#1 mini_nz

mini_nz

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:31 AM

Hi Guys,

Bit left field but here goes - I have broken the glass on one of the spotlights (not fog light) on a 2000 Mini Cooper 1.3i. I live in New Zealand and therefore mini rover parts and general knowledge about mini's is hard to come. I was really hoping you could help with some info on what the standard spotlight make is or what the part code is so I can order one and get it sent to NZ myself without paying through the nose by paying someone else to do it.

This was purchased new.

Although I'm not sure if it will be any help the code written on the glass of the other spotlight is Top OBEN, HR E12, 17.5, 048025, ZKW 408.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much!!!

Edited by mini_nz, 07 August 2014 - 01:58 AM.

#2 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

A picture of the spotlight may help to identify the correct one and point you in the direction of a replacement.

#3 mini_nz

mini_nz

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Great idea - see pics below -

Attached Files

#4 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

Here are replacements available from Mini Spares, I will have a look round now I have an idea which ones to see if there are any second hand units or just replacement glass available.

http://www.minispare...|Back to search

#5 mini_nz

mini_nz

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

Thanks very much for these links - looks to be exactly what I was after. If you have a chance to check for replacement glass that'd be great other wise I will just go ahead and order a new spot light.

I really appreciate your help and time on this.

Cheers!

#6 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Had a look around e-bay and the general internet and there does not appear to be any suitable used ones available, obviously the cheaper one would be better if you could buy it and just change the glass out. Seems to be saying that that one is 170mm diameter, is that the right size for yours? If you post up the diameter of yours I would be quite happy to telephone Mini Spares for you to find out the size of the other two to make sure they would fit your current one, cheaper for me to phone than you, and it would be a shame if the one you ordered turned out to be the wrong size and have to be sent back from New Zealand.

Edited by RedRuby, 11 August 2014 - 09:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users