

:D  :bah:

#29 longtimenomini

longtimenomini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:58 AM

Corbeau gt4 in mine

Size ...well I’m not going to blow away in a strong wind and once I’m in , I’m in

Comfy ... yes if you don’t mind being in a tight embrace

Sit a bit too high in frames and I had to adapt them to be lower

VCC0Y9S.jpg

6oB9Dpf.jpg

QtthobT.jpg

Edited by longtimenomini, 23 December 2018 - 01:59 AM.

#30 Dannyboolahlah

Dannyboolahlah

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 06:01 PM

I picked up some SPI seats recently. They're a lot more bolstered than the earlier (or later) seats and really comfy.
Haven't tried them on track yet, or fitted them in the car for that matter, but they look like they'll be pretty good.
I did my last trackday in standard 80s mini seats and it was equal parts challenging and hilarious trying to stay in the seat haha.

Edited by Dannyboolahlah, 23 December 2018 - 06:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users