#91 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:02 AM

i to will be interested in some doors

No more work done due to a minor wireing issue that hopefully z-cars will be sorting for us(and it's flippin cold in the garage).

Once the doors come back we will let people know if they will be made available.

#92 fatmini

fatmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Local Club: no

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:05 AM

ok thanks

#93 Gingerjoe

Gingerjoe

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Local Club: Tmf

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:26 AM

Looking good buddie! cant wait to see the finished Project!!

#94 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:25 PM

Bit of progress at last. After a few weeks of head scratching and eventually sending the wireing loom to z-cars, we have a spark. Many thanks to Chris at z-cars again for all his help. Should have a fuel pump sorted by the weekend so hopefully will be running. If everything goes well might even get it moving under it's own power =] .
Trickshifter fitted as well now we have the correct length gear cable.
Got a weeks holiday soon so will be able to crack on and get most of it finished. Aiming for end of Feb to take it to Cadwell Park for the z-cars track day. Then take it for it's SVA in march and finally get it registered on an '08' plate (only 18 months behind schedule).

Pete

Edited by pete, 12 November 2007 - 08:26 PM.

#95 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:33 PM

Bit of progress at last. After a few weeks of head scratching and eventually sending the wireing loom to z-cars, we have a spark. Many thanks to Chris at z-cars again for all his help. Should have a fuel pump sorted by the weekend so hopefully will be running. If everything goes well might even get it moving under it's own power :lol: .
Trickshifter fitted as well now we have the correct length gear cable.
Got a weeks holiday soon so will be able to crack on and get most of it finished. Aiming for end of Feb to take it to Cadwell Park for the z-cars track day. Then take it for it's SVA in march and finally get it registered on an '08' plate (only 18 months behind schedule).

Pete

For these kind of minis who is the best company to get the trick shifter from and its price?

Is it complicated to fit onto a normal race spec kit not built yet? I bet its is whole new world, ive done a quick internet search seems a bit mental and m ore of an after thought thing, i have plenty to worry about probably despite quick gear changes! haha
cheers

Edited by brandon7, 13 November 2007 - 11:43 PM.

#96 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:44 PM

At long last it runs

http://s108.photobuc...nt=MOV00010.flv

Edited by pete, 18 November 2007 - 09:45 PM.

#97 Spoonz

Spoonz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:16 PM

that engine was warm before you did that i hope ? sounds nice though :D

#98 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

After a long delay we actually got in the garage and did some work. One wheel arch trimmed and fitted.
Posted Image

We did a few other bits as well but nothing worth posting pics of.

Pete

#99 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:30 PM

Hi got this monster going yet?! IM curious about this project. Not as much GSXR stuff at R1 or Busa. I have a 2007 GSXR motor iwth 70miles lined up. Going to Z cars on Feb 19th to discuss my plans and spend some money.

Why did you choose this engine and generally? And got any points worth bringing up?
Looks great by the way =D

#100 philly c

philly c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:32 PM

Are those the lovely carbon curly miglia arches?Extra wide or just the normal ones??

Many Thanks

Phil

#101 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

Hi got this monster going yet?! IM curious about this project. Not as much GSXR stuff at R1 or Busa. I have a 2007 GSXR motor iwth 70miles lined up. Going to Z cars on Feb 19th to discuss my plans and spend some money.

Why did you choose this engine and generally? And got any points worth bringing up?
Looks great by the way =D

Using this engine because Chris suggested it and he just happened to have a couple lying around. It looks smaller than the r1 engine and should produce a bit more power. Seems to bolt together just the same as the r1 version with similar plumbing and wireing.

Pete

#102 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:51 PM

Are those the lovely carbon curly miglia arches?Extra wide or just the normal ones??

Many Thanks

Phil

Extra wide curley carbon miglia arches painstakingly sanded to match the contour of the body. Some of them seem to be a half decent fit to the body but the o/s front will need totally restyling to make it match the shape of the body. Nothing wrong with the arches just they are designed for racing so the fit doesn't need to be near perfect.

Pete

#103 philly c

philly c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

They look like trye bad boys!how have you mounted them to the body though as i cant see any alen key stud heads?i am wanting to go for the curly arches as i love them but was just curious if there was much differance between the extra wide ones and the normal as well as how you have mounted them to the chassis.

Many Thanks

Phil

will start some project pages before too long on the busa mini project

#104 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

Angle brackets fibreglassed or bonded to the underside of the arch.

#105 philly c

philly c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:45 PM

I like it i guess that the advantage of fibre glass!

Cheers jammy

Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users