6 replies to this topic

#1 Furyblade_Lee

Furyblade_Lee

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

It does not seem to be well publicised, but like last years 50th anniversary class there will be a mini and moke class at this years Double Twelve. 14th and 15th June is the dates , Saturday hosts an MSA sprint on the Mercedes Benz World test track, for which you need a competition license, and the Sunday hosts the autotesting around the museum site for which you need no special car, license or helmet. That is immense fun. Also there is a concourse competition too. You can do just one event, but to try and win the coveted double twelve prize you need to enter two events. Last year I did the sprint and Autotest and it was only £130 all in with full hospitality for you and a guest. Great value . In 2013, out of 140 odd cars the minus were I think 5th fastest in the sprint beaten only by old Grand Prix cars like ERAs, and fastest overall in the autotesting. It is immense fun and a great family event so it would be nice to get more minis entered in 2014. Details on the VSCC or Brooklands website . The mini & moke class is " class B " , it's not obvious at first .

#2 mk1coopers

mk1coopers

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

It was good fun last year Lee, took a while for the trophies to come through though!, I couldn't find a class for the cars in the VSCC Sprint this year, and June is very full with events already, it would be good to do it again  :proud:  

#3 Furyblade_Lee

Furyblade_Lee

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

Hi mate!   Yes there is definately a class again for minis and pickups if you look way down the regs. I spoke to a guy on the phone, and apparently we were a popular hit last year.  My car will be competing both days hopefully, but I am going to let a couple of friends drive it this time, I will just be watching wwith my toolkit!  They have been kind enough to let me use their competition cars recently so I want to return the favour, and this is a nie event for their family to watch. Be nice to see you there again if you make it.  

#4 mk1coopers

mk1coopers

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

What class are you thinking of in the Sprint then?

#5 Furyblade_Lee

Furyblade_Lee

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

It wont let me copy and paste, but the entry form is on the Brooklands Double Twelve website. The " mini & moke " class is Class 11 mentioned at the bottom of the page.  They don't care what spec your car runs in as long as it is MSA blue book compliant, be it standard or highly modified you are all in together. I ran mine "heavy" last year with all the seats, trim and bumpers etc. as that was how the other guys were running. Will do the same again this year unless any other stripped out modified cars enter, where I will strip mine too to keep it fairer.

I think as well the cars can be double-driven this year, so may be an option for a few.

#6 mk1coopers

mk1coopers

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

I'll have a look Lee, if I do it the car will be the same as last year :proud:

#7 mk1coopers

mk1coopers

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:44 PM

A bit of a thread revival, but I've just caught up with 'classic cars' on channel 5 and seen Lee prepping for Crystal palace at the start followed by the gearbox failure moment later in the programme, hope the car is fixed now Lee, mines still in bits waiting for things to be finished !

Edited by mk1coopers, 04 March 2015 - 06:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users