49 replies to this topic

#31 Mikelove

Mikelove

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

Yeah they are being targeted by gangs . I cant believe with all the cctv around nowdays nobody has any on the route they took. I often get the police knocking asking for footage as i have cameras up and down the road. Once an st ford was stolen locally. I looked on my dvr and sure enough a fat guy in a shirt and tie drove by in the stolen car with the alarm still going!!

#32 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Proper gutted for you mate, I'm usually near there so will keep an eye out but unfortunately they have not taken it just to have a little local drive in, its been happening round here alot, I know minis up the down the country are going missing but its happening alot down in the south east

A very local to me former member on here was caught along with his helpers a while back and it seemed like it died down a bit but it never has, its been happening for a long time, we like the cars but so does everyone else...

These people aint opportunists, they want certain minis and know who have them and where and if they are left out for all to see, if your parked cars are generally revolving around they will just wait till the one they want is up for grabs, they don't want all minis just certain ones

I'm not trying to scaremonger everyone in the south here with a Cooper Sport or any Cooper or any mini thats parked outside!  >_< just saying you can only do what you can do and hopefully its enough

I know its not what you want to hear and I do sincerely hope you get yours back in any form as people have got them back before, chin up

#33 Tubby1987

Tubby1987

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

Disgusting is this, too many scumbags about these days! I'd love to catch the thieving bastards in the act! They'd be thrown in the back of my transit and taken to some derelict woods where they'd be dealt with properly! Wouldn't even waste the cops time, I'd make sure they'd never dare steal again! C**ts!
Best of luck getting to the bottom of it mate

#34 minimaxie

minimaxie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

Im trying t figure out how to post this on my facebook. All of my friends are mini owners and some reside in that area. Will keep a look out.

Bastards!!!

Click the lil share via logo at the top right hand corner of your (or the OP's) comment mate. It should give you a link or an option to share via Facebook/Twitter I believe. Either that or just copy n paste the link onto FB

OP really sorry to hear this :( seems nothing is safe from the scum these days. I'm in Essex but will keep a vigilant eye out for you, will share the word too. Hope it's found, it's awful to think they could have been watching your house for it :(

#35 Mikelove

Mikelove

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

I suggest smart water too. Mark up the entire car. Sticker it up with smart water stickers. Thiefs no this stuff and will avoid it like the plague if they think its marked with smart water. Tracker it and hide it well.put it Behind anything that takes a while to remove . On a mini there arent many good hiding places but use your imagination. I used to fit trackers. Often a decoy is handy. As they think they have it and stop looking once found. Also add a diode inline to the trackers power wire. This stops the trackers battery giving it away .

#36 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

Any news?

#37 domdee

domdee

Formally known as dominicdee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Local Club: hull clubs on FB

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

absolute bastards!!!!!!

#38 scotty_18

scotty_18

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • Local Club: LMSOC

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

I'm relatively local in Bromley, will keep an eye out!

#39 Redjohnno

Redjohnno

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Total Scumbags, sorry to hear about your bad news. Hopefully you will get it back.

#40 scrumpymini

scrumpymini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Local Club: NSMOC

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

I put a huge chain and padlock through my front wheel so no one can just push it out of my garage.

#41 TahitiBlueMiniSport2000

TahitiBlueMiniSport2000

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

No news on the mini, have been checking ebay everyday for parts etc but no luck, now trying to decide if to get another...

#42 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

Bugger

#43 miniboy1993

miniboy1993

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

Well I am based in westgate on sea and I am keeping eye as well

#44 bogstandard

bogstandard

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

Feel totally sick for you. What these vermin don't realise or really care about is the amount of love and time spent on these cars. I have a similar one and this has put the horrors up me. Looking at buying a wheel lock now.

Hopefully you had an agreed value on it. Don't give up and keep the Mini spirit and get another one. Saying that it's hard find one your feel the same about.  Had mine for over ten years now and the Mini bond is strong.

#45 Devo

Devo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

I live in Chatham, Kent just down the road from Bexley, will be keeping an eye out hope you get your mini back soon 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users