Photo

Group Buy. Alarm, Central Locking, Electric Windows.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
303 replies to this topic

#241 mm man

mm man

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:39 PM

Unhappy birthday to us
unhappy birthday to us
unhappy birthday dear fellow buyers
unhappy birthday to us

Age 2 ......and counting

#242 InstantCustard

InstantCustard

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Local Club: Surrey Hills Mini Group

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:16 PM

Still have no refund and as far as I can tell I've been lied to on a number of occasions.
I was told at the beginning of April that a refund had been processed, I then chased it up mid April to be told again that it had just been sorted and should be in after the weekend and then was told on Thursday that they had just found my details on the old system!
All very well that they found my details, I've still not seen a refund and despite leaving 3 messages with my mobile number, nobody has ever returned my call.
Shocking service and I think it's safe to say I shall not be buying from them again and will certainly stop recommending them or their products as I've done in the past.
Not sure what course of action I should take next??!

#243 cubby1701

cubby1701

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Local Club: causeway coast mini club

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:28 PM

Any word from these jokers about the wiper switches are we getting them or not

#244 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:07 PM

I can only speak from personal experience with A series spares, but I can categorically state that wild horses would not convince me to purchase any item from them again. I am somewhat amazed that they are still trading after the tongue lashing that they have received, over the years, from this forum and the Morris Minor owners club forum. I have used many of the traders listed on this forums traders section and I tend to take their friendly help and quiet efficiency as the norm, which highlights even more the inadequacies of a company that appears to have no respect for its customers.

I know that the moderators do not like members criticising listed traders, but there are still many members on here that are still out of pocket after many years of repetitive, banal, excuses.

So we put it down to experience and vote with our feet.

#245 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:15 AM

I can only speak from personal experience with A series spares, but I can categorically state that wild horses would not convince me to purchase any item from them again. I am somewhat amazed that they are still trading after the tongue lashing that they have received, over the years, from this forum and the Morris Minor owners club forum. I have used many of the traders listed on this forums traders section and I tend to take their friendly help and quiet efficiency as the norm, which highlights even more the inadequacies of a company that appears to have no respect for its customers.

I know that the moderators do not like members criticising listed traders, but there are still many members on here that are still out of pocket after many years of repetitive, banal, excuses.

Not sure where that has come from!, We encourage feedback on traders and products, infact we even have a traders and products reviews sub forum for this very reason. Feedback both good and bad is pivotal.

In this particular case it is prudent we discuss in the staff room and take any action necessary to protect our members.

#246 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:54 AM

I have contacted A-Series Spares and asked them to review the issues raised, the team will be monitoring the thread to ensure this all gets resolved amicably 

#247 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:03 AM

Not sure where that has come from!, We encourage feedback on traders and products, infact we even have a traders and products reviews sub forum for this very reason. Feedback both good and bad is pivotal.

In this particular case it is prudent we discuss in the staff room and take any action necessary to protect our members.

Thanks for the reply. The underlined above is not entirely a criticism as I realise that part of a moderator's job is to maintain a fair balance and not allow one party to be "mobbed" by other parties. Its just that, as a new member I have been using the search facility quite a lot and have "Bumped" into some threads where I have, maybe wrongly, got this impression. 

In a one to one situation, as I had with A Series Spares, its obviously one man's word against another. It was not until I became a member of this forum that I realised that I was not alone in feeling aggrieved with the service that I had received from them. My complaint with A Series Spares is now in the past and it is not my intention to harass a trader that may be trying to improve his business. If this is the case, may I suggest that a good way to restore customer confidence would be to refund monies to the members that have been promised it for so long.

#248 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,897 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:25 PM

At the end of the day we can remove any traders status if we feel they are not meeting our members requirements. I will contact them to see if they can clarify what is happening. In the event we dont not get a reply of one form or another then their status will be removed.

Its not a case of protecting our listed traders, we only give them trader status if we feel they have a products/s they will benefit our members. If they have been proved to have messed members around constantly etc etc then we will act accordingly. That is the whole purpose behind our reporting facility.

If there are legitimate issues / problems then once we receive a report we can then act on it.

#249 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC, Notts about Minis

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:55 PM

Hello all,
Thank you all for your responses, my apologies for there not being regular updates on this thread, whilst it may not appear much has been happening we have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to establish connections with new factories to manage to complete the systems with quality parts.

