#16 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

Sorry I was a bit slow Mark. Couldn't work out how to get the pics to a decent size :w00t:

Also have fitted brake and fuel lines ready for when the brakes finally arrive. Front subframe has also been finally bolted to the car.

Posted Image

Small modification to dash to allow roll cage to fit.

Posted Image

I wasnt being piccy, just didnt realise we were both editing at the same time!!!
How come the dash's dont fit anymore?? Mine is ok or has the rollcage shape changed??
Have you strengthened the floor where the frame mounts ?

Looks well though, I have other ideas about building another especially of the racing takes off next year as mine is too tidy for serious racing :w00t:

Cheers

#17 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

Think the dash problem is due to it being a minus. The floor mounts for the rollcage are made a lot bigger than standard and have spreader plates underneath to spread the load.

#18 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:44 AM

Sorry I was a bit slow Mark. Couldn't work out how to get the pics to a decent size :w00t:

Also have fitted brake and fuel lines ready for when the brakes finally arrive. Front subframe has also been finally bolted to the car.

Posted Image

Small modification to dash to allow roll cage to fit.

Posted Image

:w00t: has the front suspension setup been changed again is this the latest front end looking good

#19 Dolts

Dolts

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Local Club: Tyred and Exhausted

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:21 AM

the offer of help is still there Pete, lol i could really pick up some pointers now:D where is the dash from? im assuming i'll have to modify mine too then?!

#20 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:15 AM

is the conversion any easyer the 3rd time round

#21 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

It's proving a lot easier as I know what I did wrong with the first 2 :w00t: .

Koss,
Front suspension has changed but not sure why. Think it's something to do with using the same frame to fit a standard engine in the front.

Dolts,
Dash is from z-cars. Don't know if you will need to modify yours as Ade didn't with his.

#22 Dolts

Dolts

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:57 PM

Dolts,
Dash is from z-cars. Don't know if you will need to modify yours as Ade didn't with his.

Shouldnt do then, as they are identicle albeit from different people! you know what i mean! :w00t:

#23 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:55 PM

Pete, you must have the World's most understanding missus, and a heap more patience than I have. All the best with this latest creation......

#24 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:42 PM

Pete, you must have the World's most understanding missus, and a heap more patience than I have. All the best with this latest creation......

Very understanding missus. Just costs me a fortune every time I work on the cars at weekends.
Busy day planned for Sunday so trying to get her to go out shopping again ;D .
Got Ade's brakes to fit, bumper on a clio to paint, dash to paint and fit and then if I get time start taking the wireing loom out of the pickup to use as a template to make a new one for Ade. Thankfully i've got a couple of mates coming to help ............

and Ade to make the tea :ermm: :genius:

#25 Dolts

Dolts

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:39 PM

well i would offer Pete, but im helping re-floor our conservatory! but if you need another pair of hand gimme a call, i may be able to help, should be finished fairly early! You still got my number? id love to come and see the pickup and the minus work in progress!
Gareth

#26 SCURVY DOG

SCURVY DOG

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:56 PM

still wish had not had to sell the shell :'(

but looking good just want a ride as still not gone out in ades ;D

#27 Dolts

Dolts

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

Did you get much done on sunday Pete? apart from Ades brakes!
If Want my number again pm me and i'll send it, as you know im only round the corner and id love to learn and help at the same time!

P.s Loving the new sig!

#28 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:49 PM

Scurvy,
you will be near the top of the list for a ride once it's finished. Hopefully you will catch up with Ade soon and have a ride in his ;D . Still one of the most enjoyable cars i've ever driven :ermm: .

Dolts,
still got your number just trying to build this one all by myself again(except for the paintwork). Will let you know next time i'm around so you can pop up and see it. Don't forget to bring some money with you though :genius: .

Only progress this weekend was getting the dash painted(twice because he wasn't happy with it first time). At least now I can get all the cage bolted in and when the front discs arrive get it to a rolling shell.
Aim is to get it rolling and painted by 7th September. May even have it running.

#29 Dolts

Dolts

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:51 PM

Yeah no probs mate, how much was it? if you can wait 2 weeks till im paid i will sort you out!

#30 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:07 PM

Look what the postie brought me today :D :w00t: :o

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users