Photo

Group Buy. Alarm, Central Locking, Electric Windows.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
303 replies to this topic

#256 craigr91

craigr91

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Local Club: nwminiclub

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:01 PM

Crikey.... I'd completely forgot about this 😂😂

#257 jasonmallett

jasonmallett

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:19 PM

Any news on the production as it's now into the new year and we haven't heard anymore updates

#258 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC, Notts about Minis

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

Hello,

The last update was that production was scheduled for just inside the new year. This is still the case. 

once the scheduled production starts we will let you know.

As soon as they are ready for shipping we will put a post up.

Thank you all for your patience and those that took us up on the option of the credit note.

#259 NZMini1275

NZMini1275

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

Did you manage to get these made ?

#260 jasonmallett

jasonmallett

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

Honestly A series i thought this would have been sorted by now.  I'm sure everyone else agrees in 2 weeks its been 4 years since this offer was started and you never did provide what was meant to come with the kit, I hardly believe there is going to be an update now as your last update was over a year ago. The kit you sold is great and works perfect but your false information and misleading promises have truly let your company down.

Such a shame after dragging us along this far as there is so much your company has to offer i feel like i can never buy from you guys again unless my faith is restored

I never took you up on your offer of a credit note as i had hoped you guys would pull through on this and i had every faith in you to complete this

#261 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:44 AM

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us. I am pleased that you have installed the rest of the kit and that is performing well for you. This bulk buy was put in place to offer stunning products and the first glimpse of a new product for free. The group Buy itself was for the Alarm, Central Locking and Electric Window packages with the Wiper+ kit thrown in for free. As the manufacturing faltered on the Wiper+ kits and we struggled to find a UK replacement or even further a field that could offer the exact item at the correct quality we offered the Credit or Full refund so that we could draw a line under this. We are aware of the light this thread throws onto our business and we are trying everything to rectify the issue. The Wiper+ kit most likely will happen but has had to be revised to suit new factory requirements and MOQ. It is something we would like to introduce to the market and in the mean time we have been installing kits with some work in our workshop for people.

Anyone who has not taken us up on the refund / credit please reach out to us, We really want to help as best we can and get everyone moving.

I have just written an update for everyone which i think would be a good addition to the end of this.

Thank you all for your feedback, I know that for some of you this message may come too late but I would like to update everyone and give our honest feedback.

A-Series Spares started as a retailer in 2010, After years of working behind the scenes as a classic car workshop we noticed lots of our products that we had simply fitted to customer cars were started to get mentioned and decided to take the step forward and become a retailer of our own products and also stock market leading spares for classics. We have run workshop based environments for many years but have never ran and maintained a retail outlet which has both physical presence and internet based retail. 

We had hiccups along the way, some due to staffing and some due to learning by doing in respect to the commercial retail aspect. We are enthusiasts at heart running a business that has grown and grown.

We never wan to upset anyone and certainly take all feedback to heart. Over the last 12 months we have had a staff reshuffle and are operating under new management with 4 new members of staff to make sure that we are always up to the task of meeting the expectations of our customers.

We now have 2 designated customer service staff that will always be on hand to answer calls as that was a big problem before not having someone fixed to the phone, We have the emails and live chat that are always monitored too. We have really turned a corner.

With regards to the group buy deal, We have explained the situation around this and have offered refunds or goods to the value of for ALL customer involved. We messaged every person that took us up on the free Gift offer, Explained the situation publicly and privately to each and offered either a straight refund or a voucher. This was our way to apologise for the issue and even though it was a free gift, We put the RRP value to it and issued that as the Credit / Refund.

As mentioned above we have reshaped the business for 2018 and have more friendly faces at A-Series Spares, With more experienced hands in the workshop, Customer service, Shipping and office we have taken all criticisms on board and have shaped the business with immediate affect. 

We do thank you all seriously for the feedback, We know we have dropped the ball previously, Some things were out of our control but we know that things could have been handled better. To this end we have taken all criticisms on board. 

Thank you again. 

If anyone has been affected by a previous mishap please email [email protected] and let us put it right for you. We have so much passion for this business, The classic car world is a great community, Please come and visit us, We would welcome anyone to visit our workshop, Store have a drink and we can talk about things.

Please get in touch, We will be happy to help with anything.

The A-Series Spares Team.

#262 mm man

mm man

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:11 PM

If anyone has been affected by a previous mishap please email [email protected] and let us put it right for you. We have so much passion for this business, The classic car world is a great community, Please come and visit us, We would welcome anyone to visit our workshop, Store have a drink and we can talk about things.

