#16 Yeti

Yeti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Local Club: I don't play well with others

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:27 AM

Right, all the plans have gone out the window until i can figure what to do about this rust hole problem of mine
Passenger side A panel
[attachment=17321:attachment]

Drivers Side A panel
[attachment=17322:attachment]

Passenger Side Wing
[attachment=17323:attachment]

Driver side wing
[attachment=17324:attachment]

Well I have looked at buying panels to repair this lot, and i've asked in the styling section about flip fronts, just the problem now is that im very very short on money (saving for a flat deposit) and if i could fix it up for a year or two that would be great. Can i patch repair this for another year? till i have the money, i just want it on the road for the rest of the summer

At least the roof is coming along nicely, i thought it was really rippled when i first had it. It has taken over a litre of Nitromours to bring it back to the original thick primer over the tin. Angle grinder with a wheel attchement is cleaning the rest off :D

[attachment=17325:attachment]

Well i hope to have the roof done by the end of the day

Please i'd love any ideas on the patch work question

Yeti

#17 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:33 AM

A pannels dont cost much to buy about the same as a load of filler and some sand paper :D

#18 Yeti

Yeti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:46 AM

I understand that, just im not sure how to replace the a panels with the wings still on, I have read about it done with the wings off. (i already have filler i think :D so that would be free lol )

Any ideas on the wings?

Yeti

#19 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:17 PM

But arent they MK1 A panels with it being a pickup? so may need the inner panel as well? :D

#20 Yeti

Yeti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:11 PM

Hmmmm so in theory if i didn't have the door hinges there, i wouldn't need the inner?

Yeti

#21 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:20 PM

nope you wouldn't.

but dont get rid of the hinges they are a major part of the car and its history.

#22 Yeti

Yeti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:54 PM

But i have always wanted to have an excuse to have suicide hinges.....

If i did that i could really upset purists and rivit counters :D

Yeti

#23 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:03 PM

If you kept the external hinges but suicide style, i think that would look good,
keeping it all classic but with subtle mods :D

#24 Yeti

Yeti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:19 PM

Hmmmm i looked at that, but the panel behind the door does not look suitable. I was thinking about putting hinges hidden away. The door handle and opening mechanism would be combined with the mirror, also the lock would be a flush mounted one

The colours im thinking of painting it are no where near standard (but not like that orange pickup.... ewww)

Yeti

#25 Yeti

Yeti

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:16 AM

Right, I haven't posted on here in ages, I have been working on the little b*stard, but Im kind of lazy with the photos..... my current excuse is that my parents have taken the camera on holiday with them.....

Anyway, I just spent the last half hour wrestleing the exhaust off. I made custom mounts so I could hang a aftermarket centre exhuast (£50 2nd bargin 3 years ago!)..... Im going to have to re- engineer them so it takes less swearing and cusing to remove it next time.

Currently letting the WD40 soak into the rear subframe bolts, Im out of the de greasing oil, so I will be WD40ing it for a day of two (some may say thats over kill, but I doubt its ever come off before....)

Well Im off to remove the rear light clusters, number plate and any other gubbins I can think of

Laters all

Yeti

PS I have a few spare sets of the Old pickup rear clusters (the square stepped ones, not trailer type), does anyone think they would be of interest on here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users