#31 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,900 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

It all depends on the bucket seat chosen.

#32 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:13 PM

6oB9Dpf.jpg

I love the steering wheel/gauge/seat combination in your Mini! 

#33 longtimenomini

longtimenomini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:45 PM

6oB9Dpf.jpg

I love the steering wheel/gauge/seat combination in your Mini!

Thanks .... now with addition of Dsn pedals and lowering bracket

Seats low , steering wheel low ....retro / modern mix

LkBVllo.jpg

dY5UCIj.jpg

Edited by longtimenomini, 25 December 2018 - 06:47 PM.

#34 sc-em

sc-em

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:07 PM

What made you go for the steering wheel you have. I really like the seats, but the wheel looks at odd with the dash and seats. I guess that is why there are so many combinations because we all have different opinions. There is a really nice rally set up in this month's BMC magazine. It's a red clubman and the interior looks just right.

#35 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:44 PM

What made you go for the steering wheel you have. I really like the seats, but the wheel looks at odd with the dash and seats. I guess that is why there are so many combinations because we all have different opinions. There is a really nice rally set up in this month's BMC magazine. It's a red clubman and the interior looks just right.

The early GT had a similar wheel (with silver inlays on the spokes) and the GT had triple clocks, so it's actually more correct than most wheels. Large diameter steering wheels are actually quite nice when driving. It makes the steering really light.

#36 sc-em

sc-em

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

Yeah, my GT had the three clocks but I seem to remember the wheel being smaller. I can't even remember the reg which is a shame. I sold it with my 1293 engine in.

My Landy has a big wheel and I concur it does make the steering seem relatively light....landy to mini. Lol. Talk about contrast!

#37 longtimenomini

longtimenomini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:14 PM

As the others have said

Original steering wheel ( same size and design as gt except for badge and silver inlays)
Original gt clocks ( mine had 2 clock pod to start with)

So fairly much factory mk3 1970’s clubman/ GT

Larger steering wheel make steering much more responsive and controllable / more direct input into steering. I’m also too old to be using a leather bound polo mint .

We certainly all like different things .... makes it more interesting

#38 sc-em

sc-em

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 09:37 AM

Lol. I think I even had a 10 inch wheel once, but soon changed that. Ridiculous but fashion over sense at the time. Mid 80s

#39 JDImini

JDImini

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:24 PM

We've got Cobra Monaco Pro and they are very comfortable although it is a little difficult to tell as the mini is low and the suspension is stiff so it does tend shake your fillings out on all but the smoothest of roads.

#40 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:11 AM

Has anyone fitted a Tillett B1 for track use? I have Tillett's R500 seats in my Caterham and they're comfy enough for 300+ mile days when touring, despite the only padding being some thin strips of carpet along the sides to stop me sliding around, although a full race harness does tend to add some stability!

Attached Files

#41 sc-em

sc-em

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 03:57 PM

Those 500s look super/ How wide are they at the widest, please? I am after some for my kit car.

#42 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:00 PM

The photo is of the Tillett B1.

I believe the seat that Tillett make specifically for the Caterham R500 is the lightest/slimmest in their range, although unfortunately if buying new they're only available via Caterham and priced accordingly ... i.e. ****** expensive! What are you building?

#43 Richard19

Richard19

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:49 PM

If you can go along to a shop which sells different makes. I tried various ones at Demon Tweeks and was surprised how much difference there was between makes.

#44 sc-em

sc-em

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:47 PM

It is a phaeton which has been extensively reworked as far as the chassis and suspension are concerned. It was been off the road for about 5 years whilst I have got around to rebuilding a modified 4.0ltr V8. A Caterham would be my dream kit car, but I warrant a V8 will easily give I a run for its money. Who needs gears with all that torque? Lol

Attached Files

#45 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

ive got reacro buckets in mine very comfy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users