6 replies to this topic

#1 tomjohnson

tomjohnson

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

Can anyone tell me the wilwood caliper model and part number used on the zcars big brake kit?

I have the kit on my mini but I've lost the box the calipers came in. I'm trying to find the caliper specs to see if I can use them on another project.

Cheers

Tom

#2 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

They are Wilwood Powerlites

http://www.wilwood.c...Mount-cm-lg.jpg

#3 tomjohnson

tomjohnson

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Any idea of the wilwood part number?

#4 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

Part numbers are on this page - unsure of piston area though (if you have some maybe remove the pad and measure the piston size to confirm:

http://www.wilwood.c...bname=Powerlite

#5 Girva

Girva

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

Hey Kirk,

Somewhat related to this post...  When I was looking at the Wilwood website and then talking to ZCars about the big brake kit and pedal box setup, I was told the master cylinder sizes they suggest/supply for both front and rear are the 0.750 cylinders...  But I couldn't help but notice that yours are the 0.625 cylinders.

Just wondering why that was??  Like if that's just what you ended up with by chance?  Or if that was a conscious decision you made to go for the smaller cylinders... And if so, what the reason was and what the benefits are, etc??

Thanks,

JEFF

#6 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

Jeff, as per my  PM message reply to you and for others reading I am using 0.75's now as the 0.625's are not big enough for the Powerlites.

#7 ZCars Steve

ZCars Steve

Z Cars

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Hey Kirk,

Somewhat related to this post...  When I was looking at the Wilwood website and then talking to ZCars about the big brake kit and pedal box setup, I was told the master cylinder sizes they suggest/supply for both front and rear are the 0.750 cylinders...  But I couldn't help but notice that yours are the 0.625 cylinders.

Just wondering why that was??  Like if that's just what you ended up with by chance?  Or if that was a conscious decision you made to go for the smaller cylinders... And if so, what the reason was and what the benefits are, etc??

Thanks,

JEFF

with the ratio of the mini pedal using 0.75 gives better feel for the brakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users