#1 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

just seen this on facebook. :(

"A sad day I have just found out my classic car a 1968 Austin Mini Cooper reg NDV919G snowberry white with black roof and black mini light wheels, has been stolen and I have just reported it missing, if anyone who has seen my mini please keep an eye out for it. Since this photo it has had red Corbeau bucket seats fitted. please share, as I am desperate to get it back.

Stolen my classic Austin Mini Cooper MKII 1968 Reg NDV9191G from Ottery St Mary, Devon 29th May 2014
Photo album of mini and associated parts on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/minirebel/sets/72157644911766962

Description
Snowberry White (off white) body with black roof
Black powder coated 100+ mini light alloy wheels
Yokohama Advan A008 165 70 R10 tyres
Black interior with red with black back Corbeau Dakar bucket seats fitted to Corbeau 6mm aluminium race mounts and sliding seat mounts.
Rear window has a BMC Tuning rosette
Chrome bumper with rust spots with overriders.

Please contact Reuben Millard via on 07875 244603 or call the police on 101 if you are see or offered any of the above parts or car.
"

1512703_10152556564305676_28563531401820

#2 Daz1968

Daz1968

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

So sorry to hear this, will probably be used by someone with a spare v5 then sold onto an unsuspecting owner. Not good news all round. I can never understand stealing cars like this as they are all unique and any owner would recognise their own car especially if they restored it, no two cars will be welded or rebuilt the same.
Hope you find it though.

#3 mk1coopers

mk1coopers

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

Sadly having heard of a few Coopers that have gone missing lately I think this might be the negative side of all the recent publicity the cars have got starting to kick in, I hope you get it back as I don't know what I would do if mine went missing

#4 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

Such a shame :( hope he gets it back

#5 Mini_Rebel

Mini_Rebel

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

Thanks Alex-95 was just about to post this on the forum, I am really gutted this has been stolen and am desperate to get it back before it gets broken down into parts or possible exported. I've had it about seven years and it is the car I drive all the time and it always puts a smile on my face, and my kids love it.

I am just trying to share the information with anyone who might have seen it or may recognised it if spotted. Currently it has red Corbeau bucket seats with black fibreglass back on race mounts, and black mini lights on Yokos with black roof so quite distinctive from the average car on the road.

Thanks for any help or information that might get this car home.

http://www.devon-cor...wsAppeals/15265

0310.14(1).JPG

Attached Files

#6 Mini_Rebel

Mini_Rebel

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

Just had a phone call from Avon & Somerset Police my car was found set alight just outside Frome and is completely burnt out. I just wanted to say thanks for all the shares and the support. Time to contact the insurance company. Absolutely hacked off and gutted, such a shame as the car was a dream to drive and so much fun.

#7 PeteClark

PeteClark

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:49 AM

So sorry, for your loss !

#8 AEM

AEM

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Local Club: MCR.

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

That's awful news to hear, I'm really sorry, such a sad end for a nice and irreplaceable car  :cry:

#9 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

I'm sorry to hear that :( , such a shame. I don't know how people get enjoyment out of doing things like that, absolute ******* *****.

#10 Mini_Rebel

Mini_Rebel

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

Next thing is to contact insurance and work out valuation as it was in really good condition and prices keep changing. I really want another mini (this was my 3rd one), might even consider buying the wreck back but need to see what state it really is in. Could be a long term project and my eldest son really wants to work on a car., thanks for the comments.

#11 CityEPete

CityEPete

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

That is gutting, In a funny sort of way I am glad its not off to Japan with another reg or broken for parts over here though. Joy riders or just too risky to keep hold of after they had took it do you think?

#12 Gerbil367

Gerbil367

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Local Club: GMOC

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

I hope they catch the turds that did thus!

#13 camshaft2

camshaft2

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

A sad day. I actually restored NDV in the late 80's. It was at least 2 years hard work in a damp lockup garage with no power. Taking bits home to refurbish etc etc. I am gutted to see the car end up like this and feel the pain of the current owner. I had some fun with the car and then sold it to my old boss who used it for shows etc. I lost touch with car once my boss sold it.
I really struggle with the mentality of some of the mindless thugs that we have living in this country who would be capable of doing this to someone's pride and joy.
To the current owner, if it is salvageable, I would be pleased to help in anyway I could to get the car back on the road by way of spares and my assistance.

#14 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,779 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Next thing is to contact insurance and work out valuation as it was in really good condition and prices keep changing. I really want another mini (this was my 3rd one), might even consider buying the wreck back but need to see what state it really is in. Could be a long term project and my eldest son really wants to work on a car., thanks for the comments.

Very sorry to hear what has happened, what a pointless waste....sadly these cars are just too valuable and vunerable to use everyday with all the recent publicity about Mini Coopers on TV not helping.

As it is was a now rare and valuble Mk2 Cooper if I was you I would buy back the wreck no matter what and then rebuild it over time at your leisure, even if you need a replacement Mk2 shell (they will be available one day from BMH) you will not regret retaining your original V5 and reg number for nostalgic and future value reasons. You can always declare its sad history as a 'stolen recovered' if you sell the rebuilt Cooper on in the future.

#15 Skable

Skable

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Local Club: South Devon Mini Club

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

DCP posted this on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook...152447463007988

I don't think it's salvageable.

Gutting. I hate to see any car being burnt out, but when it's a classic car, that's hundreds of hours and thousands of pounds gone and a loss in the family for many people.

Edited by Skable, 02 June 2014 - 06:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users