I have emailed the new customer service team on the 9/4 18 with ref to the group buy which I was involved in
No answer yet but it’s only been 2 days ?

#263 minimaded

minimaded

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Local Club: Lowestoft mini club (LMC)

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:39 AM

I have also sent an email regarding the group buy on 10th April. No reply yet either.

#264 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:15 PM

Can we please have an update on this situation, from both the retailer, and from anyone affected by it.

#265 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

Both emails have been replied to now...

I have had to liaise with the bosses here over the fact I stated "refund" when previously they had mentioned credit note only.

I was unaware of the previous text sent out to customer when I wrote the post for the Mini Forum to update everyone.

I will have to talk to the bosses here to see if there can accept the full refund as that is a mistake on my behalf. The chap that deals with it is sadly off at the moment due to holiday but is due back in tomorrow. It might be that they go for it at this point in time simply to round up the last few that have not proceeded with credit notes, to convert them to refunds so that we can finally draw a line under this as explaining the situation every few months is not really benefitting anyone.

I urge anyone who is remaining to come forward, Lets finally get this sorted so that we can close this horrid chapter and move on? 

Many thanks

#266 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:18 AM

Can anyone with outstanding issues on this please come forward ASAP and message me and A Series Spares.

#267 minimaded

minimaded

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Local Club: Lowestoft mini club (LMC)

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

Can anyone with outstanding issues on this please come forward ASAP and message me and A Series Spares.

I've sent you a PM.

#268 mm man

mm man

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:44 PM

Pm sent
Inc email from A series Spares

#269 Compdoc

Compdoc

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Local Club: British Mini Club

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

Hi,

I have had to liaise with the bosses here over the fact I stated "refund" when previously they had mentioned credit note only.

I was unaware of the previous text sent out to customer when I wrote the post for the Mini Forum to update everyone.

I will have to talk to the bosses here to see if there can accept the full refund as that is a mistake on my behalf. The chap that deals with it is sadly off at the moment due to holiday but is due back in tomorrow. It might be that they go for it at this point in time simply to round up the last few that have not proceeded with credit notes, to convert them to refunds so that we can finally draw a line under this as explaining the situation every few months is not really benefitting anyone.

I urge anyone who is remaining to come forward, Lets finally get this sorted so that we can close this horrid chapter and move on? 

Many thanks

I am afraid that I am struggling to get this straight in my head.

Your customers send you money for a part.

They wait ages for that part or receive a faulty part and request a refund.

After further prevarication and delays, "The Bosses" finally offer a CREDIT NOTE to people that would never buy anything from you ever again.

And this is the all new "improved" service that replaced the old "sh*t" service that everyone on here has been complaining about for years and that you constantly apologise for and tell us that, "It's all different now".

The new improved service looks very much like the old sh*t service to me!

#270 A-Series Spares

A-Series Spares

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:20 AM

Hi,

Many thanks

I am afraid that I am struggling to get this straight in my head.

Your customers send you money for a part.

They wait ages for that part or receive a faulty part and request a refund.

After further prevarication and delays, "The Bosses" finally offer a CREDIT NOTE to people that would never buy anything from you ever again.

And this is the all new "improved" service that replaced the old "sh*t" service that everyone on here has been complaining about for years and that you constantly apologise for and tell us that, "It's all different now".

The new improved service looks very much like the old sh*t service to me!

The payments that the customers made were for the Alarm, Central Locking and Electric windows kits, The wiper system was a free gift that had no monetary value. 

So that we can move on and get this resolved we put a RRP on the product and kindly offered credit notes and refunds to the value that we had put on the goods. Up until that point they were a free gift. 

No faulty parts have been received, It was an offer that we ran which gave people a huge 30% off the security products which everyone is happy with, The one issue being that production of the wiper+ kits failed at the final hurdle and we have not managed to get production successfully set up at other factories. I am very sorry if any of this has been misconstrued over the 18 pages.

We have tried as best we can to get the parts manufactured but please allow me to reiterate that the parts paid for have been supplied at the time they were required, It has been the free gift that went along with the 30% OFF that has been the issue.

I am very sorry that what started as a great offer has lead to so much hostility, It was never our intention and we have dealt with each customer directly to remedy the situation. If anyone still has any issues please give customer service a call as it will be dealt with much sooner than via the forum and we can get you sorted and on your way.

Thank you again for your message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users