31 replies to this topic

#16 Matt1293

Matt1293

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Follow the previously posted above linky...  All S-class info is there. It is essentially a powertrain derivative (albeit cheaper to initially build and maintain) of a regular Mini7. Upgrading to a full se7en when either the inclination or funds allow is therefore very straightforward.

Thanks for the info.

Matt1293 as fwdracer says all the S Class regs are in the same pdf as above it just highlights the differences, I'm more than happy to help with any advice or information you need ;)
Do you have a mini to convert?

Thanks very much for the offer, no doubt I'll be in touch at some point.

I don't have a donor car for it at the moment, but I take it any mk3 - mk5 shell will do as long as it's a solid shell of course. I was thinking of building a Miglia but I have too many money pits on the go so something a little cheaper and built to regs would be good fun.

I'll take a look at the regs and go from there! :)

How much is entry to a race?

Thanks again

Edited by Matt1293, 09 August 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#17 summs116

summs116

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Local Club: Mini 7 racing

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

Entry is £300-350 for double headers,

#18 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

Shaun, all depending where we go on the track for pics I will try and get in to he pit area no worries. But yeah so looking forward to the trucks

#19 charliebudd

charliebudd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

if i could chose a car to drive it would be a seven and I race in the mightys… but at the minute I'm torn between the two.. mightys have realy strong grids and cars are pretty bullet proof. from experience not what i have heard sevens are more expensive to run, but entry are cheaper. mighty entrys are about 385 a meeting, 1 20 min quail x2 20 min races and its televised. 

#20 OzOAP

OzOAP

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

I was involved in both race championships for a number of years. My engines winning 8 Mini Se7en championships, 6 Mighty Mini and 2 Super Mighty Mini titles, I also built the first 7 'S' class engine for testing/evaluation. My findings were both championships had some good people involved, but...
Mini 7 is run by a committee, with an AGM where members, (drivers), get to decide on any regulation changes ect. Very well policed and professionally run.
Mighty Mini is run by an individual who can change any regulation when it suites. If your face fits then the regulations are merely a guide line. Some cars never got checked for eligibility. I have been asked very recently to do some Mighty and Super Mighty engines, but as I found it wasn't a level playing field I declined.
Otheres will have different opinions but this is mine...

#21 steverose

steverose

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

I think that Mighty's are much cheaper to buy than a 7, and I would guess that a 7 and a super mighty would be about the same although a super is quicker (check the times from Brands or Oulton from this year if you disagree), migs are really expensive (although they do look pretty smart) and I guess would be hard to run as a driver.

Personally I think having one person making the rules is always a better way than a committee. Things always seem to be worst with a committee, its like having a trade union.... Almost all committees have a lot of people who are out to make something from it so all the regulation ideas put forward have other motives. F1, BTCC, WTCC, WRC all have a single rule maker and while teams may be able to put ideas forward it is not a committee and most of these seem to be doing well.

Unlike people seem to be suggesting you can buy the parts for a mighty from any supplier that you want, only the super cylinder heads were a standard item and the castings were supplied free the driver just had to pay for the machining. But everything else you can get from your local motor factors or mini spares (if its in stock!).

The Castle Combe action day is coming up and I guess the 7's will have a stand and a number of might's/supers will be running round so it may be worth popping along and having a look at both and making a decision based on what you see.

Either way im sure you will have fun with both.

Steve

PS I do race mightys but the above was designed to be truthful and not biased.

PPS I have a mighty for sale if anyone wants one ;)

#22 OzOAP

OzOAP

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

[quote name="steverose" post="3139457" timestamp="1410882925"]personally I think having one person making the rules is always a better way than a committee./quote]
The committee don't make/change the rules in Mini 7. The drivers vote on any changes. No one in the Se7en club is lining their own pockets.

