26 replies to this topic

#1 Jules

Jules

3 Gold Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:08 AM

Im not happy, what aree these birds eating, they poo on my car and it ruins the metallic paint, its like its started to melt it away, and I cant get it back to how it was, its everywhere and where it has washed off the paint is darker. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to get the paint back?

#2 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:26 AM

shoot them, they do their business on my car a lot!

#3 Poo

Poo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:55 AM

shoot them, they do their business on my car a lot!

happened to me, didn't think it'd matter so left it a boot a week, now i have a bird poo shaped patch of C**p paint on my wing :D

#4 mini_claire

mini_claire

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:47 PM

use a bit of G3 on it then polish it out with hand glase or machine polish .. go to your local bodyshop and they will probally do it for three for ya its only a two minute job :D

#5 Jules

Jules

3 Gold Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:54 PM

I like the sound of that cheers mini claire! :D

#6 bluebottle

bluebottle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:18 PM

my everyday car is an alfa in red, when i bought it my boss said jokingly the bird love red, hope your ready to wash it a lot, he wasn't wrong!...bloomin thing looks like a red dalmation!, what is it with red, and birds? my jem is parked next to it and is yellow, and gets nothing, the alfa is covered!

#7 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:22 PM

SHOT THE BUGERS thats what i say!! bit inhumain but who cares??

#8 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:46 PM

you lazy lot ! , dont just wash your cars with the jetwash at the local petrol station , wash it proply with a bucket and sponge , leather it dry and then wax it , or you can get some "liquid polimer resin "type stuff , the bird poo will just slide straight off then :grin:

#9 mini_claire

mini_claire

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:01 PM

you lazy lot ! , dont just wash your cars with the jetwash at the local petrol station , wash it proply with a bucket and sponge , leather it dry and then wax it , or you can get some "liquid polimer resin "type stuff , the bird poo will just slide straight off then :grin:

mine gets washed and polished every other day .. :grin: :D but then i do love it desperatly and hate seeing it dirty

#10 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:52 PM

WOW thts dedication for you!! i dont liek washing mine to much because i dont want it to ge tany rustyer :tongue:

#11 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:28 PM

on the contrary, washing and waxing helps to prevent rust from forming! If you give it a good hose down to wet it all over, then a good sponge off, including all along the sills right underneath, all up inside front and rear arches (including around the door hinges and vent inlets), then hose it off, it will help to keep the car in good nick. I use MER wax on mine, its awesome stuff, brings the paintwork up lovely, and you can see the water slide off when you first brake after it rains, wax really helps to protect a mini, as long as you put it in all the little nooks and crannies and make sure you polish it off to give it the protection its fine!

#12 jeffberg

jeffberg

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 12:36 AM

yes, but his solution of not washing it is easier
so if makes him feel good that he is no helping it rust then let it be

LAZINESS ALWAYS WINS

#13 Jules

Jules

3 Gold Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:22 AM

Hey woody I do wash her every weekend, but there is something in the poo that melts the metallic paint, even tho I put 3 layers of was on, and I only use auto gleem or what ever that stuff from Halfords is called, I even put Back to Black on me tyres!!! :tongue: But the paint is just ruined and there is no amount of wax before or after that can stop it. :nugget:

I hate washing my car tho because I notice more and more imperfections on her , and I want her perfect, (I HATE STONE CHIPS) :D :D :D I would rather be in denial!!!!!!

But the bird poo makes me cry :D

#14 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:38 AM

Hey woody I do wash her every weekend, but there is something in the poo that melts the metallic paint, even tho I put 3 layers of was on, and I only use auto gleem or what ever that stuff from Halfords is called, I even put Back to Black on me tyres!!! :tongue: But the paint is just ruined and there is no amount of wax before or after that can stop it. :nugget:

I hate washing my car tho because I notice more and more imperfections on her , and I want her perfect, (I HATE STONE CHIPS) :D :D :D I would rather be in denial!!!!!!

But the bird poo makes me cry :D

But the bird poo makes me cry :)

HA HA HA !!! bless :tongue:

#15 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 30 June 2004 - 01:08 PM

methane bird poo lol, maybe thats the prob to melting paint