danny1

In the navy you can sail 7 peas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Local Club: bumpstart

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Hi guys it's a quick questiona bout he mk1 loom fitted in my mini

Now I've got almost it all connected up nice and easy, but I've got these wires int he boot which are confusing me because of we're they are

Now it's a cooper s loom from minispares,
You have your normal fuel tank sender wires coming of from the loom but at the same point there's black wires grouped together to a small eyelet and a white wire with a spade connector.

Now I've though about it and it can only really be a fuel pump or the reverse light, but because of the position off it it makes me think it's for the fuel pump but I didn't think mk1 had electronic fuel pumps.

So does anyone know what it would be for ?

Thanks

#2 dklawson

dklawson

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,923 posts
  • Name: Doug
  • Local Club: none

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

No, they didn't have "electronic" pumps, but the Cooper-S did have an electric SU which mounted to the subframe below the LH fuel tank.  The white wire you have loose should be for that.  I cannot remember what was provided as an earth wire for the pump.  If the black wire with an eyelet is the same length as the white wire it is likely for the fuel pump.  I would have to crawl under my car to look but I am at work at the moment so that is not an option.

#3 danny1

danny1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Thanks. It's just one of those wires once I'd connected everything up I was like what there ck is that for, I'll have a look at it then and see what power feed comes of it as I might be able to put my facet pump through it maybe

Thank you though

#4 62S

62S

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Local Club: You must be joking!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

The black earth wire is screwed to the fuel pump body.

#5 danny1

danny1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

That's ok my facet pump earths to the body so I just need to earth the black wire to the body, and conect the white wire up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users