54 replies to this topic

#16 AdamBilsy

AdamBilsy

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

We have drawn up the files for an Iphone 5 mount that slots into the ashtray hole in the dash today and printed a prototype to test. Will try to get one in a mini this week to make sure it is suitable.

If all goes well these could be available next week some time.

#17 PlugExploits

PlugExploits

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

Fast work! Do you have an idea of price yet based on what you have done?

#18 AdamBilsy

AdamBilsy

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

Based on the current design, looking at £10-12 each

#19 PlugExploits

PlugExploits

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

Sound! Let me know when there in production and I'll be your first customer

#20 j.cooper

j.cooper

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Is it also possible to make a mount for all us people that just have a metal top dash that clips in the original ashtray slot?
Cheers jim

#21 AdamBilsy

AdamBilsy

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

Have you got a photo of the slot that you mean? I can only think of one ashtray slot.

#22 j.cooper

j.cooper

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

I,ll sort one out as soon as my car comes back, the ashtray is on top of the dash rail, just below the windscreen above where this ashtray fits
Cheers jim

#23 AdamBilsy

AdamBilsy

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

is it this type?

13082010097.jpg

Looks easy enough, however I'm not sure if there would be enough clearance for a phone between the top dash rail and the windscreen, unless you tell me otherwise. Could make a recessed pocket that it would sit into, however you wouldn't be able to use the phone whilst its in the holder.

#24 j.cooper

j.cooper

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Hi
Yes that's the type, I was thinking of a insert that would click into the ashtray slot, then a bracket that would come round and drop down in front of the centre binnacle between the speedo and oil pressure gauge, sorry if it's not the best description, whether that's possible or not
Cheers jim

#25 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

Would you consider mocking up tweeter holders for the dash rail? Or door speaker pods?

#26 AdamBilsy

AdamBilsy

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Hi
Yes that's the type, I was thinking of a insert that would click into the ashtray slot, then a bracket that would come round and drop down in front of the centre binnacle between the speedo and oil pressure gauge, sorry if it's not the best description, whether that's possible or not
Cheers jim

If you can get me some accuracte measurements on the size of the hole, I will draw up a couple of designs.

Would you consider mocking up tweeter holders for the dash rail? Or door speaker pods?

Tweeter Holders would be do-able, not sure where you would mount them? What about a surround that slots into the hole on the dash where the air-vents normally go?

Door Speaker pods would probably be too large to make them affordable.

#27 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hi
Cheers jim

If you can get me some accuracte measurements on the size of the hole, I will draw up a couple of designs.

Tweeter Holders would be do-able, not sure where you would mount them? What about a surround that slots into the hole on the dash where the air-vents normally go?

Door Speaker pods would probably be too large to make them affordable.

That sounds interesting. It could work, I was thinking of something that would sit in either corner though. Personally I would cover over these myself, but others probably wouldn't find this an ideal solution.

#28 AdamBilsy

AdamBilsy

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

I dont have access to a mini here to look at positioning or sizes, if you could mock something up out of paper/card showing where you were thinking they could mount I can work from there.

#29 willava182

willava182

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

Be interested to see the iPhone 5s docks :)

#30 Gremlin

Gremlin

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   19.17K   55 downloads

How much for this posted, I'd like it in black, the walls only have to be .8mm thick roughly, I'm guessing one pass of the nozzle would probably be enough, incase its a it confusing, the shape is a bit like a porch, roof, I don't want the back filled in

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users