#23 Pooley03

Pooley03

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Local Club: moles mini club wiltshire

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:19 PM

Really appreciate all the replies to this post guys, it's an interesting mix of replies which I have read and digested. It's actually my boss who wants to run a team, and I'm not really going to have much involvement with it due to my own mini project which I am building a road legal Trackday car (I raced mini stocks for 11 years and have done a few trackdays in the past) but my boss has no racing experience what so ever and I wanted opinions on which class would be better! Thanks again and very much appreciated!
Ps I think they may struggle if it comes to life!

#24 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:50 AM

Really appreciate all the replies to this post guys, it's an interesting mix of replies which I have read and digested. It's actually my boss who wants to run a team, and I'm not really going to have much involvement with it due to my own mini project which I am building a road legal Trackday car (I raced mini stocks for 11 years and have done a few trackdays in the past) but my boss has no racing experience what so ever and I wanted opinions on which class would be better! Thanks again and very much appreciated!
Ps I think they may struggle if it comes to life!

Great stuff! They will be fine give them my info any help they need at all ping me and I'm sure we can get things sorted if not I'll know of someone who can ;) good luck and keep us updated

#25 Pooley03

Pooley03

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:09 AM

Will do no problem at all

#26 Pooley03

Pooley03

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

I'll be at Combe next weekend so if you see someone hanging about in Hawaiian clothing that will be me as out club stand are going Hawaiian this year 😃

#27 charliebudd

charliebudd

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:39 AM

I think that Mighty's are much cheaper to buy than a 7, and I would guess that a 7 and a super mighty would be about the same although a super is quicker (check the times from Brands or Oulton from this year if you disagree), migs are really expensive (although they do look pretty smart) and I guess would be hard to run as a driver.

Personally I think having one person making the rules is always a better way than a committee. Things always seem to be worst with a committee, its like having a trade union.... Almost all committees have a lot of people who are out to make something from it so all the regulation ideas put forward have other motives. F1, BTCC, WTCC, WRC all have a single rule maker and while teams may be able to put ideas forward it is not a committee and most of these seem to be doing well.

Unlike people seem to be suggesting you can buy the parts for a mighty from any supplier that you want, only the super cylinder heads were a standard item and the castings were supplied free the driver just had to pay for the machining. But everything else you can get from your local motor factors or mini spares (if its in stock!).

The Castle Combe action day is coming up and I guess the 7's will have a stand and a number of might's/supers will be running round so it may be worth popping along and having a look at both and making a decision based on what you see.

Either way im sure you will have fun with both.

Steve

PS I do race mightys but the above was designed to be truthful and not biased.

PPS I have a mighty for sale if anyone wants one ;)

Steve i agree with most of that. your not wrong when you say the f1 etc.. all work because they have a single rule maker and teams can make suggestions. you can make suggestions in mightys but who to ? he doesn't listen anyway. mightys are great as they have a grid consistently over 20 but are pretty much a road car with a cage. i love the look  of sevens the only thing that would concern me is that there numbers are low again this weekend at croft. i also have this same concern with supers to be fair...

#28 fwdracer

fwdracer

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Local Club: Mini7 Racing Club

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

Croft numbers are low because it is along haul for many within the 7 club. Stands to reason that only the people that are really pushing hard for the top ten places are going. Reckon the MM or Super MM's have the same scenario.

Best thing for both participation at Croft circuit/bigger grids and a lesson for all clubs is not to put the long haul races as season closers. start of the season, much better. That is the negative.

The positive is that both the Se7en and Mig championships aren't decided - going to the wire - It promises to be a great weekend !!!

#29 fwdracer

fwdracer

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Local Club: Mini7 Racing Club

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

[quote name="steverose" post="3139457" timestamp="1410882925"]personally I think having one person making the rules is always a better way than a committee./quote]
The committee don't make/change the rules in Mini 7. The drivers vote on any changes. No one in the Se7en club is lining their own pockets.

Absolutely right. The Mini7 club administrates. The rules are decided upon by the drivers/membership.

I suspect there is many a MM driver that wishes this status quo existed within his/her race series.

#30 OzOAP

OzOAP

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

Not work/child friendly...but so funny!!!

Edited by OzOAP, 18 September 2014 - 10:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users