I believe that all of the paid goods have been dispatched and received by all parties and it is the free wiper plus kit only that is waiting to be despatched.

I would like to apologise once more for the delay and I believed that the issue had been made public previously in this thread but I am happy to go through the issue once more for anyone who may of missed it and put forward only the facts so that everyone knows what is happening and why.

The group buy was for massive discount off the security packages we offer and also included a free wiper plus kit. The wiper plus kit at the time was a brand new system that we had created and we were just awaiting for the switches for the system which we had been promised for a set date by a factory we had a long time connection with.

The switches never materialised and after some time of chasing we discovered the factory had been closed.

During the last couple of years we have dealt with UK, European and Eastern factories, and redesigned the system once to suit a different format of switches. Unfortunately there are a lot of companies that sell inferior components and equally many factories that will not cater for smaller companies or orders.

We are most certainly not crooks, not swindlers and pride ourselves on creating excellent products for the fantastic uk classic car scene, we have spoken to many TMF members who have called us or emailed us and equally have posted a couple of updates on here, my apologies for not making these more regular, I do take responsibility for that!

The last thing we want to do is anger, upset or lose face with the customers and supporters that we have been working so hard to build a great relationship with and if we have upset any of you we are deeply sorry.

We are moving forward with the switching for the product and both the switches and the ECU have we hoped had their final revisions as we already had the Ecus ready.

Out of all of the customers I have spoken to on the telephone, at shows and via email they have all expressed that they are happy to receive the goods when ready, and once again I would like to apologise for the time span here. Sadly for the best part of one year, projects took a back seat due to my ill health and time spent away from the firm. We respect, appreciate and love all of our customers, we are literally a family run business trying to make an honest go of things in this big world, and once again I am very sorry. Creating and manufacturing is rewarding but at times meets a certain eliminate of uncertingly.

We only want to offer the best products to our customers and all our developments go through extensive testing so when we lose a trusted factory it means we have to start all over again.

Thank you all for your patience and I am sorry we have let you down.

Please do not let any issue you have with me put you off the amazingly passionate company that is A-Series Spares.

Edited by A-Series Spares, 27 June 2016 - 11:28 PM.

#250 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

Hello all,
Thank you all for your responses, my apologies for there not being regular updates on this thread, whilst it may not appear much has been happening we have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to establish connections with new factories to manage to complete the systems with quality parts.

I believe that all of the paid goods have been dispatched and received by all parties and it is the free wiper plus kit only that is waiting to be despatched.

I would like to apologise once more for the delay and I believed that the issue had been made public previously in this thread but I am happy to go through the issue once more for anyone who may of missed it and put forward only the facts so that everyone knows what is happening and why.

The group buy was for massive discount off the security packages we offer and also included a free wiper plus kit. The wiper plus kit at the time was a brand new system that we had created and we were just awaiting for the switches for the system which we had been promised for a set date by a factory we had a long time connection with.

The switches never materialised and after some time of chasing we discovered the factory had been closed.

During the last couple of years we have dealt with UK, European and Eastern factories, and redesigned the system once to suit a different format of switches. Unfortunately there are a lot of companies that sell inferior components and equally many factories that will not cater for smaller companies or orders.

We are most certainly not crooks, not swindlers and pride ourselves on creating excellent products for the fantastic uk classic car scene, we have spoken to many TMF members who have called us or emailed us and equally have posted a couple of updates on here, my apologies for not making these more regular, I do take responsibility for that!

The last thing we want to do is anger, upset or lose face with the customers and supporters that we have been working so hard to build a great relationship with and if we have upset any of you we are deeply sorry.

We are moving forward with the switching for the product and both the switches and the ECU have we hoped had their final revisions as we already had the Ecus ready.

Out of all of the customers I have spoken to on the telephone, at shows and via email they have all expressed that they are happy to receive the goods when ready, and once again I would like to apologise for the time span here. Sadly for the best part of one year, projects took a back seat due to my ill health and time spent away from the firm. We respect, appreciate and love all of our customers, we are literally a family run business trying to make an honest go of things in this big world, and once again I am very sorry. Creating and manufacturing is rewarding but at times meets a certain eliminate of uncertingly.

