2 replies to this topic

#1 tom

tom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:10 PM

So, I bought some new arches, after a nasty incident where both the stock ones on the left side broke off. Instead of replacing them with the nasty OE ones, I opted to for the Wood and Pickett arches. Well, rather I would have done, except they cost a small fortune, so I went for MWS's version instead. "W/P DELUXE STYLE F/GLASS" @ £38.26 + VAT. They are quite good quality and come with the rubber strip to go between the arch and body. They come reccomended for those on a budget.

Anyway. What is the best way to atatch them to the car? All other arches that I have seen have screw holes in them, not these. Should I drill holes? or bond them? If so how?

Sorry for being a bit hopeless on this. I'd be very grateful for any help/info.

Thanks in advance.

#2 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:18 PM

you usually drill holes through the arch and fix them to the seam on the car. This is to hide the screws (although you've probably sussed that). You can use either self tappers or rivets. I used rivets when i had them because they are easier to remove and quicker to fit, plus they are aluminium so they wont rust.

#3 tom

tom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:25 PM

Ahh, I gotcher. I did think of that, but thought that maybe the arch would flap around a bit at the top, no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users