#1 CPC

CPC

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

Hi Guys.

I'm looking for somebody in East Anglia who can fine tune my carb and Megajolt settings.

I'm not confident in playing with the Megajolt myself

Thanks
Chris

#2 CPC

CPC

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

I seem to be struggling finding somebody happy to do this.. its the megajolt that scares them!

#3 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

I found that with my Megajolt. None of the tuners wanted to touch "home made and cheapo ECUs"!

#4 CPC

CPC

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

I found that with my Megajolt. None of the tuners wanted to touch "home made and cheapo ECUs"!

What did you do in the end? I'm told there is a list of maps you can try online?

I hope this is not going to sound stupid as I'm new to carbs (used to more modern stuff) but do you just set the carb up then leave it whatever the map or does the setting need to be adjust for each map

Thanks

#5 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Club less.....

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Have a google and you will find something close to your engine spec on one of the mini forums or on the autosport lab.

The reason some tuners don't like it is that they can be built from parts, or at least installed using second hand bits and home made working looms. I guess a lot of people mike make a hash of it and then they are chasing down issues, and potentional bad vibe form the customer as people fall out if it's not running properly.

If you do a good job of the loom and buy good quality shielded wires, they work great. My local rolling road tuned mine with ease, but then I didn't present him with a mass of wires badly terminated.

You will find someone you might need to travel. You will get a very close map off the internet then you can at least make sure the car runs etc. then find a tuner to finish it off

#6 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

What did you do in the end? I'm told there is a list of maps you can try online?

I hope this is not going to sound stupid as I'm new to carbs (used to more modern stuff) but do you just set the carb up then leave it whatever the map or does the setting need to be adjust for each map

Thanks

I tuned it myself. You need to get the carb jetted as close as possible to suit your engine spec. Then find a timing curve online that suits your engine spec, then tweak it.

#7 59 Speed

59 Speed

Formally know as Smackfiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

I've been searching through these:

http://www.autosport...LJ_V4_Downloads

http://www.autosport...wforum.php?f=15

There's quite a few for the A-Series, but as mentioned above they'll need fine tuning to your engine.

Hope this helps,
Ian

Edited by Smackfiend, 28 August 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#8 CPC

CPC

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

Thanks Guys

I have only just bought this car and the seller provided me with the current map but it's meaningless to me

http://media.wix.com...1c01878a628.pdf

It's a fairly modified 1380 with a swift tune10 cam and hif44 carb if that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users