We only want to offer the best products to our customers and all our developments go through extensive testing so when we lose a trusted factory it means we have to start all over again.

Please do not let any issue you have with me put you off the amazingly passionate company that is A-Series Spares.

let me say first off, that I was never part of the group buy. I purchased the same items included in the group buy,(except for the free wiper plus kit, which is yet to see the light of day), at a later date for the full retail price and still received very poor service. Therefore, I still stand by my comments on previous threads regarding my unwillingness to purchase again from A-Series Spares.

I am not unsympathetic to their problems, I have spent most of my life as a director of one or more small businesses having to cope with the vagaries of customers and suppliers alike. A-Series Spares biggest problem is that they prefer not to communicate with their existing customers.

No one answers their telephone, you can leave a message on any of the five automated options and never get a call back. If you have a problem you may get your first email answered but chase your order again after two weeks and they will either have "not received your email" or repeat a lame excuse out of their BS book. But if you have read the previous 17 pages, you already know this.

In my opinion, the person that spend all day titivating their Facebook page, would be better employed answering the bloody phone!

#251 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

Hello all,

let me say first off, that I was never part of the group buy. I purchased the same items included in the group buy,(except for the free wiper plus kit, which is yet to see the light of day), at a later date for the full retail price and still received very poor service. Therefore, I still stand by my comments on previous threads regarding my unwillingness to purchase again from A-Series Spares.

I am not unsympathetic to their problems, I have spent most of my life as a director of one or more small businesses having to cope with the vagaries of customers and suppliers alike. A-Series Spares biggest problem is that they prefer not to communicate with their existing customers.

No one answers their telephone, you can leave a message on any of the five automated options and never get a call back. If you have a problem you may get your first email answered but chase your order again after two weeks and they will either have "not received your email" or repeat a lame excuse out of their BS book. But if you have read the previous 17 pages, you already know this.

In my opinion, the person that spend all day titivating their Facebook page, would be better employed answering the bloody phone!

Hello,

That is a fair comment. 

We have addressed the issue with the telephone. When we moved to our new premises we were forced into taking on the phone installation already present and after 6 months of trying to get BT to put more lines into the premises we are still faced with only having two lines which we have experienced a huge amount of issues with, mainly that when people are on the telephone anyone calling will be directed to leave a message which we then do not have record of. We have gone around in circles with BT for the last two years with it and have since diverted alot of traffic to the new LIVE CHAT feature on the website which has taken alot of the traffic away from the telephone.

The issue is not that the telephone is not being answered, more that it doesn't cater for people who are ringing whilst we are already on the telephone.

My apologies for any issues you have had, and i understand your frustrations, we have changed alot of things as we have grown and with the inside we have gained from our experiences and hopefully they are all for the better! 

As we enter our 7th year trading as a retail outlet I can look back and see mistakes we have made, areas where we have been able to improve and we have grown from them and still appreciate and respect all of the new and old customers we have and continue to get.

#252 jasonmallett

jasonmallett

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:24 PM

It's been 3 months since we last heard something. I'm sure everyone here would like to know what's happening now and accually get this sorted

Have more things to order from you guys for the last 2 years but won't do so until this is sorted. Regards Jason

#253 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:30 AM

Hi everyone.

Planned production for the WiperPlus system has now been scheduled after several successful prototypes. Due to the time of year and the size of our order relative to larger businesses that use the factory our production is scheduled for after the festive season. We are keen to rebuild the broken bridges we have here at TMF which has left us with two options for you all.

We have spoken to many of you since the Bulk Buy option and most of you have been happy waiting for the free gift to be sent out, others have found happy resolves by having credit notes or other items, this leaves those that we are yet to find resolve for. So the two options are...

1. We can offer a credit note for £45+VAT for you to spend online or set against workshop labour

2. Production is set for just inside the new year and your Free gift can be sent out as soon as it hits ASeries HQ

Thank you all for your continue support.

Let us know by way of a PM how you would like to proceed.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

#254 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for the swift credit note. Now to think what I will spend it on 😋

#255 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for the swift credit note. Now to think what I will spend it on

You're welcome :) 

Edited by A-Series Spares, 15 October 2016 - 05:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users