#1 ianjamieson

ianjamieson

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

Hey all.

I was wondering if people could help with my symptoms. I have the Z cars Hayabusa Mini.

About 6 months ago I noticed my clutch started slipping, and around about the same time I started hearing a knocking noise coming from the engine that would only seem to happen on deceleration. If I had my foot down on the throttle it would sound smooth as.

As I said, this was 6 months ago, I haven't really driven it since then, but I started it yesterday and the knocking sound happen straight away. At first it sounded like a lumpy idle where it hadn't been started in a whole so I gave it a few revs but the sound didn't go. It knocked in time with the engine speed. I then pressed the clutch, the knocking seemed to get louder and it cut out. Now the engine won't start.

Also, before starting it, I pressed the clutch which stayed depressed after I let off. After pumping for a while it came back up, but not completely, you have to pull it to the top.

Anyone have any views on this. Please let me know if you need any more information to diagnose the problem!

Also I am open to paying people who are interested in helping fix it, I live in Portsmouth.

Thanks.

Ian

#2 ianjamieson

ianjamieson

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

If anyone comes across this topic...

We replaced the clutch all is working great now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users